Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Xanthurion2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Week_Tonight_with_John_Oliver

I've started watching this show on HBO and it seems really good. He talks about current events and news from around the world and sometimes rants about things that are important. Things that most people just ignore. It's also comedic which I enjoy but others may not. It's probably the only way to get people to watch things like this these days. It's a really good show and it's popularity seems to be growing, which is a good thing. Hopefully more people will watch it and see the truth behind things like global warming and product labeling, net neutrality and various other topics.

I've heard the show is a lot like The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. I have never seen that but some are calling it the "new" Daily Show.

• Like 3

I've always loved Jon Stewart, John Oliver was one of his comedic staff on his show for a few years I think. He became very popular when Jon Stewart took a hiatus from his show and put John Oliver in to cover for him. I am pretty sure Jon Stewart has had a hand in producing this new version of current affairs with JO at the helm. I haven't had a chance to watch it in full as yet but I am sure it would be good.

Edited by libstaK

This is leaps and bounds better than Stewart, but there are a lot of reasons for that, namely issues of censorship and what one can get away with on HBO. Plus it's a lot more international as far as content goes (it's not so stuck in the USA which is nice), doesn't have to pander to celebrities with boring interviews for the sake of viewers aaaaand yeah. Much better. It also doesn't air every night, which means the content in the episodes is always great, and not filler which happens sometimes with Stewart.

All and all, amazing show. The only new thing I bother watching now.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

This kind of frightened me. As it turns out we shouldn't just be worried about other countries destroying the USA because we will probably do it ourselves.