Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#4546    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

I recommend people read the whole case before making a judgement:

he starts taking pictures, but he suddenly notices something strange slowly moving over the fields. The object is big, about two metres in diameter, and it reminds two bowls welded together at the edges! It is metallic – sunlight is reflected from its surface. No engine can be heard, there is no fumes or smoke, but… a very strong wind starts blowing in gusts! It is also of importance, as there was no wind so strong on that day. Zbyszek starts making pictures of the unidentified object. At one point the UFO starts a swift ascent and instantly flies away.

If someone threw a bowl, how long would it stay up in the air?  Seconds maybe?  It was up in the air for 8 mins.  How come the tilt is consistent?

Please can people read the whole case and refrain from making cynical crass judgements?  Just for once?

Posted Image

#4547    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 29 November 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

Looks like a couple of these fastened together.

I agree, and based on the images it appears to me as though it is hanging from the branch above.  They've given us two photos from different perspectives and distances, and the size of the 'object' seems to adjust accordingly between the two photos if it is about the size of two bowls fastened together just as you have stated.

#4548    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,052 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

So is the fact that they said "they thought it was some kids having a Prank by throwing a metal bowl" merely a cunning Ploy or Ruse to distract attention from the fact that that's in fact what it actually was? :unsure2:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#4549    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

View Post747400, on 29 November 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

So is the fact that they said "they thought it was some kids having a Prank by throwing a metal bowl" merely a cunning Ploy or Ruse to distract attention from the fact that that's in fact what it actually was? :unsure2:

Nowhere does it say in the testimony that he saw anyone throw anything.  That was his gut feeling and it would probably have been mine.  Take a look at the observer on the youtube clip.  He and his partner are ordinary folk.

What would you expect him to think?  What about his testimony?  It cannot be disregarded.

If you feel that he said he actually saw kids throw something then please show me.

they slow down, but suddenly, less than a hundred yards away, they see… something big, metallic and shiny flying across the road! Matthew, who is driving the car, is convinced that some kids are making fun of drivers by… throwing a huge bowl. A moment later the car’s engine stops. There is, however, another detail that must not escape our attention. Another car is running behind with Russian registration plates, a passenger minibus. And its engine stops at exactly the same moment! Both drivers step out of their cars, open the hood and try to start their engines. Zbyszek, the passenger, also steps out of the car.

I'm sorry but the main witness has not said that.

Edited by zoser, 29 November 2012 - 05:53 PM.

Posted Image

#4550    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 November 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

What about his testimony?  It cannot be disregarded.

You are far too trusting zoser.

#4551    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,730 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

View Post747400, on 29 November 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

It's a psychological ploy to cause the listener to also disregard it being a bowl(s). There is a name for it but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#4552    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 29 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

It's a psychological ploy to cause the listener to also disregard it being a bowl(s). There is a name for it but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Kind of like saying "It's not bugs" while presenting video of blurry insects flying close to the camera.

#4553    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,052 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 29 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Darn devious, these Poles.

:unsure2:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#4554    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

(FN): Did you really think somebody was throwing a bowl?
(MZ) When I saw it, I says ‘did they throw something at me or what.’ Is there anybody really disturbing drivers? Some guy will not be careful and will hit another… but there was nobody there. No living soul. Only the gusts of wind blowing. It didn’t blow initially. At least I couldn’t feel it in the car. I got out of the car. And the other guy is still tipsy after the wedding so he keeps laughing at me..

Those are the references to the bowl idea.  I think people are imagining things instead of reading the whole case.

It's not the first time.

