Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flesh Eating Disease

FOAM

The Disease is Fact. I've heard a story of a man who contracted this disease by getting cut by a piece of metal. How does he contract the disease by getting cut by metal? What are the facts that support this or Is this an Urban legend? Can anyone confirm if its true....any links to this story?

Thanks

Edited by FOAM

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NME_locus

• _CoNspIracY_

• _Spawn_

• Lotus Flower

More details please? There ARE flesh eating diseases, which one are you talking about? And what man are you talking about? If you were to get cut by a piece of metal it would need to be quite dirty and infested with bacteria to contract something... Is there a source where you got the information on the man who contracted it? A name of the disease?

The Disease is Fact. I've heard a story of a man who contracted this disease by getting cut by a piece of metal. How does he contract the disease by getting cut by metal? What are the facts that support this or Is this an Urban legend? Can anyone confirm if its true....any links to this story?

Thanks

I haven't heard about being cut on a bit of metal case, but there was another one where a man brushed up against a plant and contracted some sort of disease that started eating his flesh - nasty.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the disease Ebola a wasting disease - as is Leprosy of course.

There is flesh eating bacteria that one could certainly pick up by being cut on a peice of metal. Nasty nasty stuff.

Necrotizing fasciitis is a rare bacterial infection that can destroy skin and the soft tissues beneath it, including fat and the tissue covering the muscles (fascia). Because these tissues often die rapidly, a person with necrotizing fasciitis is sometimes said to be infected with "flesh-eating" bacteria, especially Streptococcus pyogenes.

from http://www.webmd.com/hw/infection/hw140408.asp

And here is one guys personal story with it: http://www.flesheatingbacteria.net

(yay - I can google Mommy!)

I don't get it, cut on metal? what is it about the metal that makes you contract the disease? Is it an infection already on the metal? Or some particles or bacteria naturally found on a particular type of metal? And he got kicked in the leg, right? By a soccer ball? How does getting hit by a soccer ball get you a flesh eater? I remember my friends talking about a very old disease that would eat away everything inside you, until you liquify from the inside. Everything including heart, lungs, stomach, intestines etc.

There is flesh eating bacteria that one could certainly pick up by being cut on a peice of metal. Nasty nasty stuff.

from http://www.webmd.com/hw/infection/hw140408.asp

And here is one guys personal story with it: http://www.flesheatingbacteria.net

(yay - I can google Mommy!)

Great story, From getting kicked in the ankle. The shoe must of had the bacteria. That's unbelievable. I heard another story about some guy getting cut by metal and getting this disease but i can't find it anywhere on the net.

I don't get it, cut on metal? what is it about the metal that makes you contract the disease? Is it an infection already on the metal? Or some particles or bacteria naturally found on a particular type of metal? And he got kicked in the leg, right? By a soccer ball? How does getting hit by a soccer ball get you a flesh eater? I remember my friends talking about a very old disease that would eat away everything inside you, until you liquify from the inside. Everything including heart, lungs, stomach, intestines etc.

I know a guy that got a staff infection(?) from rubbing his leg on a table. They had to cut away a large chunk of his muscle tissue. i don't think it's from the metal itself, but from whatever is on the metal or whom previously touched it.

The venom of a brown recluse can do the same thing:

It is difficult for a physician to accurately diagnose a "brown recluse bite" based simply on wound characteristics. It is absolutely necessary to have the spider for a positive identification. Necrotic wounds can result from a variety of agents such as bacteria (Staphylococcus, "flesh-eating" Streptococcus, etc.), viruses, fungi, and arthropods (non-recluse spiders, centipedes, mites, ticks, wasps, bedbugs, kissing bugs, biting flies, etc.). Necrotic conditions also can be caused by vascular and lymphatic disorders, drug reactions, underlying diseases states, and a variety of other agents. An annotated list of conditions that could be mistaken for a brown recluse spider bite is available at http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2002/08/05/hlsa0805.htm. Misdiagnosis of lesions as brown recluse bites can delay appropriate care.

I remember my friends talking about a very old disease that would eat away everything inside you, until you liquify from the inside. Everything including heart, lungs, stomach, intestines etc.

There are biological weapons that can cause something similar. Biological weapons include any organism (such as bacteria, viruses, or fungi) or toxin found in nature that can be used to kill or injure people. (Toxins are poisonous compounds produced by organisms.)

Edited by NME_locus

To certain extents, MRSA eats the flesh which it has infected. Very unpleasant.

Group A streptococcal (strep) infections are caused by group A streptococcus, a bacterium responsible for a variety of health problems. These infections can range from a mild skin infection or sore throat to severe, life-threatening conditions such as toxic shock syndrome and necrotizing fasciitis, commonly known as flesh eating disease. source

***SNIP***

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
I have removed the image, this is a family forum and that rather unpleasent image may not be suitable for some members.

