Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 2 votes

Anyone seen this picture?


  • Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#46    scowl

scowl

    Government Agent

  • Closed
  • 4,111 posts
  • Joined:17 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

Once again only a single photo?

If I ever come across a UFO expect to see at least a dozen of my shots of it posted.


#47    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 02 October 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

Actually, no you couldn't. We neither have distance nor size; we need one or the other. If we had a rough estimate of size, we could gauge the distance and vice versa. It could be a big thing far away or a small thing close up (I like the bug idea, Boony).

Cheers,
Badeskov

If it looks like a flying saucer as clear as that then it probably is a flying saucer.

Posted Image


#48    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

View Postscowl, on 02 October 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

Once again only a single photo?

If I ever come across a UFO expect to see at least a dozen of my shots of it posted.

Not again!  Read the testimony on page 1.  They didn't see it when they took the shot grrrrrrrrrrr.

Posted Image


#49    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

    Odd Plant Grower

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere east of San Francisco

  • You can't just choose to believe something.

    Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

View Postzoser, on 02 October 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

I'm not saying that it is that.  As I have said a myriad of times when something looks as vivid as this what could the options actually be?  Also read the testimony; they didn't see it when during photo graph which means that it was travelling very fast.

There are no super sonic balloons. :blush:

Vivid? To me it looks like a Volkswagen minus the wheels with the sun glaring off of the windshield. But that's just pareidolia. So you believe everyone's testimony?

The options are endless actually. :yes:

No super sonic balloons that you know of..... :unsure2:

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#50    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostEuphorbia, on 02 October 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object

So, just how do you conclude that this is an extraterrestrial space vehicle manned by aliens?


I know what UFO means.  I saw a UFO when most people on here were probably still learning their ABCs and saying "goo-goo".

What makes you think that an alien spacecraft must always be "manned" anyway?


#51    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

    Odd Plant Grower

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere east of San Francisco

  • You can't just choose to believe something.

    Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 02 October 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

I know what UFO means.  I saw a UFO when most people on here were probably still learning their ABCs and saying "goo-goo".

What makes you think that an alien spacecraft must always be "manned" anyway?

So what, it's an alien drone?

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#52    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,637 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Could someone explain why a "UFO" isn't an alien craft?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#53    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

    Odd Plant Grower

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere east of San Francisco

  • You can't just choose to believe something.

    Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 02 October 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

Could someone explain why a "UFO" isn't an alien craft?

They aren't unidentified for nothing. Unidentified means we don't know what it is. It could be one of a myriad of things.

That and the fact that there are too many faked pictures as well as faked videos....

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#54    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,637 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Ah, thanks.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#55    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,159 posts
  • Joined:30 Jun 2012

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

View PostEuphorbia, on 02 October 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

So what, it's an alien drone?

Dr. Hynek defined a UFO correctly as "the reported perception of an object or light seen in the sky or upon the land the appearance, trajectory, and general dynamic and luminescent behavior of which do not suggest a logical, conventional explanation and which is not only mystifying to the original percipients but remains unidentified after close scrutiny of all available evidence by persons who are technically capable of making a common sense identification, if one is possible."


That's what I mean by the term as well, but we see on here is completely unqualified persons throwing out various ridiculous "explanations" for the picture, although some of them know full-well how ridiculous they are and don't care.  Such is the kind of "skepticism" that always plagues the UFO field, and it is intentionally dishonest.


http://www.google.co...ot6DCU1BjJSCWpw


#56    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

    Odd Plant Grower

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere east of San Francisco

  • You can't just choose to believe something.

    Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 02 October 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Dr. Hynek defined a UFO correctly as "the reported perception of an object or light seen in the sky or upon the land the appearance, trajectory, and general dynamic and luminescent behavior of which do not suggest a logical, conventional explanation and which is not only mystifying to the original percipients but remains unidentified after close scrutiny of all available evidence by persons who are technically capable of making a common sense identification, if one is possible."


That's what I mean by the term as well, but we see on here is completely unqualified persons throwing out various ridiculous "explanations" for the picture, although some of them know full-well how ridiculous they are and don't care.  Such is the kind of "skepticism" that always plagues the UFO field, and it is intentionally dishonest.


http://www.google.co...ot6DCU1BjJSCWpw

The UFO field is plagued by a lack of evidence.......

Again, I want to believe......

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#57    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Joined:19 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

View Postzoser, on 02 October 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Yes I'm buying into this one.  Nice find!

Posted Image


Valid random picture I'd say
Unidentified Flying Object just needs to be identified ...it does look like what a lot of people see


#58    Unusual

Unusual

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2012

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

It looks like a blue plastic bag reflecting off the sun.


#59    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    “What’s wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

I think because there are so many fakes and hoaxes that we wouldnt really recognize one if it was truly genuine. Im not saying this is a flying saucer but im also not going to say that it is not.  I think to really have these experiances its better to actually have seen one and im not talking about a UFO Im talking about a flying saucer. Because thats the only way some of you guys will believe these things actuallly exist... :tu: :tu:

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#60    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

    Odd Plant Grower

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere east of San Francisco

  • You can't just choose to believe something.

    Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 03 October 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

I think because there are so many fakes and hoaxes that we wouldnt really recognize one if it was truly genuine. Im not saying this is a flying saucer but im also not going to say that it is not.  I think to really have these experiances its better to actually have seen one and im not talking about a UFO Im talking about a flying saucer. Because thats the only way some of you guys will believe these things actuallly exist... :tu: :tu:

How would one determine if it was of alien origin, or if it was a top secret aircraft originating from right here on Earth?

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users