View PostbooNyzarC, on 29 November 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

Just look at the case in more detail; that's all I ask.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong,

(FN): OK, but what did you think about this object when you saw it?
(MZ): When I was looking I thought that some punks must have thrown some bowl at me from a ditch, over the car, it flew sort of in front of the car. I says ‘damn it, they don’t have better things to do…’ I jumped out and I says ‘I’m gonna kick your asses’ but there is no-one around… And the Russian stopped behind me… Other cars didn’t stop. So I look what is wrong with the car but everything is fine. And the car started by itself. I have no idea what it was…

Posted Image

#4555    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,730 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 November 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

(FN): Did you really think somebody was throwing a bowl?
(MZ) When I saw it, I says ‘did they throw something at me or what.’ Is there anybody really disturbing drivers? Some guy will not be careful and will hit another… but there was nobody there. No living soul. Only the gusts of wind blowing. It didn’t blow initially. At least I couldn’t feel it in the car. I got out of the car. And the other guy is still tipsy after the wedding so he keeps laughing at me..

Those are the references to the bowl idea.  I think people are imagining things instead of reading the whole case.

It's not the first time.

Just look at the case in more detail; that's all I ask.  If I'm wrong I'm wrong,

(FN): OK, but what did you think about this object when you saw it?
(MZ): When I was looking I thought that some punks must have thrown some bowl at me from a ditch, over the car, it flew sort of in front of the car. I says ‘damn it, they don’t have better things to do…’ I jumped out and I says ‘I’m gonna kick your asses’ but there is no-one around… And the Russian stopped behind me… Other cars didn’t stop. So I look what is wrong with the car but everything is fine. And the car started by itself. I have no idea what it was…

Has the thought of this being a possible hoax even entered your mind zoser? It's called discernment. Know it. Live it. Love it.

The guy admitted that they had just come from a wedding and were a little tipsy. I've done far worse when under the influence...I could have sworn that was a lady!!  Holy Crap! Did I say that out loud? <_< :lol:

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#4556    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 29 November 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

Has the thought of this being a possible hoax even entered your mind zoser? It's called discernment. Know it. Live it. Love it.

The guy admitted that they had just come from a wedding and were a little tipsy. I've done far worse when under the influence...I could have sworn that was a lady!!  Holy Crap! Did I say that out loud? <_< :lol:

Unless you read the case and are prepared to discuss it's aspects there is no point in replying to you.

Posted Image

#4557    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,730 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 November 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Unless you read the case and are prepared to discuss it's aspects there is no point in replying to you.

I'll take that as a no then....*sigh*

#4558    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 29 November 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

I'll take that as a no then....*sigh*

Likewise.

Posted Image

#4559    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 29 November 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

It's more a refusal to dismiss things.  Trust doesn't really come into it.

Posted Image

#4560    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

View Postzoser, on 29 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

I recommend people read the whole case before making a judgement:

he starts taking pictures, but he suddenly notices something strange slowly moving over the fields. The object is big, about two metres in diameter, and it reminds two bowls welded together at the edges! It is metallic – sunlight is reflected from its surface. No engine can be heard, there is no fumes or smoke, but… a very strong wind starts blowing in gusts! It is also of importance, as there was no wind so strong on that day. Zbyszek starts making pictures of the unidentified object. At one point the UFO starts a swift ascent and instantly flies away.

If someone threw a bowl, how long would it stay up in the air?  Seconds maybe?  It was up in the air for 8 mins.  How come the tilt is consistent?

Please can people read the whole case and refrain from making cynical crass judgements?  Just for once?

I'm tuning in late here today.
First thing I thought of viewing the pictures was the mixing bowl scenario, then I scrolled down to see pictures of one...lol.
It's a common prank which I suggested (and others) to be the nature of the "Greek Goats" photo.

When saying "It was up in the air for 8 mins", ...how do you know?  Just based on the testimony of drunks?
The photos could all be independant shots of several "bowl tosses".

Looks to me like the guy in the foreground of a couple of the shots could be the "bowl tosser".

Also, the hood of the car being open being an indication that the car may have been broken down for a while and the occupants got bored?

Why a bowl in the car?  Maybe they brought food to the wedding and were bringing their bowls home?

This one looks a bit hoax-like to me.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users