Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fine-tuned universe?

UM-Bot

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eieam Wun

• insanemind

• UM-Bot

• Oakum

Sounds decent, there's just one problem, we have only been able to infer the existence of black holes by indirect means, hence black holes could be something entirely different (neither hole or black) making this common sense argument more suitable to producing "likely sense" then actual sense.

the whynsos

Edited by Eieam Wun

Fine-tuned universe?

linked-image

Click here to watch video - 03:08s

Richard Carrier talks about our supposed fine-tuned universe, specifically, Lee Smolin's hypothesis.

Truly, if our universe is so riddled with these black holes as they say it is, then one would suspect that they are a means to fold space travel. Most of us who have half a brain on this planet and even our so-called experts do realize that we do not really know the true meaning or purpose of these space anomalies and yet we talk about them as if we were born to them not to mention denying God as Author and Creator of such things in the process. How typical? Yes, we theorize that they are created by dying suns and that their purpose it to swallow up planets and space debris even light because of their immense gravitational pull and that nothing could survive a trip through one of them. Just maybe, through higher knowledge than our own, meaning, God's knowledge of course, that they could be manipulated in some way to be used to travel across the universe in a short period of time. No one knows of what truly lies at the other end of these black holes and no, not even Einstein would know. Sorry!

In my own understanding, if I were to create a universe such as the one we live in, then yes, I would definitely create a system of passageways throughout the universe to allow me to connect to every galaxies in a shorter distance. For it would be pointless to travel anywhere in the universe let alone in our own solar system, even if we were able to travel at the speed of light.

We all know that the universe is quite vast with infinite distances between galaxies. These great distances are even in our own solar system. Therefore, it would only make sense to create passageways to get from point a to point b in the shortest time period.

Here on earth, do we not all try to get to and fro on this planet by the shortest way possible? Then why would it be any different for space travel.

God thought about everything when He create this place called the universe, so don't you worry! We will all come to know these mysteries in due time.

Oakum

There are no black holes, there has never been one found.

Scientists like this are idiots.

Black holes are hypothesized to account for the unknown forces at work on the shapes of our galaxies.

However these forces are not unknown at all, only dampened by the community to keep up the government funding.

When Electric Universe model finally becomes accepted (however unlikely because it will change everything including religion) as the mechanism at work, Mankind will finally break free. Free from political barriers, free from fossil fuels, free from this charade Education system.

I am no Physicist but think maybe somethings are beyond our understanding, I have tryed to show my young son what I do at work but realise that no matter who simple I break things down somethings are beyond him. This does not mean we should not try and figure out riddles of the cosmos but maybe the questions are too big for us at this stage.

If a black hole does suck in all matter. I remembering reading somewhere that if one was to approach a black hole that that it would look like a ripple with a black center. You could actually see the bend of light being sucked into it. heres few links

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/htmltest/gifcity/rsgrow.html

http://www.windows.ucar.edu/tour/link=/the_universe/BH.html this is a good explanation what it be like to enter a hole.

Edited by insanemind

Black holes are hypothesized to account for the unknown forces at work on the shapes of our galaxies.

However these forces are not unknown at all, only dampened by the community to keep up the government funding.

When Electric Universe model finally becomes accepted (however unlikely because it will change everything including religion) as the mechanism at work, Mankind will finally break free. Free from political barriers, free from fossil fuels, free from this charade Education system.

Yes "black holes" have been confirmed by science! Oh are you thinking that the department of defense has a secret weapon to combat black holes? hence the goverment funding comment. You sound like a guro, do read tealeaves as well.

What gets me is that he talkes as if he knows what another universe is like, how is that possible. Or is there such a thing as another universe. This is pure kaka

Yes "black holes" have been confirmed by science!

...I didn't see anything on blackholes but there are alot of links could ya point me to the one that says we directly confirmed the existence of blackholes, cause I tend to glance once and a while at Astronmy and Star and Telescope, and I am pretty sure I would of seen them saying we confirmed the existence of blackholes directly....

the whynsos

...I didn't see anything on blackholes but there are alot of links could ya point me to the one that says we directly confirmed the existence of blackholes, cause I tend to glance once and a while at Astronmy and Star and Telescope, and I am pretty sure I would of seen them saying we confirmed the existence of blackholes directly....

the whynsos

http://chandra.harvard.edu/xray_sources/bl...s_stellar2.html there ya go

Almost forgot about this post, uh, yeah first line is a doosy, so watch your step, I mean watch your reading... :geek:

"Can astronomers see a black hole? Not directly. The only way to find one is to use circumstantial evidence."

straight from your horses mouth (link)

and from my fingers "Sounds decent, there's just one problem, we have only been able to infer the existence of black holes by indirect means, hence black holes could be something entirely different (neither hole or black) making this common sense argument more suitable to producing "likely sense" then actual sense."

That isn't confirmation thats assumption as the article goes on to say that "no other explanation is possible". I've been told so many times science doesn't assume or speculate, they hypothesis and of course verify to establish facts and so on or so fourth and or such... :huh: . We don't know what this phenomena is directly, and what makes it more interesting is when seen it (black hole) doesn't even look dark (pretty damn bright actually) and it doesn't even look like a void more like a star, yeah I know....there's an answer for that but it can't be definitive by any means because we have yet to detect it directly kinda like the other deeply shaded phenomenas out there in space. :o

the whynsos bored like four doors on a two seated ford explorer...cause the back seats be down man, been moving!

If this electric universe model you're talking about is correct, people will have to accept it. But then again, I haven't heard anything about it, care to enlighten me?

If this electric universe model you're talking about is correct, people will have to accept it. But then again, I haven't heard anything about it, care to enlighten me?

I don't have any electric universe theory, yeah I know ya was asking the other guy, but if we know that the larger a star gets the more likely it is to go supernova and not just go out with a dud or a less pronounced nova, well, perhaps the smaller it becomes after it goes that nova or whatever term they use in astronomy. The larger it is the smaller it may get, I mean a star say has the diameter of mars orbit ( I think there are some bigger then that) were to collapse maybe it would get to the size of say I don't know I know Im way off but discussion sake the size of say a beach ball, now if there was and there is I believe stars far bigger an it collapsed say to the size of a marble but with the amount of density it would have, this things pull would be greater then an A&R's girlfriend... But it would be so small that no matter how hard we try we couldn't see it. Im guessing the physics says it can't be right? The physics also says the universe shouldn't be speeding up its expansion but it is...and besides the physics like all our other science is only as good as the information we have, there could be something we haven't discovered or more likely simply looking at it from the wrong angle...

the whynsos never boast just shows the host how to toast good wine at its proper time with a slice of lime of course