Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Drunk teen killed

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#376    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,450 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

Besides that you had people trespassing on your property then getting snake bit or breaking a leg and they wanted to sue you for that too.

#377    hatecraft

hatecraft

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

Bottom line:  You break into my house, you get shot.  The end.

#378    Rye17

Rye17

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• God made me agnostic... who am I to question his wisdom

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

In my opinion the home owner was 100% in the right. If someone were to come through my window at night or front door in the day time, doesn't matter when, I'm defending my kids and wife how ever I need to. I grew up around guns and they are 100% safe if you know how to handle them. People who believe that guns should be banned can go ahead and tell me again how nobody can get their hands on drugs since they are illegal as well. Banning guns would take them away from law abiding citizens to protect themselves and families from the not so law abiding citizens who will get them by other means.

#379    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,450 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

The gangs will always have them.  Most criminals don't get them by legal means anyway.

#380    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostHilander, on 20 March 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

In the state of Missouri they have passed a law that if you get hurt while trespassing tough luck.  You were breaking the law so you can't sue.  This law passed a few years ago and stood up in court already.

This is how it should be in every state, it's common sense.  Home invaders/criminals should not be able to sue their victims as happens now and then.  That's just stupid.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#381    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

This individual wasn't properly trained how to handle a gun and how to handle a situation like this. As for me, I would pull out the gun and pull it on the intruder. The gun alone would make them stop, then I would asses the situation to see if they got a gun or are they harmless individuals. If the intruder tries to reach for something, I would stop them and have an family member or friend retrieve it from them.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 21 March 2013 - 08:58 PM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#382    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,024 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostUncle Sam, on 21 March 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

This individual wasn't properly trained how to handle a gun and how to handle a situation like this. As for me, I would pull out the gun and pull it on the intruder. The gun alone would make them stop, then I would asses the situation to see if they got a gun or are they harmless individuals. If the intruder tries to reach for something, I would stop them and have an family member or friend retrieve it from them.

The gun didn't make him stop, even after the homeowner warned him and fired a warning shot.

You haven't read all of the articles have you?

#383    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,450 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

Some people are psychotic and aren't going to stop just because you point a gun at them.  If you aren't prepared to pull the trigger they might take it away from you and kill you with your own gun.

#384    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,553 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

View PostMichelle, on 21 March 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

You haven't read all of the articles have you?

That seems to be common practice latley.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#385    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

For all who still want to try and judge the man   http://www.foxnews.c...intcmp=trending

Looks like he knew how to aim the weapon, little do people know (probably from watching too many movies) being shot in the shoulder can be fatal, as evidenced in this instance. There is no 'safe' place to shoot someone, and to be honest, he let the kid get a lot further than he should have.

#386    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,490 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

The kid was drunk, I doubt he knew what was going on. The fact that the houses may have been built the same, does not mean the furniture is the same, the kid did not notice any of this...because he was drunk.
Can`t see how the owner did not notice that the kid was drunk....maybe one little shove would have stopped him, after all the owner was standing on the top of the stairs.
But who really knows what really took  place there, apart from the sober person?

Edited by freetoroam, 22 March 2013 - 07:40 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#387    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 22 March 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

The kid was drunk, I doubt he knew what was going on. The fact that the houses may have been built the same, does not mean the furniture is the same, the kid did not notice any of this...because he was drunk.
Can`t see how the owner did not notice that the kid was drunk....maybe one little shove would have stopped him, after all the owner was standing on the top of the stairs.
But who really knows what really took  place there, apart from the sober person?

I'm sure he did know he was drunk by that point.. In my opinion, that makes a person that much more unpredictable and potentially more dangerous. I'm sure that particular opinion is also common among law enforcement.

Besides, with all the complaining about "He didn't need to shoot to kill him", the guy put a round in his shoulder, not center mass. Unfortunately for the adolescent, he didn't survive.

#388    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,355 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

If a warning shot doesn't stop them, then a bullet injury will. A well place injury in the leg will drop them to the ground. There is numerous ways to disabling someone without killing with a gun. Yes they will probably have a bullet wound and injury afterwards, but I won't have to kill someone. Pain is a good motivator in stopping someone.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#389    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

A shot to the leg can easily kill, too.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#390    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,575 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 22 March 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

For all who still want to try and judge the man   http://www.foxnews.c...intcmp=trending

Looks like he knew how to aim the weapon, little do people know (probably from watching too many movies) being shot in the shoulder can be fatal, as evidenced in this instance. There is no 'safe' place to shoot someone, and to be honest, he let the kid get a lot further than he should have.

Gee what do ya know a shot to the shoulder.....I know most of you anti gun people probably do not know this but that usually is not a kill shot!Guess the whole he shot to try and kill him he could have shot him in the leg or elsewhere just to maim him theory just got thrown out the damn window!Now i see the argument switches to he could have gave him a little shove  :o ...Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds  :lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users