Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush creeping up on Reagan

Lt_Ripley

Friday, August 10, 2007

Bush creeping up on Reagan as the 'Vacation President'

Don't get me wrong, all of Congress is on "recess" right now, as is typical in August (wouldn't want to us voters the wrong impression and call it vacation). And of course, the Iraqi Parliament is on "recess" as well. But Ronald Reagan has held the dubious record of the most vacation days as president, at 436 days, and Bush seems on track to dethrone him, with 418 and counting.

On Thursday, Bush left for a weekend in Kennebunkport, Maine, and his family's summer compound, Walker's Point. On Monday, he heads to his Crawford, Texas hideout, for his 65th trip.

And this should be a sore point to American workers, who recently have been labeled 'vacation deprived' due to working to increase productivity as well as keep their jobs in a global economy where outsourcing is around every corner. When compared to our European counterparts, or to our representatives in the government, we are sorely in need of a rest.

http://snafu-ed.blogspot.com/2007/08/bush-...s-vacation.html

the average worker should get just as much vacation time = they work harder.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Umbarger

• artymoon

• Lt_Ripley

• BrucePrime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

George Bush is not a great president he does vacation alot but he is still our leader we have to live with it another couple of years.

Presidents don't really take 'vacations'. They are always on call, always.

Right, and they don't sleep either, they rest :sleepy:

which is why bush waited 3 days and played guitar to respond to Katrina. lol guess his pager was off .

Actually, they probably do have a hard time sleeping. It has got to be a demanding and stressful job... being leader of a country. They deserve these so called 'vacations' as far as I'm concerned.

George Bush is not a great president he does vacation alot but he is still our leader we have to live with it another couple of years.

no. we. don't.

lol

no. we. don't.

Actually, I think we do. Congress won't get tough on him and you see how well protesting works.

Edited by EmpressStarXVII

which is why bush waited 3 days and played guitar to respond to Katrina. lol guess his pager was off .

So i take it you oppose federalism?

:lol:

Or why he sat on his bum looking like an idiot while he was repeatedly told "America is under attack" "America is under attack"

Did Reagan take any vacation due to being shot?

which is why bush waited 3 days and played guitar to respond to Katrina.

lol, I missed this. It sounds like Nero playing his fiddle...

he plays the guitar too?..ya he's a quick responder..had to figure out which bunker to go hide in...

post-28981-1186839383_thumb.jpg

:lol:

Or why he sat on his bum looking like an idiot while he was repeatedly told "America is under attack" "America is under attack"

I'm curious, since you think America deserved it, what would you have done?

Of course, for your ilk, if he had run out of the classroom, you would have accused him of acting rash, or scaring the school-children. Face it, no matter what he did, you would not have seen it to be the right decision.

he plays the guitar too?..ya he's a quick responder..had to figure out which bunker to go hide in...

Of course, you were probably nowhere near NYC or DC on 9/11, so it's very easy for you to be brave.

In the age of internet,fax machines and telephone, why does the President actually have to be in D.C. all the time anyways? Other than making personal appearances and speeches, is there really anything that he simply cannot do from anywhere else? If so, please name a few.

Actually, they probably do have a hard time sleeping. It has got to be a demanding and stressful job... being leader of a country. They deserve these so called 'vacations' as far as I'm concerned.

and p***ing the rest of the world off has got to be pretty tiring..

and p***ing the rest of the world off has got to be pretty tiring..
I was totally unaware that the POTUS job was to please other nations. If it is, then why are we the ones that elect him? If he is supposed to make the rest of the world happy, shouldn't the rest of the world choose him instead of us?

For such an important "war on terror" and "different times" one would think our "decsion maker" would be on call more and not taking so much vacation time. I guess this just goes to show what a sham this occupation is.

one would think our "decsion maker" would be on call more and not taking so much vacation time
I reiterate: Is there anything that he can do in D.C. that he cannot do from Texas, Camp David, my back yard? You do realise that they call Air Force One the "Flying White House" for a reason, don't you? Do you think that in the case of a national emergency he couldn't just get on a phone and make the command decisions?