Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Wisconsin Sheriff Tells the Truth!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

I agree with this topic. :gun:

#17    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 7,489 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 January 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

The eyes and ears are obvious, but not just to help out the police, but for your own safety. He is on the other hand saying there are fewer resources than before and he says "With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option,"  so by saying it is NO LONGER an option, means it was before.
I understand what you are saying, but the point is some may take this as a green card to become vigilantes because the police are short of resources.
He is reiterating the obvious, but he is also adding to that the point that it will be acceptable to to shoot to kill without as many questions being asked now.

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 January 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

At the end of the day, if the police can not protect you, then yes, you have to protect yourselves. But surely the government should be making sure there are enough resources to keep the public safe.......not always possible to do that if you are faced with a gun aimed at you and there is no time to call anyone, but my point was will there be some using this as an excuse to shoot to kill when it may not have been necessary ?
He said it's no longer the best option. He didn't say it was no longer an option at all. And in the event that something happens I guarantee just as many questions will be asked as any other situation. The sheriff isn't going to just say thanks and take ones word at face value. There will still be due process and an investigation.
How about we keep track of this situation and see what happens. There will still be law abiding citizens and there will still be crazy people. If you think average Joes are going to flip a switch and suddenly want to go criminal hunting I doubt it. But the way you're portraying it is that people are going to use this as an excuse to go shoot someone for the hell of it because nobody is going o question it. 9.999999/10 people aren't going to do that because most people don't want to shoot anyone else. Your rationale is crazy.

Posted Image

#18    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 7,489 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostMichelle, on 26 January 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

You can think we are all a bunch or rogues chomping at the bit for a gunfight all you want, but that isn't the case. You can make it sound like you have a police officer on every corner where you live, but that is also not the case. I've heard from members on UM for years about how when a crime is commited you are lucky if the police show up a couple of days later to take a report. Frankly your attitude and opinion of us is annoying. You twist and turn everything to make it sound like we are all a bunch of rednecks.
Right on.

Posted Image

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,909 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostMichelle, on 26 January 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

You can think we are all a bunch or rogues chomping at the bit for a gunfight all you want, but that isn't the case. You can make it sound like you have a police officer on every corner where you live, but that is also not the case. I've heard from members on UM for years about how when a crime is commited you are lucky if the police show up a couple of days later to take a report. Frankly your attitude and opinion of us is annoying. You twist and turn everything to make it sound like we are all a bunch of rednecks.

Not at all! how is " but my point was will there be some using this as an excuse to shoot to kill when it may not have been necessary ? "  indicate all of you? It does not!!
You are right about not having a police man on every street corner here, but as i have pointed out, we can take care of ourselves without the use of a gun....did you see the thread about the gun man taken down by the locals..all unarmed?
We are used to the police not turning up within ten minutes, but that depends on what neighborhood you live in, but in minimum police areas, we know how to look after ourselves. it is very rare that the criminal has a gun and if they have they will not normally shoot at the general public.
Frankly I think your paranoia is blinding you to what some people are saying and asking you. I have not said that you should not be unarmed, just read the posts.

Edited by freetoroam, 26 January 2013 - 08:29 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

I just woke up. The word is protesting in masses in the streets was ineffective and changing the guard is futile through voting. Creativity is the answer and outright disobedience. This sherriffshows us the right way to go about this. Along with the masses in NY refusing to register there guns. These are examples of the engine reving up in America. Hopefully full calamity can be avoided and reasonable government will appear.

#21    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,765 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 January 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Not at all! how is " but my point was will there be some using this as an excuse to shoot to kill when it may not have been necessary ? " indicate all of you?
You are right about not having a police man on every street corner here, but as i have pointed out, we can take care of ourselves without the use of a gun....did you see the thread about the gun man taken down by the locals..all unarmed?
We are used to the police not turning up within ten minutes, but that depends on what neighborhood you live in, but in minimum police areas, we know how to look after ourselves. it is very rare that the criminal has a gun and if they have they will not normally shoot at the general public.
Frankly I think your paranoia is blinding you to what some people are saying and asking you. I have not said that you should not be unarmed, just read the posts.

Did you also see the report that it was a fake gun?

I'm sure you would be very good at taking out a guy that comes up behind you with a knife. :rolleyes:  That's why there are no knife victims...because you can all take care of yourselves so proficiently.

See what I mean about the attitude?

#22    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,909 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostMichelle, on 26 January 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Did you also see the report that it was a fake gun?

I'm sure you would be very good at taking out a guy that comes up behind you with a knife. :rolleyes:  That's why there are no knife victims...because you can all take care of yourselves so proficiently.

See what I mean about the attitude?
No I do not. you seem to be missing the point of this thread.
Fake or not, it did not stop the people from tackling him and as i have already said, it is unusual for the robber to actually shoot, they use the gun, fake or not to scare.
I asked you a question and you have gone completely defensive, god forbid if you were ever in a situation where you had an opportunity whether to shoot or not, people like you would not even hesitate.

Edited by freetoroam, 26 January 2013 - 08:42 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#23    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,765 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 January 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

No I do not. you seem to be missing the point of this thread.
Fake or not, it did not stop the people from tackling him and as i have already said, it is unusual for the robber to actually shoot, they use the gun, fake or not to scare.
I asked you a question and you have gone completely defensive, god forbid if you were ever in a situation where you had an opportunity whether to shoot or not, people like you would not even hesitate.

