Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof/evidence of parallel universe?!

PumpkinMuffin

ok, so just for giggles, i googled 'scientific proof of parallel universe' and i got this:

New Proof from Oxford: Parallel Universes Exist - http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2007/...e-of-the-m.html

what do you all think? google it too, and follow some of the other links. any and all comments/opinions/thoughts are welcome!

I will check back in a few days and post what i think, then i'll read everyone's thoughts and reply to all = ) have fun with this everyone!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PumpkinMuffin

• Admiral Danger

• questionmark

• mnemeion

i dont think that every action we do creates a new universe, but i do think that everything has some sort of twin like i think that there is more than 1 universe probably with colours and shapes weve never seen before, try to imagine that!

I believe there are different universe like a room filled with bubbles, and the bubbles act like the different dimensions or universe. :D

• 2 weeks later...

It's just an idea really. The fact that we have multiple dimensions also can explain subatomic particle theory. It is a large amount of what we are researching in particle physics.

If this stuff interests you, you might want to look into the String theory.

I guess its possible. Maybe If I die I'll go to the other ones.

Edited by mnemeion

if humans can develop a rocket that can go ultra speeds that could bend the universe itself and can get from one end of it to another, maybe it could be possible to reach other universes, or maybe a triverse

I have ... time slip phenomenon ... disappearing sink holes ... hell not too many people even on this website would believe me.

Would have to live it for yourself.

well i finally made it back here! sorry i took so long but my internet crashed for over a week!!!! i can sum up what i think about these findings rather quickly. i think that if it is in fact true, then most people wont even bother with religion anymore. i dont know about all, but some people turn to religion for comfort and answers all having to do with the unknown. well now that we 'know' there is a parallel universe/universes, then obviously it/one of them has to do with the afterlife/heaven. so you go there whether you believe or not, non-believers just taking a little more time to realize what's really going on. i think if they can nail down the reality of life after death, then atheism will vanish. people dont really need to believe in god, they just have to know that there is another place to go to, and earth is just the mid-way point. that's how i am looking at it right now. i actually just went to a funeral, and my great-gram is dying also. i let EVERYONE know about what i found, and u all should have seen the look of wonder/amazement/relief that washes over everyone's faces when i tell them about it..... =) ok now im off to read what everyone said....

Edited by PumpkinMuffin

It's just an idea really. The fact that we have multiple dimensions also can explain subatomic particle theory. It is a large amount of what we are researching in particle physics.

If this stuff interests you, you might want to look into the String theory.

this stuff more than just interests me. i came across the string theory 2 years ago and read his book on it. was it hawkins? not sure, but it was a big fricken book, hard-cover, and very scientific, so a lot of it was over my head, but i got the jist of it. incredible sh**. love it all so fricken much! there's GOT to be more to the universe than what we've been led to believe... = )

what was that part about religion? :S

afterlife exists in different dimensions of "our" universe, if "our"universe ended the dimensions which the afterlife exists will end too, there will always be more than one universe, it suits the theory that everything has some sort of twin :)

Mathematics proves nothing. Heck, I could have told you that it was mathematically possible to simulate the quantum results via branching universes. If you think about it for a few minutes, you'll realise that it's also equally possible to simulate any set of results, quantum or otherwise. As far as scientific proof goes - as the complete lack of a published peer-reviewed paper will testify - this doesn't qualify.

Hmmm.. so we would have to change the name to "multiverse"?... a Universe is one as the first syllable says.

i think mathmatics just manipulates formulas until they have something that adds up right. it doesn't necisarily mean that its true. this is definitely more along the lines of multiverse... I believe its called M theory. i saw it on the science channel a while back along with hawking paradox and some others. i donno if we will ever really have proof... definitely not in our lifetime...

i think mathmatics just manipulates formulas until they have something that adds up right. it doesn't necisarily mean that its true. this is definitely more along the lines of multiverse... I believe its called M theory. i saw it on the science channel a while back along with hawking paradox and some others. i donno if we will ever really have proof... definitely not in our lifetime...

