Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the slender man

cadyn

mentioned since the beginning of modern time, slender man is a tall, dark, being that lives in wooded areas and feeds off fear and child flesh. he

usually finds a victim that is vulnerable and easy enough to handle, then haunts them until they get proxies. he then confronts them to make them feel safe, and takes the child, and disappears without a sign that he was ever there. the fear of this entity is very much alive, and will remain.

once he knows who you are, you will never be safe again, there is no running he will find you..

Edited by cadyn

Slender man is an internet hoax that spiraled out of control. Many people claim to see him in real life or have had some kind of encounter with him. But he has proven to be a fake.

Here's more info: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/slender-man

• Like 5

Where has Slenderman been mentioned before modern time?

Internet hoax like the others have said but also, there are dozens of topics on Slenderman already on UM. Some not even that old.

Also one of the original Slenderman photo's is from Stirling, Australia. Not too far from where I live. The myth was that fourteen kids went missing around the time of the photo being taken. Fourteen kids have never gone missing at once in Stirling or the whole of Australia.

slenderman-2-784777.jpg

• Like 1

Wow. That is quite a pounding for a new Member to recieve. Welcome to the UM forums. Maybe slenderman was not the best first post? Probably you should have used the Search function and posted a comment about Slenderman first.

One thing that I do remember from a previous Thread... It was said that the movie Tall Man, is about slenderman.... but (Spoiler) it isn't. Don't waste your time on this movie if you want to see something about slenderman.

The movie is about a woman who is trying to recover a child stolen from her.

But then it turns out she is the one who stole the kid to begin with. And the person in the black outfit is the kids Mother.

And the kids are not being sacrificed or killed for sport or anything weird. They are being sold into Adoption. The movie ends with all the various children who have been stolen smiling and living the good life in some urban city. Aside from the chase scenes and fighting, I found this horrendously boring.

Wow. That is quite a pounding for a new Member to recieve.

I've seen worse.

Where has Slenderman been mentioned before modern time?

He's been given an invented backstory. Made-up stuff about a German legend of Der Großman. 16th Century German engravings have been altered to turn a skeletal figure into a many-limbed freak. Pictures of hieroglyphics have been Photoshopped to include a thin multi-armed dude. The idea was to create the impression that he has been known throughout history under different names and guises. I think most of the people posting about this on blogs know it's just an urban myth but they just like the idea of inventing this mythological boogie man and giving him legendary stories and a history. Some people fail to see that it isn't true though and that he is entirely a modern fiction of recent years.
  • Like 3

I think a lot of things exist and "he" might

Last time someone was skeptic,they were in therapy the next week.

Then again all my friends get hurt.

I might be cursed,stay out of ruskin florida!!!

Welcome to UM.

On behalf of UM please answer these simple generic questions that will save us all from asking. Please do not take offense to these questions, this will help clear up confusion.

0. Are you asking for help or opinions?

We have people who post here with question and then get annoyed when a member gives a different perspective on what may of happened.

1.Where did this happen?

Such as location of place, cross streets, Near a store, if in a building what room.

2. What Time did it happen?

A guess on the time, if not was it Day time, night time, Full moon.

3. What were you doing to witnesses this event?

More detail than i was walking down the street and then i saw...

4. Did you catch it on Camera/Phone?

If not, Why not?

4a. If you caught it on a phone?

Did you know we are aware of Ghost Apps where people put photos into the pictures?

4b. Did you caught an orb?

Read this http://ssprstn.tripod.com/id65.html this gives you a chance see the more hardware causes on how your photo may of caught that orb.

5. Describe paranormal "thing" in detail.

E.G The Slender was roughly 6ft6, he wore a black suit, that covered his body with a white undershirt, he has a tie that is also black. The suit looks roughly like silk and his shoes was clean leather black. His face looked white like a mask but lacked any facial details. His suit would turn into tentacles

6. Did you wake up or was a sleep?

It might be a thing called Sleep Paralysis http://www.webmd.com...sleep-paralysis

7. Did this happen to you or to some one else.

You be amazed people tell us this story and forgot to mention thi

• Like 1

Sounds like you need therapy yourself.
  • Like 2

I had a friend, and I use the term loosely, who believed slenderman was real, once. She also believed she was a vampire-werewolf-shapeshifting-goddess and the second coming of Jesus Christ.

That being said, I do so love the concept of slenderman and the fanart can be so pretty.

• Like 1

First of all, welcome to UM.

Word of advice, when relating a story, try to actually tell the story in some sort of detail otherwise not much can follow in the way of opinion of discussion.

When you say "the last time someone was skeptical", what exactly do you mean? I'm skeptical of the existence of Slenderman (actually, I'm not really, I outright deny he exists, as it has been proven to be an Internet hoax originating on the Something Awful forums). Do you mean the last time someone you know expressed doubt as to the existence of Slenderman?

What lead to them being in therapy? What was the chain of events and what did it have to do with Slenderman?

Every single one of your friends got hurt? In what ways? The kind of minor injures everyone gets like stubbing your toe on a chair or serious injuries? What did they have to do with Slenderman?

Etc. etc.

No offense is intended, but you remind me of a lot of people who come here and don't last long, but while they're here they have fantastical stories about various things that have happened to them. For example you've stated in another thread that you can walk on fire without injury. The stories are not only fantasical sounding, they lack any sort of detail at all and requests for detail don't go very far. Be different and expand your story into something with meat to it that might interest people.

Edited by Archimedes

Nope, it wasn't me, It was the sasquatch.

Well you WOULD say that wouldn't you. You're still p***ed that Sassy stole your CD of Elvis' 99 "End o' the World" tour and gave it to Norman from Roswell so he'd have something to listen to on his way back to Epsilon Erandu.

• Like 5

Pretty soon there might come a day, where people forget Slenderman's origin altogether and it actually sort of grows into a different animal altogether like Men in Black or Indrid cold or something.

Pretty soon there might come a day, where people forget Slenderman's origin altogether and it actually sort of grows into a different animal altogether like Men in Black or Indrid cold or something.

That's why we keep fighting the good fight.

• Like 1

I've seen worse.

I have to

Slender Man is creepy but I think he's a cool cryptid I also think he is the erl king I found a poem that matches Slender man but its about the erl king.

• Like 1

Awww, come one. If everyone believes hard enough, he may become real!

Everytime a troll sings,

A Cryptid get's his wings!

• Like 1

Possibly the inspiration for the "Slender man" story,

the old TV series Sapphire and Steele series 4 - the man with no face.

Man in suit and literally no face (except when he wants people to see a face),

people mysteriously disappear as he traps them in old photographs, incredibly creepy.

I suspect this was the inspiration for the creepy tale that generated the slender man myth.