Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The New Age has begun!

Clarakore

So, I am looking for positive proof that the New Age has indeed begun. Maybe you have been witness to events recently but did not recognize them for being out of the ordinary. A group spontaneously forming to help someone then dissipating just as fast. Anything to do with the collective working in harmony or to help others. Of society getting better, old problems getting fixed, etc,...

Any experiences you have had since the solstice that fit this or anything else you can think of as positive proof the New Age has begun, please add it. I want to believe.

• Like 1

I for one, have felt brilliant since the 1st of this month.

I don't quite think a new age has begun though... I do think my antidepressants have begun to work though, which is a similar effect.

• Like 7

A group spontaneously forming to help someone then dissipating just as fast.
Is that a predicted feature of a "new age"? If so, who made that prediction and what was their justification for it?

Has it never happened before that a group has spontaneously formed to help someone and dissipated just as fast and is a unique feature of a "new age"?

This is a big problem with this kind of new age woo. The predictions can so vague and wishy-washy that just about anything gets touted as evidence, like in the other thread where the Sandy Hook massacre is being pimped as the start of a "spiritual awakening".

I want to believe
If you "want to believe" something enough, you'll start cherry picking evidence and massaging it and reinterpreting things until you get what you want.
  • Like 2

What makes you think that a new age will be ushered in overnight? In the blink of an eye? Sometimes monumental events aren't recognised for what they are until they're over and done with.

• Like 4

The only thing I believe is it will be the same ole same ole except we are going to get two comets this year.

• Like 1

Yes the New Age as Begun and we are all DOOMED and SCREWED higher taxes more government waste. No new jobs more on welfare.

So, I am looking for positive proof that the New Age has indeed begun. Maybe you have been witness to events recently but did not recognize them for being out of the ordinary. A group spontaneously forming to help someone then dissipating just as fast. Anything to do with the collective working in harmony or to help others. Of society getting better, old problems getting fixed, etc,...

Any experiences you have had since the solstice that fit this or anything else you can think of as positive proof the New Age has begun, please add it. I want to believe.

Good luck. As far as I can tell, this world just keeps going to hell.

Start local. Think global.

• Like 4

Is that a predicted feature of a "new age"? If so, who made that prediction and what was their justification for it?

Has it never happened before that a group has spontaneously formed to help someone and dissipated just as fast and is a unique feature of a "new age"?

This is a big problem with this kind of new age woo. The predictions can so vague and wishy-washy that just about anything gets touted as evidence, like in the other thread where the Sandy Hook massacre is being pimped as the start of a "spiritual awakening".

If you "want to believe" something enough, you'll start cherry picking evidence and massaging it and reinterpreting things until you get what you want.

Yes, cherry picking. I am specifically asking for that as an antidote to your pessimism

Cherry pick the positive and present it here.

• Like 2

Internally, I noticed that I feel more at peace. I feel as if I am no longer living in the past and living more in the "now" and perhaps a bit more compassionate. The journey to Enlightenment is inward as they say :yes: . But I am still in my early 20's so maybe that is a part of growing up. Externally, everything still seems the same. And the news makes things seem even worse.

• Like 2

Yes, cherry picking. I am specifically asking for that as an antidote to your pessimism

Cherry pick the positive and present it here.

What pessimism?

Why would cherry picking the positive in 2013 make any more sense than waiting until 2031 or doing it back in 1994 and use that as evidence that some "new age" began then or will begin in the future?

Define "a new age"? I mean are we suddenly, all by itself, become better people? More compassionate, nice, friendly, enlightened, etc?

That's just a big pile of bovine excrements. Change needs to come from us, we cannot do it via "a new age" or via someone else or via a sect or via intervention of the holy spirit....

• Like 1

Define "a new age"? I mean are we suddenly, all by itself, become better people? More compassionate, nice, friendly, enlightened, etc?

That's just a big pile of bovine excrements. Change needs to come from us, we cannot do it via "a new age" or via someone else or via a sect or via intervention of the holy spirit....

The New Age, in this context, the one that just begun, will have different definitions to both believers and skeptics. I am primarily concerned with interacting with believers but am willing to listen to skeptics just don't find much to debate about.

For me the New Age is about progress, continuing progress, so it is not people getting better out of no where as your described, a sweet naive view in my opinion. Progressive politics give many hope because we can see that change does happen, has been happening, but the speed will increase now because of the New Age.

Life is getting better for many in all sectors. The BRIC nations, Brazil for example, once was a borrower, now they are a lender with a growing middle class. The Mahgreb just went through the Arab Spring and dictators have fallen. India is going to make progress in worker safety due to the factory fires and on women's rights because of the rapes. America is going to address mental health among its pursuit of continual progress.

Progress is about speed and not direction.

It is also about becoming a Type 1 civilization for me. http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul/22/opinion/oe-shermer22

There are other scales and it is quite easy to see where we have been, how we have grown, and very exciting to understand we will keep growing, thriving, and living better with ourselves, each other, and all species.

I also like this:

We believe there is more. More than the outdated, old story about Us vs. Them, and the need to compete for supposedly scarce resources.

http://celebrationcircle.org/about-us.html

It is also about embracing postmodernism.

Many ideas for me alone that will lead us into the New Age. If you have any of your own I will be interested in discussing. If you have any more questions I might answer. If you want to debate, that might not happen, but you will find plenty of others who believe just as you do, I just can't agree with that, I see nothing wrong with embracing what is positive, there is just far too much cynicism.

Now I truly believe good and bad come together, we cannot do away with one, but at times the scales get tipped one way or another, we have seen how they have been tipped, now they will tip the other way in the New Age. You don't have to agree, it works with or without your help, but it will help make for better societies and civilization. Cheers.