I was not addressing the point of this thread. I was addressing your asinine assumptions, accusations and insinuations such as the bolded.

Edited by Michelle, 26 January 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#24    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,909 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostMichelle, on 26 January 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

I was not addressing the point of this thread. I was addressing your asinine assumptions, accusations and insinuations such as the bolded.
And I was addressing this accusation you made:

"You can think we are all a bunch or rogues chomping at the bit for a gunfight all you want,
Frankly your attitude and opinion of us is annoying. You twist and turn everything to make it sound like we are all a bunch of rednecks"

What did you expect me to do,  agree with that? what you have written there is not true at all!!

#25    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,765 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 January 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

And I was addressing this accusation you made:

"You can think we are all a bunch or rogues chomping at the bit for a gunfight all you want,
Frankly your attitude and opinion of us is annoying. You twist and turn everything to make it sound like we are all a bunch of rednecks"

What did you expect me to do,  agree with that? what you have written there is not true at all!!

I stand by my opinion of your words.

#26    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Michelle noones chomping at the bit to get into a gun war except the crazies shooting up crap. The rest are trying to resolve this without mass bloodshed. Ive listened to you and you are reasonable so that might make sense to you. Being prepared and willing is much different then crossing the line into open conflict.

#27    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,231 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 January 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

At the end of the day, if the police can not protect you, then yes, you have to protect yourselves. But surely the government should be making sure there are enough resources to keep the public safe.......not always possible to do that if you are faced with a gun aimed at you and there is no time to call anyone, but my point was will there be some using this as an excuse to shoot to kill when it may not have been necessary ?

Sure there will probably be a few Charles Bronsons (Aka Mr. Death Wish, lol) over here, who may or may not think themselves as heros in their act of vigilantism,  but that's nothing compared to aggresiveness of the criminals we have here. Not to sound rude, Freetoroam, but in all honesty that's the last goddamn thing we're all worry about since those types seem to be very few in numbers The criminals here outweigh the vigilantes 5 to 1. If you lived here for at least a couple of years, you would understand a lot more than you already think you do know. You would want more than just a simple gun, you would also probably want at least a shotgun for back up.

You've got to understand, there is a large difference in the population pertaining to your country and our country. You've got what? 62 million total over in England and we've got nearly 312 million over here. Now we're bound to have more criminals over here versus the amount of criminals you have over in England. Which means we've got bigger problems than you, again...not to mention the Cartels we've got coming across our borders, adding to the big cluster**** of criminal activity we have here. So even though gun restrictions worked out for you guys on your tiny little island, that's a pipe dream here; maybe if our population was cut down below the number of your total criminal population. I mean we've got a "F" ing army of criminals over here, spread out all over the country, some organized and some not organized. We're fighting a war on crime here, not just a few thefts, bank robberies, murders or fights in a local pub somewhere. To put it simply, our criminal activity is worse than your criminal activity, therefore, we need guns. And as for the Charles Bronson types? They don't scare us so much, because there is very few of them, the criminals do, because there is a **** load of them over here!

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#28    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,909 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostMichelle, on 26 January 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

So what??? Are you kidding me? An overzealous group of men killed a man who had a fake gun and was no threat to them at all. How barbaric.
They did not know it was fake at the time and NO, they did not kill him deliberately. They were defending themselves, you for one should know how that works! thats the reason why you have guns isn`t it, to use them if needed to defend yourselves, we do not have guns so use other means.  As i have said before, if i lived in America, i too would have a gun if needed.

#29    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,765 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 January 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

They did not know it was fake at the time and NO, they did not kill him deliberately. They were defending themselves, you for one should know how that works! thats the reason why you have guns isn`t it, to use them if needed to defend yourselves, we do not have guns so use other means.  As i have said before, if i lived in America, i too would have a gun if needed.

I answered this in the other thread.

#30    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,909 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostPurifier, on 26 January 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Sure there will probably be a few Charles Bronsons (Aka Mr. Death Wish, lol) over here, who may or may not think themselves as heros in their act of vigilantism,  but that's nothing compared to aggresiveness of the criminals we have here. Not to sound rude, Freetoroam, but in all honesty that's the last goddamn thing we're all worry about since those types seem to be very few in numbers The criminals here outweigh the vigilantes 5 to 1. If you lived here for at least a couple of years, you would understand a lot more than you already think you do know. You would want more than just a simple gun, you would also probably want at least a shotgun for back up.

You've got to understand, there is a large difference in the population pertaining to your country and our country. You've got what? 62 million total over in England and we've got nearly 312 million over here. Now we're bound to have more criminals over here versus the amount of criminals you have over in England. Which means we've got bigger problems than you, again...not to mention the Cartels we've got coming across our borders, adding to the big cluster**** of criminal activity we have here. So even though gun restrictions worked out for you guys on your tiny little island, that's a pipe dream here; maybe if our population was cut down below the number of your total criminal population. I mean we've got a "F" ing army of criminals over here, spread out all over the country, some organized and some not organized. We're fighting a war on crime here, not just a few thefts, bank robberies, murders or fights in a local pub somewhere. To put it simply, our criminal activity is worse than your criminal activity, therefore, we need guns. And as for the Charles Bronson types? They don't scare us so much, because there is very few of them, the criminals do, because there is a **** load of them over here!
Thankyou, an answer to my question from a person who knows.
As you point out, you need guns, we do not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users