Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Face in Photo

ghost photo

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

I can see the "face" in the highlighted area but agree with the other posters, it's just our brains interpretting the pattern into something meaningful. Still, if unusual things are happening then keep snapping pics ;)

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#32    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

You're grasping here. There's ,nothing ...sorry Steve. You need to give it a rest for a bit I think

Miss me?

#33    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostMurk, on 02 April 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

I can see the "face" in the highlighted area but agree with the other posters, it's just our brains interpretting the pattern into something meaningful. Still, if unusual things are happening then keep snapping pics ;)

i do. But i have never caught anything like that before, or since(Besides the occasional orb picture). I find it strange that i find both of my pillows on the ground and since my camera was right next to me, i decided to take a picture and a face appears. Also a couple nights ago the family was getting ready to leave somewhere and in my room(the room the picture is in) we could see a bright blue light when all of the lights were off. At first we thought it was my Laptop Computer Light on standby phase but i said no because i shut my lid before i walked out of my room.

#34    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• 1,577 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

Everyone should know this rule regarding ghost photos: If you cannot spot the "face" within a 1-second glance through the photo, and the "face" only appears after closer inspection, then it Pareidolia.

Posted Image

#35    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on 02 April 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

i do. But i have never caught anything like that before, or since(Besides the occasional orb picture). I find it strange that i find both of my pillows on the ground and since my camera was right next to me, i decided to take a picture and a face appears. Also a couple nights ago the family was getting ready to leave somewhere and in my room(the room the picture is in) we could see a bright blue light when all of the lights were off. At first we thought it was my Laptop Computer Light on standby phase but i said no because i shut my lid before i walked out of my room.

I believe you. I just don't see a face, that's all. Maybe there is some type of photo program that would allow you to be able to see the face more clearly?? I know on several photo programs they can help you sharpen and zoom into an image to see it clearly.

#36    MariaMe

MariaMe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

I could agree that there is a face on the pillow but not to the lamp. Maybe your imagination is pretty developed.

#37    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostMariaMe, on 06 April 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

I could agree that there is a face on the pillow but not to the lamp. Maybe your imagination is pretty developed.

Indeed, I think its just our minds interpretting patterns, and some minds see more "meaning" in patterns than others.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#38    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,765 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

View PostMariaMe, on 06 April 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

View PostMurk, on 06 April 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Indeed, I think its just our minds interpretting patterns, and some minds see more "meaning" in patterns than others.
Welcome guys, nice to have a couple more seemingly level-headed individuals to join the ranks!

Posted Image

#39    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• 1,194 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guys has anyone ever seen a Green Orb before? This is the first time that i have captured a Green Orb in a Photo instead of the normal white ones. I toke this picture because the dogs were growling at something in the area where the orb is and when i plugged it in the computer this thing showed up. I didn't capture any other Orb photos in any of the other 6 pictures after this.

Edited by stevemagegod, 12 April 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#40    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

That's a dust spec illuminated by the flash of your camera, nothing more.

Oh, and there is no face on the head board, you're trying too hard to see things that aren't there.

#41    Mekelyn

Mekelyn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

Hey Steve, I believe tha tyou believe there are strange things going on in your house lately.  The face you see in the picture is not coming up for me. That really only means that I can tsee it.  If you still feel that there is something paranormal going on in your house, then start investigating it, but remember that just because you think it is paranormal does not mean that it is.  A lot of times there is perfectly logical and reasonable explanation for things we dont understand.
Oh I almost forgot about the orb. :no:
Its dust.

#42    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Have to agree with Keninsc and Mekelyn, it looks like dust to me. Keep trying! :)

#43    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

There is nothing paranormal about so-called "orbs". Orbs are not ghosts. They are perfectly normal photographic artifacts, as the examples below will show.

http://en.wikipedia....#Example_images

Some probable causes of photographic artifacts are listed below. There are probably other possibilities, none of them paranormal.
  • Dust on the lens.
  • Dirt in the camera.
  • Internal reflections in the lens structure, also known as "lens flare".
  • Deliberate multiple exposures.
  • Objects very close to lens.
  • Poor quality digital cameras.
  • Poor quality optics.
  • Deliberate digital editing of photographs.
  • Flash reflections from shiny objects in the room.
  • Contamination during processing of conventional film.
  • Contamination during printing of conventional prints.
  • Scanner anomalies.
  • Dust on the scanner glass.
  • Bad or outdated film.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#44    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• 2,157 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

It is essential for a baby to know its mother, and for an adult to know its friends and enemies. The human brain has a huge area dedicated to recognizing faces that are actually almost identical. It is a product of our evolution that we can look pretty much anywhere and find a face or part of a face.

#45    tendo

tendo

Psychic Spy

• 1,503 posts

• Madness is the emergency exit.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

I didn't see any kind of face. I wouldn't be so much worried about a face, though...something moved your stuff. The only explanation I can think of is that on your way out you moved the comforter which threw the pillows off of your bed. Other than that, if it is an isolated incident, I'd say nothing to worry about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users