Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

everything you wanted to know about evp

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 03 January 2005 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for posting the itc site, it was good. I find EVP/ITC very interesting, there is definately something there, but I am not sure what. There is a possibility that folks are receiving messages from the dead or photos from the dead; no one really knows what happens after we die so it is as good an idea as any.

I have seen and heard EVP from several websites and while some of it is an "auditory Rorschach test", some of them are quite clear and easy to understand.

For some reason, I have a hard time trusting the worlditc site though. I was reading through the material on the site and just got the feeling that I was dealing with a charletan. I can't put my finger on it, but something just doesn't seem right. When I read the paragraph below my "snake oil salesman" system went on high alert...

From the site:
The luminator is a tower-shaped device about four feet high (1.3 meters), which radically alters the environment in an area that extends about 100 feet (30 meters) in all directions from the device. It has two internal fans which move air over a series of liquid-filled rings. As the air molecules go tumbling through the rings, unusual things happen to them, according to inventor Patrick Richards, including a reverse spin of electrons. (To get the inventor's own perspective on the luminator, its effects, and its use in non-ITC applications, please see www.biolumanetics.net.)

Reverse spin of electrons? huh.gif okeedokee...so I went to the bioluminetics site to see what he had to say on the subject. I have to say that from the writing on the website I doubt if the person is qualified to be able to know if a electron reversed its' spin or not. How would he know? blink.gif

Well after reading through both of the websites I have not changed my opinion of EVP/ITC; there is something there that needs more study. It really could be something incredible if it were to be studied by folks that have objectivity and a more scientific background. I do not trust either of the sites though, there is just something not quite right...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#17    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(Fluffybunny @ Jan 3 2005, 06:46 PM)
Thanks for posting the itc site, it was good. I find EVP/ITC very interesting, there is definately something there, but I am not sure what. There is a possibility that folks are receiving messages from the dead or photos from the dead; no one really knows what happens after we die so it is as good an idea as any.

I have seen and heard EVP from several websites and while some of it is an "auditory Rorschach test", some of them are quite clear and easy to understand.

For some reason, I have a hard time trusting the worlditc site though. I was reading through the material on the site and just got the feeling that I was dealing with a charletan. I can't put my finger on it, but something just doesn't seem right. When I read the paragraph below my "snake oil salesman" system went on high alert...

From the site:
The luminator is a tower-shaped device about four feet high (1.3 meters), which radically alters the environment in an area that extends about 100 feet (30 meters) in all directions from the device. It has two internal fans which move air over a series of liquid-filled rings. As the air molecules go tumbling through the rings, unusual things happen to them, according to inventor Patrick Richards, including a reverse spin of electrons. (To get the inventor's own perspective on the luminator, its effects, and its use in non-ITC applications, please see www.biolumanetics.net.)

Reverse spin of electrons? huh.gif okeedokee...so I went to the bioluminetics site to see what he had to say on the subject. I have to say that from the writing on the website I doubt if the person is qualified to be able to know if a electron reversed its' spin or not. How would he know? blink.gif

Well after reading through both of the websites I have not changed my opinion of EVP/ITC; there is something there that needs more study. It really could be something incredible if it were to be studied by folks that have objectivity and a more scientific background. I do not trust either of the sites though, there is just something not quite right...

I dont blame you FB.....One should always be sceptical about things like this.On the plus side i have spoken with MM several times by e-mail and he comes across as a most genuine guy to me ...he does not appear to be in this for the money and only got into EVP/ITC after being diagnosed with cancer some years back.When you raise questions on that site you will be told ....dont take our word for it ...try it yourself....something i admit i havent had the balls to do yet.
Did you read any of the books ?you will find that most of the research has been done by people wanting to get in touch with their own dead relatives and taking it from there.....to me none seem to be in the "snakeoil"business ...nevertheless scepticism is a healthy thing. thumbsup.gif

#18    regmanabq

regmanabq

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

• It could be a lot of things.

