Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Comics!

MarvelAtTheWords

What comicbook was your favorite when you were kid and why?

And dare I ask if you are female or male?

Do you still read comics?

• Like 2

What comicbook was your favorite when you were kid and why?

And dare I ask if you are female or male?

Do you still read comics?

I dont really read comics but sometime invest in them to keep in mint condition. Comic with new character arrivals

• Like 1

What does that mean? To keep in mint condition?:)

• Like 1

What does that mean? To keep in mint condition? :)

Means to keep it in perfect or near perfect condition.

I'm a huge comic book nerd. I read a a bunch of Malibu and Image comics as a kid, as well as the standard Spiderman, Captain America, Superman, and Batman.

I still read a bunch of comics... mostly online now due to the cost. I miss the comic shop. :(

Right now... I think my favorite is Hellblazer. I also really enjoyed the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Marvel 1602, marvel Zombies, and still read Spiderman, Captain America, Image titles like Invincible, The Walking Dead, and load of others I'm forgetting right now.

Comics are like my drug. need my weekly fix or I get the shakes. :D

• Like 2

I loved Archies and the whole gang... I don't read comics per say but I admit I do read the funnies if I happen to go through a newspaper...

Edited by dlonewolf85
  • Like 1

Means to keep it in perfect or near perfect condition.

I'm a huge comic book nerd. I read a a bunch of Malibu and Image comics as a kid, as well as the standard Spiderman, Captain America, Superman, and Batman.

I still read a bunch of comics... mostly online now due to the cost. I miss the comic shop. :(

Right now... I think my favorite is Hellblazer. I also really enjoyed the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Marvel 1602, marvel Zombies, and still read Spiderman, Captain America, Image titles like Invincible, The Walking Dead, and load of others I'm forgetting right now.

Comics are like my drug. need my weekly fix or I get the shakes. :D

Oooo...me like :D

Couldn't agree more. And I loved Wolverine. The origin...

When I was younger I read Conan, Spawn and the Phantom. I love Hellblazer Marvel 1602 and Fables. And I buy the American version (not translated)

What do you mean you miss the Comicshop? Don't they exist anymore?

I that case...thats horrible!! That was highest on my list to visit when I someday get to go to US...

• Like 1

Oh the comic shops are still around. It's just at 3 dollars or more a comic I can't afford to visit them any longer. I get them cheaper through digital access instead. But it's not as great as shooting the breeze with the people atthe store, and getting into intense arguments over something from the medium.

Oh yeah, I remember that X-O Manowar is being redone, as are a lot of comics from the 90's that I used to love. It's made me very happy.

• Like 1

Good to know :) I seriously can't wait til I'll be able to go.

And yeah it made me very very happy too...:D

• Like 1

Female!

When I was a kid I read the Archie comics, Sonic, and Sonic & Knuckles.

Now I read Transformers and BPRD. I've also considered picking up the Deadpool series, but I haven't yet.

• Like 1

Female!

When I was a kid I read the Archie comics, Sonic, and Sonic & Knuckles.

Now I read Transformers and BPRD. I've also considered picking up the Deadpool series, but I haven't yet.

BPRD! I love that series, and of course HellBoy.

Deadpool is pretty great for the over the top comedy and general sillyness.

Ever looked at Atomic Robo? Constant nerd fest of awesome!

Current stuff has Robo being trained by Bruce Lee!

:sk

Need one of those nerdy squee smileys...

• Like 1

I read comics a lot when I was a kid inthe early to mid 60's...

I always liked the Marvel characters better than the DC ones and those were pretty much the only choices back then (oh there were other companies but they were not really in the same league)...

Characters/books I liked:

Thor

Spiderman

Fantastic Four

Martian Manhunter

Green Lantern

Magnus Robot Fighter (from a smaller company I believe)

Didn't care for Superman or Batman at all really...

other characters I liked (some came much later):

Kilraven

The Haunted Tank

Jonah Hex

Sgt Fury and His Howling Commandos

Now I subscribe to Thor - that's about it...

