Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UK team designs human mission to Mars

mars astronauts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,152 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

UK team designs human mission to Mars

www.bbc.co.uk said:

Scientists at Imperial College London have designed a concept mission to land astronauts on Mars.

The plan envisages a three-person crew journeying to Mars aboard a small two-part craft.

The craft would rotate to generate artificial gravity and use a heat shield to protect itself against solar flares.

The crew would then return to Martian orbit in a pre-sent craft fuelled using ice from beneath the planet's surface.

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

Seems like everybody is planning a trip to Mars. I think we will all have to work together to get it done cost wise.

#3    Parsec

Parsec

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

EDIT: Wrong topic.

Anyway, great idea, but I think the problems lie always in the propulsion system. Untill we'll have a better and faster engine, I see it a very long way to Mars (much more than 400 milion km)

Edited by Parsec, 24 July 2013 - 11:13 PM.

Also tagged with mars, astronauts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users