Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Taping of Farm Cruelty Is Becoming the Crime

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,038 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

NY Times said:

On one covert video, farm workers illegally burn the ankles of Tennessee walking horses with chemicals. Another captures workers in Wyoming punching and kicking pigs and flinging piglets into the air. And at one of the country’s largest egg suppliers, a video shows hens caged alongside rotting bird corpses, while workers burn and snap off the beaks of young chicks.

Each video — all shot in the last two years by undercover animal rights activists — drew a swift response: Federal prosecutors in Tennessee charged the horse trainer and other workers, who have pleaded guilty, with violating the Horse Protection Act. Local authorities in Wyoming charged nine farm employees with cruelty to animals. And the egg supplier, which operates in Iowa and other states, lost one of its biggest customers, McDonald’s, which said the video played a part in its decision.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Of course they want to make it ilegal to record this. The people making money from shoving as much animals into a crampt place as possible are friends with the other rich people. They all stick together. Laws and politics are all abotu money.

That photo of the pig behind those bars... That's why i'm vegan.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

For once I have to commend McDonalds on their decision.

I don't know how many times I have heard it said when someone objects to drones, video surveillance, etc "What do you have to worry about if you don't have anything to hide.' So if you don't have anything to hid why do you need the Animal and Ecological Terrorism Act.  Only farmers have the right to privacy.

I'm a meat eater and always will be but I don't believe these animals should be abused like this.  Throwing a baby pig like that isn't called for or cramping animals up in inhuman conditions.

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,038 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

for me it is quite simple: Just because you want to eat it you don't have to torture it first.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,314 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Meanwhile, in Oz (just to prove we are literally on the other side of the planet to America) our animal protection groups are buying unmanned drones to fly over farms to ensure they're obeying the law.

#6    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,220 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

This is more of the 'buying politicians' crap that is becoming a bit of commonality in our politics.  These laws protect the corporations, damn the other consequences.

#7    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 07 April 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

Meanwhile, in Oz (just to prove we are literally on the other side of the planet to America) our animal protection groups are buying unmanned drones to fly over farms to ensure they're obeying the law.

Wow not sure if you are serious or joking hats?If serious shows the massive differences in thinking our countries have.You countrymen flying spy drones over cattle to make sure they are treated fair,our gov flying them over their cattle (citizens) to make sure they are behaving  :lol:  What kind of ***** up world are we living in anymore?  :wacko:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#8    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

The list of homegrown terrorists grows.

Edited by AsteroidX, 08 April 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#9    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,220 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

This is one of the points I was trying to make on the WEALTH DISTRIBUTION thread.  When the rich become richer, they become powerful and are able to tailor laws to their benefit.  But, unfortunately, that thread got derailed onto blaming poor people for being lazy.

#10    Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

America is so fricking backward now its beyond belief.... you guys need to listen to Rage Against the Machines go on the attack and take your powerback.... Seriously...

Edited by Silver Surfer, 08 April 2013 - 03:14 AM.

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,314 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 08 April 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

Wow not sure if you are serious or joking hats?If serious shows the massive differences in thinking our countries have.You countrymen flying spy drones over cattle to make sure they are treated fair,our gov flying them over their cattle (citizens) to make sure they are behaving  :lol:  What kind of ***** up world are we living in anymore?  :wacko:
Very serious.
It's causing the sort of ructions use of drones in the US is, but most farmers are going "yeah, why not. I've nothing to hide and it might keep my livestock safe" (we've feral pigs and crocs that threat livestock from time to time).

#12    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 08 April 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

Very serious.
It's causing the sort of ructions use of drones in the US is, but most farmers are going "yeah, why not. I've nothing to hide and it might keep my livestock safe" (we've feral pigs and crocs that threat livestock from time to time).

I guess if the farmers are ok with it than not much of a big deal,quite different situation than what we have going on here.I guess i can understand the ones views who are against it though,never know when some people will try to overstep their boundaries.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users