Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Piers Morgan debates Ted Nugent on GunControl

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

Piers Morgan debates Ted Nugent on Gun Control

Feb. 5, 2013

Yemen Piers?.... really?... you add them to the debate?  Yemen is a nation currently under civil unrest and is currently being bombed by American drone strikes.  Children are killed in these strikes.  Poor Ted, he had an opportunity to nail Piers with that one.  Alex Jones mentioned drone strikes during his episode with Morgan.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#2    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,572 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

Ted should of drew his gun!

Piers asks to help him understand and says this debate needs to happen. I say the debate is happening and Piers isn't going to understand because he doesn't want to and if he did he wouldn't admit it anyways. This is his shtick. And he's pretty damn arrogant telling the Nuge what the second amendment does and does not entitle us to. This is the wrong debate for a Brit to tell an American what he's entitled to considering history.

Posted Image

#3    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

Deport the douchebag

#4    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,516 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

Jones and Nugent sound extreme at times, but it was fun to watch them smack down Morgan. He got a taste of his own medicine. He was much braver with the woman who discussed gun control with him. He threw his notes during *that* debate.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#5    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,516 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 06 February 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

Piers asks to help him understand and says this debate needs to happen. I say the debate is happening and Piers isn't going to understand because he doesn't want to and if he did he wouldn't admit it anyways. This is his shtick. And he's pretty damn arrogant telling the Nuge what the second amendment does and does not entitle us to. This is the wrong debate for a Brit to tell an American what he's entitled to considering history.

Did you know that Morgan is Irish? He has an English accent and a Welsh surname (fake), but he has roots in Eire. Ireland shares the USA's history when it comes to expelling monarchist troops. One would think that Morgan would sound less like King George III with that kind of background.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#6    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

This idiot is still spreading the misinformation that an AR-15 was used in the Sandy Hook shooting. And people talk about FOX news.

#7    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

Piers looks dumber and dumber ,as he goes .

Miss me?

#8    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

He is lucky Ted didnt put a beatdown on him,ted is a bit wild sometimes but the man is no fool!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#9    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

I must admit he is getting a bit obsessive and quite frankly irritating,and I also now admit that previous statements I made on here concerning guns were a bit harsh and ill informed.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#10    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,575 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 06 February 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

I must admit he is getting a bit obsessive and quite frankly irritating,and I also now admit that previous statements I made on here concerning guns were a bit harsh and ill informed.

Everyone gets a bit carried away sometimes when debating others on certain subjects.I myself am waiting to see how everything unfolds,i still believe responsible adults should be allowed to have their same rights and the ones who dont want them do not have to have them.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#11    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

He needs to shut up, he has no say what we do with our constitution, besides it was created by our founding fathers because of his nation.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#12    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,901 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

We had the right to hand it to England's government in 1776, without the 2nd Amendment.   And yet here's Piers who thinks that we don't have the right to do it to our own, with the 2nd Amendment.  

He keeps asking the same stupid question over and over again:  Why would anyone need an AR-15?   Have you seen the guns the military is using lately Mr Morgan?   Yes we need light weapons like AR-15s as well as much more significant firearms in light of modern military firepower.  Is his IQ so low or attitude problem so severe that in a single breath he can sputter: "I've already read the 2nd Amendment. I know what it says. Why would anyone need an AR-15?" and not be able to figure out that the 2nd Amendment answers his favorite question?  

Should we line up some cardboard cut-outs of little kids on a street, then get a Hummer (not the kind my g/f gave me last night, but the 4WD vehicle) and run them all over and then explain how similar the Hummer is to the Humvee, just because some nut job happened to barrel his Hummer into a crowd full of kids in the playground at school last week, now we should all have to support Obama's proposal to ban all Americans from driving Hummers! Where does this sanctimonious blowhard get the audacity to think that he creates the designer American society that he sees fit?

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#13    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 06 February 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

Yes shoot anyone who disagrees with you..  You all should get guns in case you are in an argument, that should make your rights to own guns look better... Bring back the days of the old west...

Seriously, I believe you all should own a right to keep your arms and not ever loose your rights  ( said it a dozen times ) But shooting people who do not agree with you, is not the smart way to go about it.. You are only giving the anti gunners more ammo  ( pardon the pun )  to use against the gun owners...  If you were serious in what you said, then it doesn't look good,  if you weren't serious, then you may see were I am coming from

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 06 February 2013 - 02:38 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#14    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,867 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Why is it that the most adamant "responsible" gun owners on this forum seem to be the ones joking and/or threatening to use their guns to shoot people?

There's reasonable people here, like HerNibs and Michelle... and then theres the more vocal ones who talk of actually shooting people.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#15    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,575 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostStellar, on 06 February 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Why is it that the most adamant "responsible" gun owners on this forum seem to be the ones joking and/or threatening to use their guns to shoot people?

There's reasonable people here, like HerNibs and Michelle... and then theres the more vocal ones who talk of actually shooting people.

Never pull a gun unless you are going to use it,before you do know the consequences and repercussions.I will make no jokes or threats about it,this is a serious issue.I think some joke to lighten the mood because both sides get a bit carried away on this subject.If some are making threats i honestly do not see the point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users