Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Guns Targetted at New Generation


  • Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#91    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

I could only find this vague listing of Chicago gun laws which are definitely strict:

http://Well, first o...s#ixzz2JNsqEOmy


Deaths by gun in Chicago were around 500. I imagine a majority were gang related.


#92    F3SS

F3SS

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,008 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Gangs don't bother me so long as they kill eachother but unfortunately they hurt others all the time.

Posted Image

#93    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Joined:31 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Frozen Tundra of the USA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 29 January 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Gangs don't bother me so long as they kill eachother but unfortunately they hurt others all the time.

Gangs account for over 80% of the gun related deaths in this country.
If those stats are being used to push gun control then yes, they do matter.

That means out of the 10,000 deaths a year, gang related deaths are over 8,000 of them.
2,000 gun deaths in a country our size is not that significant when you consider how many of those were in self defense.
And if Illinois has Gun Laws on the books, Chicago is bound by them as a city in Illinois.
8th toughest laws in the nation and First in the nation in gun related homicides.
That says a mouthful right there.

Now please point to which of Obamas EO's specifically went after gang members to reduce the 80% number.


#94    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Joined:31 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Frozen Tundra of the USA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

According to the Brady Website, my state of North Dakota ranks a pathetic 47th in the nation on gun laws.
Thats just horrendous, we only got 2 measly points out of 100.
But wait..... according to the FBI website, North Dakota ranks 49th in the nation in Gun related deaths.
How can that be?   How can a state where virtually everyone owns a gun and hunts have such a responsible population without gun laws strangling them to death?

This is the same site though that ranks Illinois as one of the top states enforcing gun laws yet they have 79% of all homicides are by gun.

My head is spinning just trying to wrap my mind on how North Dakota with "horrible" gun laws is a safer environment than Illinois with its top rate laws.
And Obama and Feinstein want to make us all Illinois.

Shouldn't we strive to be more like North Dakota and just simply go after the criminals?  or is that just too much common sense.


#95    Michelle

Michelle

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,391 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tennessee

  • Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 29 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Gangs account for over 80% of the gun related deaths in this country.
If those stats are being used to push gun control then yes, they do matter.

That means out of the 10,000 deaths a year, gang related deaths are over 8,000 of them.
2,000 gun deaths in a country our size is not that significant when you consider how many of those were in self defense.
And if Illinois has Gun Laws on the books, Chicago is bound by them as a city in Illinois.
8th toughest laws in the nation and First in the nation in gun related homicides.
That says a mouthful right there.

Now please point to which of Obamas EO's specifically went after gang members to reduce the 80% number.

I said the same in another thread...I would have a lot more respect for Obama if he would just once address black on black gang crime.


#96    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 6,323 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

  • If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 29 January 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Gangs account for over 80% of the gun related deaths in this country.
.

As a hunter yourself, how does it make you feel when the government want to come down harder on gun owners when you have gangs owning and obviously not respecting their weapons, but only have them to aid in their illegal activity. I ask this because if I were a hunter I would be pretty enraged.
I have said it many a time, I have no problem with people hunting and eating what they catch, thats what good hunters do, but to be put in a position of being questioned about how responsible you are with your gun would annoy me quite a lot when your stats prove that the main problem with guns death are the gangs and the odd nutter.

I think Cap Amerika has just answered my question while I was typing it out!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#97    F3SS

F3SS

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,008 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Which EO was that? Ah...uhmmm...ehhh.... Now that would be racist or profiling to say there's a gang problem. On the other hand, without gangs to inflate the crime stats the argument for gun control would be further nullified, I think. As I see it the progressives need chaos and confusion to justify the need for their policies which never solve the issue anyways but rather get the people just little more wrapped up under their control.

Posted Image

#98    F3SS

F3SS

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,008 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 29 January 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:



As a hunter yourself, how does it make you feel when the government want to come down harder on gun owners when you have gangs owning and obviously not respecting their weapons, but only have them to aid in their illegal activity. I ask this because if I were a hunter I would be pretty enraged.
I have said it many a time, I have no problem with people hunting and eating what they catch, thats what good hunters do, but to be put in a position of being questioned about how responsible you are with your gun would annoy me quite a lot when your stats prove that the main problem with guns death are the gangs and the odd nutter.

