Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Friday the 13th

j6p

This is Friday the 13th....I live with a black cat and I will cross it's path....I'm going to break a mirror on purpose and I will walk under a ladder. I'll get back to you later to report the results of my experiment....maybe.user posted image

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Althalus

• Starlyte

• Anirbas

Actually, j6p, I think it's the cat that has to cross your path.

And don't forget to spill the salt. rolleyes.gif

Oh, and if you get a chance, step on a crack and walk on a grave.

Edited by schadeaux

I also have a black cat, and throw spilled salt over your left shoulder. There is also a full moon tomorrow. Time to get crazy! wacko.gif

I don't think that cats give bad luck ph34r.gif

and I agree with ((schadeaux))

I don't think cats give bad luck either, quite the opposite actually. I prefer not to fall prey to such superstitions.

j6p, if you cross your fingers before midnight, you should be okay. rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

(I have no idea where that came from) whistling.gif

Oh nooooooooo J6 , now you'll have to cut the head off a virgin goose before the sun comes up and run around your house 3 times naked shouting "woolly,woolly, woolly ......." quickly j6 there's no time to waste ohmy.gif

w00t.gif

It is the American version of the myth that says black cats give you bad luck if they croos your path, whereas the English version says that if they cross your path it is god luck.

sad.gif friday 13th scares me every year i never go out i stay home and i used to skip school on this day, (had a very bad experience)

Oh nooooooooo J6 , now you'll have to cut the head off a virgin goose before the sun comes up and run around your house 3 times naked shouting "woolly,woolly, woolly ......." quickly j6 there's no time to waste ohmy.gif

w00t.gif

LOL Kismit laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Is this something you've ever had to do ? ;o)

Some Irish superstitions about Friday include:

Hair should never be cut on a friday as it is the most unluckyest day of the week, no-one should begin a new journey on this day, or move house, or commence business, and even worse than all these is you should never bring a cat from one house to another on this day.

The reason for all of this is that Adam and Eve were suppposed to have been expelled from the Garden of Eden on this day, also Christ was supposed to have been crucified on this day. Fairies are supposed to have great power on Friday, and if you speak ill of them, they will work evil magic on you.

Ohhh nooo Neen , girls have to cry out "Weeeeeeeeee!!!!!! abduct.gificon_mrgreen.gif

MAGIC AND SUPERSTITION

copyright 1968 Douglas Hill

Published 1968 by the Hamlyn Publishing Group

"Thirteen is especially unlucky terms of dinner parties, referring back to the Last Supper or the Norse feast: it is believed that one of the thirteen diners will die within a year. But the fear exists in every occurrence of the number. Throughout the western world people can still be found numbering their houses '12 1/2,' to avoid living in number 13. The state lotteries of France, Italy, and elsewhere never sell tickets with that number. Hotels and hospitals, and similar institutions, often have no room numbered thirteen; and many big hotels, like the new Cavendish Hotel completed in London in 1966, also have no thirteenth floor. Fear is also aroused if the thirteenth of the month falls on a Friday--in itself a notoriously unlucky day, largely by association with Good Friday."......

My Sister and her partner met on Good Friday the 13th .... I don't know if that's a good thing or not . unsure.gif

Who watched the Friday the 13th movie marathon, i loved it. JASON ROXX!! devil.gif

Well I haven't read all the replies but I got some Friday 13th stories - well just two sorta - last night (Friday 13th) was of course the full moon as well - my cat was (who is black and white) was literally trying to climb the walls I really wish I'd had my camera ready! That was funny - and I say that Friday 13th is a lucky day cause 9 months ago yesterday my granny got to go to heaven! So someone tell me how is it unlucky!

Hello Anirbas, I like your positive thinking. Yes your Grand Mom is lucky to have a Grand Daughter like you, I'm sure she is looking at you with great pride at this very moment. My black and white cat is named Aphrodite, Ditty for short and I am trying to get her picture on this stupid computer with this stupid new camera that I just got but I can't figure the stupid instructions.

Tina refuses to try to show me how to work it because every time she comes near me I snap her picture and it don't turn out, she said she don't like me today. Stupid electronics, stupid instructions.

Ya'll have a nice day now, ok original.gif

thanks jp6 - I know that if I said it was an unlucky day I'd be selfish. She's having more fun than she has ever had before and granny had a rough life!She deserves the bliss of heaven!!! I'd love to see her and hug her once more - I long for it and my heart is shattered and broken into millions of pieces. But if I had the chance for that and it meant taking that (heaven) away from her even for a second I'd have to turn it down! crying.gif On the other hand - Friday 13 will NEVER be the same for me again! happy.gif

it was a great friday the 13th for me and especially for one of my best friends, for you know what i mean. it only took 3 months, but he said it was magical. rolleyes.gif