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) (a.k.a. Golden Staphylococci) is a specific strain of the Staphylococcus aureus bacterium that has developed antibiotic resistance to all penicillins, including methicillin and other narrow-spectrum β-lactamase-resistant penicillin antibiotics.

there is a variety of flesh eating diseases, luckily these are very rare...

here some examples of wounds inflicted by flesh eating bacteria

WARNING! VERY EXPLICIT PICTURES!

http://atnelson.myweb.uga.edu/nasty%20leg4.jpg

http://atnelson.myweb.uga.edu/nasty%20leg2.jpg

Edited by Magikman
removed unpleasant photo

You can catch bacterial infections in all different ways, such as having it enter the blood stream (via a cut), ingesting the bacteria, or inhaling it etc.

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) (a.k.a. Golden Staphylococci) is a specific strain of the Staphylococcus aureus bacterium that has developed antibiotic resistance to all penicillins, including methicillin and other narrow-spectrum β-lactamase-resistant penicillin antibiotics.

Thank you.

But shouldn't you quote your sources when you copy-paste? :lol:

Let's refrain from posting 'nastier' examples, please people, polite consideration should be given the fact that this is a 'family style' forum, a modicum of decency would be appreciated.

MM

Thank you.

But shouldn't you quote your sources when you copy-paste? :lol:

Watch out you crazy lobster! :blink: ...... I was just making things easier on myself!

You mister.. need to chill on some ice and have some wine! LOL!

linked-image

linked-image

PS-

linked-image

Edited by NME_locus

Let's refrain from posting 'nastier' examples, please people, polite consideration should be given the fact that this is a 'family style' forum, a modicum of decency would be appreciated.

MM

thats why I added the warning with the pics :) but no prob

one of my friends uncles got/caught that from hospital

like u said unpleasant!

I now feel physically sick....i have all been quite sensitive to these topics i keep imagining it all the time...i hate rotting or degeneration of the skin its a horrible thing......

its wrong that such a catalytic bacterium exists and just think...imagine if it got to places you would preferably wouldn't want it....what about"Oh ive got an intense itch on my leg?,".scratches it',Leg flesh collapses in EEErrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......rot every where and a dirty filthy black hole aswel to make it look pretty :blink:

OOHhhh...the thought!

apparently aswell there is a internal response to cause self degeneration....i dont care how it start as i wish not to look it up!!!

I feel sick now!

A friend of mine`s dad had this last year. It ate one side of his body from is ass cheek down to his knee,,almost killed him.

I now feel physically sick....i have all been quite sensitive to these topics i keep imagining it all the time...i hate rotting or degeneration of the skin its a horrible thing......

its wrong that such a catalytic bacterium exists and just think...imagine if it got to places you would preferably wouldn't want it....what about"Oh ive got an intense itch on my leg?,".scratches it',Leg flesh collapses in EEErrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......rot every where and a dirty filthy black hole aswel to make it look pretty :blink:

...for some reason, I am also feeling a bit queasy, Kobie :blink:

But I don't see how this is any different from any other infection via metal, other than flesh eating diseases are rare.

Poor guy though - talk about bad luck.

I had a friend who had an open scratch on his buttocks, and he contracted a form of the flesh eating bacteria from a public toilet seat. He said it felt like someone was taking a red-hot iron ball, and pressing it into his backside. He had to have an ice-cream sized scoup taken out of hit left buttock, and couldn't sit down for about a month.

It was a hard story to believe until he showed me his scar...

I had a friend who had an open scratch on his buttocks, and he contracted a form of the flesh eating bacteria from a public toilet seat. He said it felt like someone was taking a red-hot iron ball, and pressing it into his backside. He had to have an ice-cream sized scoup taken out of hit left buttock, and couldn't sit down for about a month.

It was a hard story to believe until he showed me his scar...

Quess whos NOT going to use any public restrooms now?

Quess whos NOT going to use any public restrooms now?

Yeah, I only pee at them, never sit down.

About a couple months ago I got an ulcer on my ankle that the doctors think was a brown recluse bite. It's strange because I live in Michigan, and this is far out of their habitat. It happened when I was sleeping. I woke up with a blister the size of a golf ball on my ankle, so I popped it. After a couple days my whole leg swelled and it hurt like hell to walk on it. Eventually a sore opened up, so I went to the E.R. Took about a month to heal, but they said if I had waited too much longer to come in it could have been life threatening.

The sore on my ankle got about 4-5 inches inches in diameter where the flesh had been eaten away down to the meat. It wasn't pretty.

To add about sheet metal, if you get cut with that stuff clean it off and disinfect fast. It's a breeding ground for bacteria, and the oil on it isn't good for you either.

Edited by Opus Magnus

not to mention also get a tetnus shot

;)

• 2 weeks later...