I think Cap Amerika has just answered my question while I was typing it out!
Ma'am, people have been giving you the same reasoning for weeks here. A what about that post made you realize the asinine logic of punishing law abiding citizens for the acts of criminals that you haven't been able to grasp before? It's all been said over and over to ya.

Posted Image

#99    HerNibs

HerNibs

    Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

  • Member
  • 12,030 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Colorado

  • Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 29 January 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

As a hunter yourself, how does it make you feel when the government want to come down harder on gun owners when you have gangs owning and obviously not respecting their weapons, but only have them to aid in their illegal activity. I ask this because if I were a hunter I would be pretty enraged.
I have said it many a time, I have no problem with people hunting and eating what they catch, thats what good hunters do, but to be put in a position of being questioned about how responsible you are with your gun would annoy me quite a lot when your stats prove that the main problem with guns death are the gangs and the odd nutter.

I think Cap Amerika has just answered my question while I was typing it out!

If keeping my guns locked and secure, registering them, etc.  keeps ONE gun out of ONE bad guys hands, I don't mind doing it.   If it keeps ONE child from harming themselves or anyone else, I don't mind doing it.

No big deal.  As a hunter, doing these things don't affect my hunting in the least.

My state is one of those with fewer gun laws.  

And we are about 28th in gun violence.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#100    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Joined:31 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Frozen Tundra of the USA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 29 January 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Which EO was that? Ah...uhmmm...ehhh.... Now that would be racist or profiling to say there's a gang problem. On the other hand, without gangs to inflate the crime stats the argument for gun control would be further nullified, I think. As I see it the progressives need chaos and confusion to justify the need for their policies which never solve the issue anyways but rather get the people just little more wrapped up under their control.

Exactly.
Its odd that we ignore 8,000 deaths a year at the hands of gangs and criminals yet let 20 kids die at the hands of a mentally handicapped individual and the time to act is NOW!


#101    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,043 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

View Postninjadude, on 29 January 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

not by a long shot.

Yes, they do.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#102    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 6,323 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

  • If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 29 January 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Ma'am, people have been giving you the same reasoning for weeks here. A what about that post made you realize the asinine logic of punishing law abiding citizens for the acts of criminals that you haven't been able to grasp before? It's all been said over and over to ya.
I was asking a hunter who gave me an answer without getting all gun hoe on me. Maybe it might have been mentioned, but no one has mentioned how they felt being compared to the gang members with guns, until now. the main thing discussed was people owning guns full stop, I had mentioned myself enough time that i have no problem with hunters owning guns, but, the main argument was the non hunters.
Respect.

Edited by freetoroam, 29 January 2013 - 08:28 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#103    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 6,323 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

  • If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 29 January 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

If keeping my guns locked and secure, registering them, etc.  keeps ONE gun out of ONE bad guys hands, I don't mind doing it.   If it keeps ONE child from harming themselves or anyone else, I don't mind doing it.

No big deal.  As a hunter, doing these things don't affect my hunting in the least.

My state is one of those with fewer gun laws.  

And we are about 28th in gun violence.

Nibs
if I were a hunter hunting for food, I would say the same thing.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#104    F3SS

F3SS

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,008 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 29 January 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:


I was asking a hunter who gave me an answer without getting all gun hoe on me. Maybe it might have been mentioned, but no one has mentioned how they felt being compared to the gang members with guns, until now.
I had mentioned myself enough time that i have no problem with hunters.
Well there you have it then. A large chunk of this gun control debate has been to demonize gun owners of all types. Those who don't hunt have every right and reason to bear arms too and being labeled dangerous, careless, mentally ill and having their names and addresses published on an interactive online map is just the opposite of what should be going on. All of those things should pertain strictly to criminals and gang members and not decent people.

Posted Image

#105    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 34,057 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 29 January 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Well there you have it then. A large chunk of this gun control debate has been to demonize gun owners of all types. Those who don't hunt have every right and reason to bear arms too and being labeled dangerous, careless, mentally ill and having their names and addresses published on an interactive online map is just the opposite of what should be going on. All of those things should pertain strictly to criminals and gang members and not decent people.

As long as there is the second amendment everybody has a right to have as many guns as he wants for whatever purpose. But that does not mean that they should be excused  from acting like grown ups with them. If we could achieve that we would not need these discussions.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users