Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Godzilla Gets Release Date

may 16 2014

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#16    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:20 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 17 September 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

I wonder if Godzuki will have cameo role in this one...

Just the idea of another American made Godzilla movie makes me cringe, and this quote just makes me want to give up on all Godzilla material.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#17    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 17 September 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

I wonder if Godzuki will have cameo role in this one...

Minilla ....he's cute comic relief,so I doubt it . He was in Final Wars .I love him .
My faves are Final Wars,Destroy All Monsters,Godzilla vs Hedorah (smog monster).

I love Gamera too .
Varan .Then that one with the giant stone god that comes to life. Daimajin .There were three of them,but they have religious overtones.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 17 September 2012 - 05:14 AM.

Miss me?

#18    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

View PostHasina, on 17 September 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

Just the idea of another American made Godzilla movie makes me cringe, and this quote just makes me want to give up on all Godzilla material.

I am too apprehensive about another American remake of Godzilla.

I am strictly a Showa series fan (1954-1975)

In both the Heisei series (1984-1998) and the Millenium series (1999-2004), despite upgraded baddies that appear to be 10Xs worse the films made over the course of these 20 years left me very cold as they lack the charm and fun of the Showa series. The only film I like between the Heisei and Millenium series is ironically the last film made over the course these dismal 20 years, The Final Wars (2004).

And I know why? Its because writer director Ishiro Honda stopped making Godzilla films with the end of the Showa series.

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 17 September 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

Minilla ....he's cute comic relief,so I doubt it . He was in Final Wars .I love him .
My faves are Final Wars,Destroy All Monsters,Godzilla vs Hedorah (smog monster).

I love Gamera too .
Varan .Then that one with the giant stone god that comes to life. Daimajin .There were three of them,but they have religious overtones.

My favorite Godzilla films are Destroy All Monster and Godzilla vs Hedorah (it is one of the more darker Showa era films and who can forget that psychodelic disco nightclub scene?!)

Do you remember The Magic Serpent?

It was set in the past with ninjas and samurais and wizards and whatnot. It had the firebreathing giant toad (with a wizard riding it) vs the waterbreathing giant serpent climatical battle IIRC. My memory is abit foggy but it was a movie they used to show The Magic Serpent frequently on my local channel's Saturday afternoon Godzilla matinees. I havent seen it in decades.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#19    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

I've never seen the magic serpent . I will have to check it out :)

Miss me?

#20    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 17 September 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

I've never seen the magic serpent . I will have to check it out :)

One of my dearest memories of these movies is as a child of my mom calling outside "Godzilla is on..." and me rushing inside to sit rapt for 2-4 hours in front of the telly watching the Saturday afternoon Japanese monster matinee. LOL!

Here are two clips from the film. Great fun... and oh "OROCHIMARU!" *coughmoviereferencecough*

Edited by Ambush Bug, 17 September 2012 - 07:21 PM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#21    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 15 September 2012 - 06:37 AM, said:

http://news.yahoo.co...-162940904.html

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO !
I'm going to go get in line for the premiere,now ...s'excuse me ....

A press release issued by Warner Bros. and Legendary said that the project, which falls under Legendary's overall agreement with Warner Bros., "will return the character to its epic roots with a gritty, realistic actioner."

Read that quote. "Godzilla" is, in the eye's of Hollywood, "Gritty" and "Realistic".

Go ahead.... Try to peak into the dark recesses of the brain that hang those words onto the character of a giant dinosaur like monster.

#22    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Not to sound morbid or anything, but at least Godzilla will have a more realistic back story now if they go the radiation route.

#23    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,271 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 17 September 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Not to sound morbid or anything, but at least Godzilla will have a more realistic back story now if they go the radiation route.

But he would still be a bubba! Unless its set in the future??

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#24    Mallaliak

Mallaliak

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'm unsure if I find this great, or awful news. I remember when I was younger and the American movie was released, and I loved it. When I got older I started to watch the older ones, and now I'm doing my best to get a copy of each japanese godzilla movie. They are just superior in my opinion.

Will this new one give us the godzilla created from a rubber suit with atomic breath, or a overgrown iguana who doesn't fight monsters?

"Actually I would consider predator detection a major driving factor, being eaten has major disadvantages to spreading your genes." - Mattshark

#25    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

Destroy all monsters [1968] this is one of my all time favorites.  :st

#26    Wookietim

Wookietim

Alien Abducter

• 4,907 posts

• Search on the Android App Store for "Mothras Unexplained Mysteries" for the app I am very proud of...

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostMallaliak, on 18 September 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

I'm unsure if I find this great, or awful news. I remember when I was younger and the American movie was released, and I loved it. When I got older I started to watch the older ones, and now I'm doing my best to get a copy of each japanese godzilla movie. They are just superior in my opinion.

Will this new one give us the godzilla created from a rubber suit with atomic breath, or a overgrown iguana who doesn't fight monsters?

Actually, I quite liked the look of the monster in the US version. For that matter, it would have been a rather enjoyable monster movie... if it hadn't been called "Godzilla"... Call it "The giant monster that ate New York" or something.

Taken on it's own merits that movie was fun... Taken as a reboot of Godzilla, it failed in so many ways...

Sort of the way I feel about that "Dawn of the Dead" "Remake" - taken on it's own, it was great. Taken in light of what came before... well, not so much.

#27    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Awesome bring it on.  :clap:

#28    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:59 AM

View PostSpid3rCyd3, on 17 September 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Sad,but true .Fukushima is the perfect spring board . A few Japanese directors have touched on it ,in New movies ,so...its not "too soon".

Miss me?

#29    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

I thought the 1998 version had some good points, but it completely fell apart when they went all Jurassic Park raptor/baby Godzilla fight at the end.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#30    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

http://www.geeksofdo...ent=Yahoo! Mail

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users