Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Which church is right for you.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:57 PM

To all the church goers.

Whatever Belief it doesn't matter.....What made you choose your church?

I picked mine because I was raised Penecostal. I have always known this. But I have attended baptist, Church of God, and others.

But I like mine the best. Preferably because I noticed I wasn't allowed to clap my hands in Baptist chiyrch. And church of God was similiar to Penecostal. But I just liked my churches views better.

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#2    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:10 PM

I haven't been to church in years.  hmm.gif

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#3    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(Amalgamut @ May 16 2005, 05:10 PM)
I haven't been to church in years.  hmm.gif

View Post

Oh I am sorry but I feel as if a person can continue living for God and not go to church it is okay. Personally church helps me. Because if I need a person to pray with or talk to they are there. Hey maybe you can watch church via TV.  grin2.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#4    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(101 @ May 16 2005, 11:18 AM)
QUOTE(Amalgamut @ May 16 2005, 05:10 PM)
I haven't been to church in years. hmm.gif

View Post

Oh I am sorry but I feel as if a person can continue living for God and not go to church it is okay. Personally church helps me. Because if I need a person to pray with or talk to they are there. Hey maybe you can watch church via TV.  grin2.gif

View Post

You are right, but church does help. However, there are certain things I feel in certain churches.

Some churches I have been to , I can feel a "fakeness" like the people who organize the church are only after money, and not really who they say they are.

However, in some churches I can feel 100% certainty that the people of the church aren't worried about money, but about preaching the word of God.

I watch church on TV sometimes. But out of all the TV evangelists, I like John Hagee the best. I feel that he is a true man of God.

#5    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,956 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:32 PM

Roman Catholic.

Baptised into this faith; my entire family are devout catholics.

In the past I've attended other churches (as a guest), but I will also remain a Catholic - It works for me.  innocent.gif

#6    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:35 PM

Amalgumat, My church in fact is not about all the money. The money we do get in tithes and offerings we spend accordally. We have about 5-10,000 dollars in savings in case something happens. But most of our money goes to Outreach and missions. We think it is what should be used of the money God has blessed us with to spread his message.

I like John Hagee myself. But I like Perry Stone he is the man.

Posted Image

#7    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(101 @ May 16 2005, 11:35 AM)
Amalgumat, My church in fact is not about all the money. The money we do get in tithes and offerings we spend accordally. We have about 5-10,000 dollars in savings in case something happens. But most of our money goes to Outreach and missions. We think it is what should be used of the money God has blessed us with to spread his message.

I like John Hagee myself. But I like Perry Stone he is the man.

View Post

Thats good. Thats how a church should be. thumbsup.gif

#8    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:33 AM

Raised in a Catholic and Prodestant household by a crystal hugging semi buddhist who seemed to follow a lot of pagan principles looking back on it.
I have no idea how I came to the conclusions I did.
I have been to church with the Catholics with the Anglicans with the Christians and even with the Mormons they where all pretty much the same, quite pleasant, but I prefer being outdoors.

#9    Something Like Laughter

Something Like Laughter

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• You want religious fundamentalism? I'll show you religious fundamentalism!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:44 AM

But I like mine the best. Preferably because I noticed I wasn't allowed to clap my hands in Baptist chiyrch. And church of God was similiar to Penecostal. But I just liked my churches views better.

just curious, do you know what kind of baptist church was it? there are several varieties.
i go to a southern baptist church (you can clap your hands if you want, but i am usually in the eariler services and no one is just that enthusiastic that early), my family has been going to it for a very long time.