• Like 1

BPRD! I love that series, and of course HellBoy.

Deadpool is pretty great for the over the top comedy and general sillyness.

Ever looked at Atomic Robo? Constant nerd fest of awesome!

Current stuff has Robo being trained by Bruce Lee!

:sk

Need one of those nerdy squee smileys...

I have heard of Atomic Robo, but never really looked into it. I'll have to look it up later.

• Like 1

I have heard of Atomic Robo, but never really looked into it. I'll have to look it up later.

Carl Sagan builds a laser and blasts a multi dimensional monster with it while saying his famous science as a candle in the dark line.

Awesome.

• Like 1

Male. Avengers.

Got a ton of comics but don't read or buy them much anymore. I'll get one off of ebay every once in a while.

• Like 1

Oh the comic shops are still around. It's just at 3 dollars or more a comic I can't afford to visit them any longer. I get them cheaper through digital access instead. But it's not as great as shooting the breeze with the people atthe store, and getting into intense arguments over something from the medium.

Oh yeah, I remember that X-O Manowar is being redone, as are a lot of comics from the 90's that I used to love. It's made me very happy.

I just noticed what you said about the price. That's really cheap.

You don't wanna know what I pay for mine :l

I'll just say it's a looooot more...

But still I have to have them. It's the touch and feel..and the smell. I love it and it makes me happy everytime I get my hands on a new one :)

Edited by MarvelAtTheWords
  • Like 1

Fantastic Four

Male

Born: 1963

We had the first marvel super heroes cartoons back in the late 60s with Spiderman, Capt. America, Ironman, Thor and Hulk.

I remember Marvel super hero stickers from the late 60's on our red wagon.

The earliest comics I recall reading were FF #100, the Spiderman issue titled: "Spiderman No More!" and the team up book with stories of Namor vs the WW2 version of the Human Torch and Toro. I took scissors to those books to make my own action figures!(Oh well).

At the end of the 70s after Star Wars and Star Trek hit theaters, I went to see The guy who played Scotty at the Philadelphia Sci Fi and comic book convention and was introduced to the comic book collectors. 1979, I think it was.

• Like 1

Male

Born: 1984

Favorite of all time is Transmetropolitan 1997-2002. It's dirty and futuristic and hilarious. Still available in trade volumes.

Preacher

Sandman

Batman - No Man's Land arc was particularly good

• Like 1

I love Sandman. I love all Neil Gaiman. Have you read any of his novels?

• Like 1

I love Sandman. I love all Neil Gaiman. Have you read any of his novels?

I've read American Gods and Stardust. Very good stuff.

• Like 1

I found a box of comics from the 80s, with a bunch of Grimjack comics which used to be my favorite as a kid. I'm so happy!

:w00t:

• Like 1

Awwww....Shadow when you say things like that you make me wanna dig out my Spawn collection :!D

I'm glad for you:)

• Like 1

I used to love "Mad" magazine when I was a kid.

Nope, no longer read comics.

Although I watch Family Guy and King of the Hill

• Like 2

You gotta read the comics Mule :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1) What comicbook was your favorite when you were kid and why?

2) And dare I ask if you are female or male?

3) Do you still read comics?

1) Conan the Barbarian, then King Conan, then ROM, then The Amazing Spiderman, then The Uncanny X-Men, then... oh hell, etc... etc... etc...

2) Male

3) No

Though I must admit, I do miss reading comics. They were a great joy when I was growing up and I almost decided to become a comic book artist. I even had an art scholarship which paid my college tuition while I was still going. But my college art professor hated comic books, and I stopped going to my art class because he was such a major pr**k. Then I found a job and I realized that actually having money was a good thing. Which led to less attendance, and eventually not going any more at all. Job to job, to business, to job.

Wish I had stayed in college. Oh well.

Maybe I should write a comic book now...

*ponders the possibilities*

• Like 1