M Theory is a branch of String Theory that deals with the Universe as a Brane, or Membrane. I believe the current version of M Theory states that the Universe exists as a 3-Brane, dealing with the three physical dimensions of the Universe, those being left/right, up/down and backwards/forwards. Modern Physics tends to deal with the Universe as a 4 Dimensional space, the aforementioned three physical dimensions and Time as the fourth. String Theory adds yet more dimensions to the Universe. For String Theory to work properly, there would have to be between 7 and 11 dimensions, and anywhere upto 26 dimensions. Unfortunately most of these dimensions are curled up in Calabi Yau space and are smaller than the Planck Length (1.6x10-35 meters), which is the smallest measurement we can accurately measure at our current level of technology. Therefore they can't be proven to exist.

i dont think that every action we do creates a new universe, but i do think that everything has some sort of twin like i think that there is more than 1 universe probably with colours and shapes weve never seen before, try to imagine that!

I don't think it is possible to imagine a color that doesn't exist <=[. It's much more likely that if the laws of the universe are different then things will simply be different colors(due to the difference in how objects react to light).

what was that part about religion? :S

afterlife exists in different dimensions of "our" universe, if "our"universe ended the dimensions which the afterlife exists will end too, there will always be more than one universe, it suits the theory that everything has some sort of twin :)

i was saying that if they could nail down the afterlife as a possible parallel universe, or better yet, part of a multi verse, then people wouldnt NEED religion. the knowledge itself would be ingrained in our cores, and absolutley irrefutable. no more 'holy wars' or crap like that. no religious descrimination. people would TRULY be equal for all eternity. i believe in it, all it needs now is to be proven. i hope that answers your question. if it were part of a mult-verse, then why would our particular universe have to exist if the afterlife was in the universe that holds all of the universes together. think of a giant bubble with an infinite amount of bubble inside. our universe would be one of the little ones, the giant one would be the afterlife. maybe that's why we cant prove the afterlife because we cant leave our universe.... are you following me? LoL

Hmmm.. so we would have to change the name to "multiverse"?... a Universe is one as the first syllable says.

yes, that's what i was getting to = )

Mathematics proves nothing. Heck, I could have told you that it was mathematically possible to simulate the quantum results via branching universes. If you think about it for a few minutes, you'll realise that it's also equally possible to simulate any set of results, quantum or otherwise. As far as scientific proof goes - as the complete lack of a published peer-reviewed paper will testify - this doesn't qualify.

i said 'check it out and tell me what you think', not to tell me to 'think about it for a minute'. i HAVE been thinking about it, but in more ways than one i guess you could say. i really wish my computer hadnt crashed a couple weeks ago, because i had like 25 links fave'd about this specifically..... i wanted to discuss it here on UM! drat! please forgive that sad sorry fact LoL i will do my best in the next couple of days to rebuild my 'case' = ) so please be patient

Edited by PumpkinMuffin

M Theory is a branch of String Theory that deals with the Universe as a Brane, or Membrane. I believe the current version of M Theory states that the Universe exists as a 3-Brane, dealing with the three physical dimensions of the Universe, those being left/right, up/down and backwards/forwards. Modern Physics tends to deal with the Universe as a 4 Dimensional space, the aforementioned three physical dimensions and Time as the fourth. String Theory adds yet more dimensions to the Universe. For String Theory to work properly, there would have to be between 7 and 11 dimensions, and anywhere upto 26 dimensions. Unfortunately most of these dimensions are curled up in Calabi Yau space and are smaller than the Planck Length (1.6x10-35 meters), which is the smallest measurement we can accurately measure at our current level of technology. Therefore they can't be proven to exist.

Which is why I wonder whether the string theory is but a great brain m********ion: fun but hardly with any relevance.