Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Gigantic Undersea Volcano

ExpandMyMind

(July 12) -- U.S. and Indonesian researchers reported a startling discovery today: A volcano rising 10,000 feet from the ocean floor off the coast of Indonesia, far below the surface of the Pacific Ocean, according to The Associated Press.

Jim Holden, the chief U.S. scientist for the first leg of the joint expedition, told AP that the underwater volcano -- designated "Kawio Barat," for the region in which it was discovered -- is "taller than all but three or four mountains in Indonesia."

It's given height would also place it among the largest undersea, or "submarine," volcanoes yet discovered.

arrow3.gifRead more...

i wonder how many climate models took this volcano into account?

not to mention the possible thousands more that are out there.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ExpandMyMind

• Abramelin

• emberlake

• Silus

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one more to add to the pile that could pose a massive risk. :blink:

:tu:

Why do they say "off the coast of Indonesia"?

It's practically on the doorstep of the Philippines.

i guess my point was missed.

i posted this to try to show that the global warming climate models cannot be accurate if they do not understand all of the variables. they did not have this volcano as part of their models, and i'm sure there are many, many more volcanoes out there spewing out CO2 that are also not a part of these seemingly indisputable models. so how can they have all of the varables? or even enough to make accurate 'predictions'?

i guess my point was missed.

i posted this to try to show that the global warming climate models cannot be accurate if they do not understand all of the variables. they did not have this volcano as part of their models, and i'm sure there are many, many more volcanoes out there spewing out CO2 that are also not a part of these seemingly indisputable models. so how can they have all of the varables? or even enough to make accurate 'predictions'?

a volcano doesnt have to be active to out gas. i also dont think they have taken into account the volcanos in antartica.