Posted 04 January 2005 - 08:15 PM

[quote=Bogeyman,Jan 4 2005, 07:39 AM]
[quote=Fluffybunny,Jan 3 2005, 06:46 PM]Thanks for posting the itc site, it was good. I find EVP/ITC very interesting, there is definately something there, but I am not sure what. There is a possibility that folks are receiving messages from the dead or photos from the dead; no one really knows what happens after we die so it is as good an idea as any.

some reason, I have a hard time trusting the worlditc site though. I was reading through the material on the site and just got the feeling that I was dealing with a charletan. [right] [/right]
[/quote]

I think it's more their style that makes you think Charlatan. The site does look like some internet scams out there, but mostly due to the design and some of the writing. But I do say that they are great! Lot's of info at the WorldITC and if they are making money, I sure don't know where.

I'm actually impressed with the whole EVP ITC world as far as that goes. No one makes any money off this, even the authors of the books don't make much or use what they do to fund their research and travel expenses. No one is going to get rich doing EVP, even with a hit movie. The World ITC even believes to do so will harm you in the afterlife. All their books are free and even some you can still buy in stores are available online because someone took the time to type them all in! That's dedication when there is no money in it.  

I don't think that's the way to run a scam! So I know they are not in in for the money.

IT seems that most of the people studying this are very intelligent and follow scientific procedures whenever possible. Even the hard core believers don't come near to what you might see with the alien folks, psychics or even far right or left religious or political groups;They are all open to other possibilities and explanations and never have I heard " it's this or that and that's the way it is, even if I can't prove it."

They might believe one theory is true (ghosts usually), just like regular scientists believe their theories are correct until proven otherwise, but all actually seem bent on proving it and not just charging money to talk to ghosts no one else can see or hear, like some people I won't mention who have large telephone networks and millions of followers.

I'd love to see someone prove this. I'm willing to help out if I can. I'm tired of people like JesusFreak just spamming every board they can find with the same post saying "it's demons" or others with a personal interest saying "you have to be a medium" (oh, like you, yes...$50, oh I see). OK, I say, prove it either way.

The fact is no one knows for sure where these are coming from or how it's actually done. There are many competing theories as people learn more. Lot's of scientific research has happened in the past, but when mainstream science is unable to prove it impossible right away, they tend to cancel their studies and abandon all research. See my articleDo you hear voices in the white noise? to learn more about what's already been done to prove EVP. It's facinating to learn what has been done and to wonder why more never was.

My advice to everyone would be look at all there is available and make up your own mind. Every theory is exciting and has a chance of being true. I still think EVP has the best chance of anything to actually prove ghosts exist. Something is going on and it doesn't seem to be radio waves causing it. Amazing.

Regmanabq
EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomenon
Can you really record ghost voices. Follow one man's journey to find out.

#19    Bogeyman

Bogeyman

Poltergeist

• 2,841 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:50 AM

Regmanabg
you have articulated my thoughts exactly on the ITC/EVP phenomenen.
Of all the claims and counter claims out there this to me seems the most genuine.
The net is littered with people who were sceptical of this and tried it themselves only to become more convinced than any.
Havent tried it myself yet but i hope to.

#20    Shai_Hulud

Shai_Hulud

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:53 PM

Reverse spin of electrons?  okeedokee...so I went to the bioluminetics site to see what he had to say on the subject. I have to say that from the writing on the website I doubt if the person is qualified to be able to know if a electron reversed its' spin or not. How would he know? 

Merely a principle in physics, an electron, a fermion has a half integer spin. However the additional of spin of the electrons in the atom is a whole number. Well you can't tell if the spins of the electrons are reversed since each electron are identical and indistinguisable. If you measured the energy of the atom passing through the "rings" they would come out equal even if you had reverse the spin.

#21    regmanabq

regmanabq

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

• It could be a lot of things.

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE(Bogeyman @ Jan 5 2005, 05:50 AM)
Regmanabg
you have articulated my thoughts exactly on the ITC/EVP phenomenen.
Of all the claims and counter claims out there this to me seems the most genuine.
The net is littered with people who were sceptical of this and tried it themselves only to become more convinced than any.
Havent tried it myself yet but i hope to.

Yep. Even the people running the AAEVP, Tom and Lisa Butler didn't believe at first. Now they run the whole show! There is just too many testimonials from skeptics who tried it and were baffled. There is no scam here.

Regmanabq
EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomenon
Can you really record ghost voices. Follow one man's journey to find out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users