Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Research Project

Tioria

I am not sure exactly where I heard this so let me know if u know more about it. There is a supposed research project going on with 3 top scientists who went to a village in Africa and placed a metal box inside a hut that they build. They left behind but not attached, a mouse, keyboard, a a telephone line running to some communication port.

Supposedly the computer is going 24/7.

It is reported that this rural village has a higher literacy than the people in the big cities.

I find it fascinating. Please let me know more if u are aware of this project. smile.gif

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tioria

• Bizarro

• schadeaux

Top Posters In This Topic

ive heard of this type of project before. i think i saw a documentary about it on PBS late one night- if that may help you track it down.

i remember it was about computers and the third world. they would set up a computer and just leave it there without instructions. interestingly enough, they found that the children of the towns would learn how to use it without any instruction after a few days time. i remember this being done in rural India in one example, although i cannot remember the one you mentioned (must have been dozing), Tioria biggrin.gif