Did you become what you are so that you could hate?
Death to the World!
Orthodox Christian
Minarchist

#10    Fable

Fable

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• The bridge is crossed, so stand and watch it burn!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:25 AM

Both of my parents are strict baptists, and when I was young I attended with them. As the years went by, due to certain events.. I began to drift away from church as a whole. I don't feel comfortable in church and in a big way, I feel it being vice versa. Perhaps it is largely due to the fact that I don't really believe in an organized religion, but more so just through what the Bible has to say. Plus, I have a strong feeling that I'm not one who can be forgiven so easily.. I cannot forgive myself, so it's a damaged feeling and I'm just not appropriate material for church. Most people from here on would say that He forgives anyone, but one has to forgive themselves right?

Now that may not make much sense, but it's what I chose. I applaud those who have made a decision and stay with their church. You certainly have my sincere respect.

Posted Image

#11    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:07 PM

Something Like Laughter, It wasn't a southern baptist. But I remember I was about 10 and this girl sang a beautiful song and me and my brother clapped for her and everybody stared at us. I was so embarressed. It was okay the pastor told us that everything was alright and that he thought she did a good job also. I just guess I got so embarressed I have been afraid to step foot into another Baptist Church.

Posted Image

#12    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(Fable @ May 17 2005, 06:25 AM)
Both of my parents are strict baptists, and when I was young I attended with them. As the years went by, due to certain events.. I began to drift away from church as a whole. I don't feel comfortable in church and in a big way, I feel it being vice versa. Perhaps it is largely due to the fact that I don't really believe in an organized religion, but more so just through what the Bible has to say. Plus, I have a strong feeling that I'm not one who can be forgiven so easily.. I cannot forgive myself, so it's a damaged feeling and I'm just not appropriate material for church. Most people from here on would say that He forgives anyone, but one has to forgive themselves right?

Now that may not make much sense, but it's what I chose. I applaud those who have made a decision and stay with their church. You certainly have my sincere respect.

View Post

I know what you mean. It is the hardest thing to forgive yourself. I even have trouble with that. And once my Aunt and Uncle went to a Methodist Church right and was going to meet the Senator. Well they weren't allowed because she had a nose ring and his hair was long. I felt so bad... no.gif But just because the people of a church may feel you aren't appropiate doesn't mean all churches are that way. We have many different kinds of people at my church...people with tattoos, piercings,long hair, young, old, and all races. We even have homeless people picked up so they can attend. It is just a place you will have to be in search for. Good Luck.  original.gif

Posted Image

#13    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(Kismit @ May 17 2005, 02:33 AM)
Raised in a Catholic and Prodestant household by a crystal hugging semi buddhist who seemed to follow a lot of pagan principles looking back on it.
I have no idea how I came to the conclusions I did.
I have been to church with the Catholics with the Anglicans with the Christians and even with the Mormons they where all pretty much the same, quite pleasant, but I prefer being outdoors.

View Post

Very interesting, I have a lot of friends who prefer the world or outdoors as their church. Hey whatever works. I think it is great if you can mediditate/pray while being in a relaxed state of mind. I do most of my praying while I am on my front porch at night.  grin2.gif

Posted Image

#14    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(nativechick1989 @ May 16 2005, 05:32 PM)
Roman Catholic.

Baptised into this faith; my entire family are devout catholics.

In the past I've attended other churches (as a guest), but I will also remain a Catholic - It works for me.  innocent.gif

View Post

This is great.  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

#15    Q-La

Q-La

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

• much to learn for a small cranium

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:18 PM

Attended catholic high school, baptized catholic, nobody in family has any religious belief.  A lot of my choice rest in the belief that Peter was chosen as the rock of the church.  Although there are many churches that stem from the first one and that the catholic church has done many wrongs in its history, I might just as well stick to it as all churches are prompt to human error in many ways anyway, so might as well chose the one with the direct root to the apostles.  Also I am a reflective person, so attending mass mean more to me than the more bonding oriented manners of other churches, at least as I perceived.

Qrious at a healthy and happy level.
Examine and study the body
Analyse the mind
But the heart escapes scholarly devices

Verbal violence is the defense of those who think they know enough
You are what you choose yourself to be and you will find out who you are with what you do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users