So... This New Age is just whatever ya want it to be? Some progress but not really?

You can define it as you wish as others will. For me it is more than progress, but progress too, really. But it is not just what I want it to be, as others also have their ideas about it, thing is all these motives intersect.

What it isn't about is self-help, you won't be cured if you have any ills, that is something you will have to do. Society will progress, soda is next!!!

You can define it as you wish as others will. For me it is more than progress, but progress too, really. But it is not just what I want it to be, as others also have their ideas about it, thing is all these motives intersect.

What it isn't about is self-help, you won't be cured if you have any ills, that is something you will have to do. Society will progress, soda is next!!!

So it's basically a human created New Age. It didn't 'happen', we'll make it happen.

And bummer about the ills, hopefully when 'society progresses' they'll work on illnesses sooner or later.

• Like 1

So it's basically a human created New Age. It didn't 'happen', we'll make it happen.

And bummer about the ills, hopefully when 'society progresses' they'll work on illnesses sooner or later.

Everything is human created. Nothing happens unless we make it happen. Not sure what you were expecting...the New Age is here because we have worked towards it for a very long time, thousands if not more years. Improving the human condition has happened generation after generation, a setback here and there, but generally from the moment we crawled out the ocean, then into trees, then down from them, we have consistently made things better.

I detect massive doses of cynicism in Sector Hasina!!!!

Illness, well if it is a personal illness like alcoholism, only the person suffering can make the choice for themselves.

Now alcoholism as a social disease, well this is a recent phenomena, it was not until gin was industrialized in London that alcoholism began as a social disease. It is not something we have to live with, it is a product of Industralization, and much of what we are doing is learnign how to compensate for we were not evolved to live in an industrial, now a post-industrial, society. Society can social engineer, instead of leaving it to corporations alone, ourselves. We can do it with alcholism so the social factors that contribute to it are reduced. It would create less alcholics in the long run but for those already hooked, they have to choose it, we cannot do nothing about that.

So, yes, it is human created, with or without your participation, we are building it. Society does go on even if we choose to drop out, we all drop out at times, we are all invited back whenever, no one is expected to do anything, we want to do this.

I don't see any bummers, society "will" progress, it has been, and the illnesses will be worked on if they are of a social nature and most do have social components, and the rest which are personal, or the parts of disease that can be individually managed, those will be worked on when the individual his or herself decide to work on it.

I really don't understand your complaint, it seems as if you, who I presume places great value on the individual, who deemphasizes the collective, it seems as if you are now going to criticize the collective for not doing something you or me alone should do, seek help for our own personal ills, then when it comes time for the collective to actually take action within its own domain, such as regulate alcohol, you are against that too. Now I could be wrong in my assumptions, I can happily agree to that if I am, but if I am not wrong it seems you are just being oppositional in both instances. Being against things over and over is so easy, being for things is more challenging. I won't blame you for taking the easy way out but cynicism is not going to push progress or humanity to the next level.

We are already here, the New Age has begun. But even when Industrialization started, many still chose to live on farms, but the world changed with or without them, and eventually they all moved to the city too. I expect to see you, eventually. Until then happy farming!

I also forgot to add one more really important thing to me, if not the most important, the New Age to me is also seeing my city and neighborhood go from OK, to bad, and now get better again. The world is getting better starting right here. People are doing this, it isn't happening on it's own, we have a really good city council now as well. In making my world better, I see it happening, all the time.

Everything is human created? Ya know, except everything that's not.

Sorry to say IBY, it just sounds like a lot of vague nonsense that sounds nice but doesn't have any substance.

And by 'ills' I mean genetic disorders and diseases. Things you catch or have written into the very fabric of your DNA, like MS or Huntington's.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 1

Everything is human created? Ya know, except everything that's not.

Sorry to say IBY, it just sounds like a lot of vague nonsense that sounds nice but doesn't have any substance.

And by 'ills' I mean genetic disorders and diseases. Things you catch or have written into the very fabric of your DNA, like MS or Huntington's.

Your narrative is shared by many but I don't see it as being competitive or opposing to the New Age, it is not like Windows 95 was competing or against Windows 98, just an upgrade.

It is vague which is why I am asking for proof, in that you are right, but it makes perfect sense to me, more egalitarian societies are being crafted, I find that desirable.

Others will naturally oppose, that is expected, but it does not require their acceptance to validate the concept of the New Age.

Sorry, I don't understand how the collective is related to genetic ills. Those will be defeated through scientific progress, in time, that I've no doubt.

For me the New Age is about progress, continuing progress, so it is not people getting better out of no where as your described, a sweet naive view in my opinion. Progressive politics give many hope because we can see that change does happen, has been happening, but the speed will increase now because of the New Age.

It doesn't take a "New Age" to progress, the human race has been progressing, politically, culturally and technologically for thousands of years, without the need for a "New Age". You only need to look at the various revolutions of the last few hundred years, the end of South Africa's apartied, women getting the vote, etc, etc, all forms of "progress" that took generations to bring about.

Life is getting better for many in all sectors. The BRIC nations, Brazil for example, once was a borrower, now they are a lender with a growing middle class. The Mahgreb just went through the Arab Spring and dictators have fallen. India is going to make progress in worker safety due to the factory fires and on women's rights because of the rapes. America is going to address mental health among its pursuit of continual progress.

This all depends on what you view as "better", what may be good for one person isn't neccesarily so for another. The greater number of people with wealth generally means a greater number of people in poverty, so therefore life would only be getting "better" for those with the means.