Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama to be sworn in for second term

barack obama inauguration blue room white house

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,323 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Barack Obama is due to be officially sworn in for his second term as US president in a small ceremony at the White House.

Although the US Constitution requires the oath of office to be taken by noon on 20 January, as that falls on a Sunday the public inauguration will take place on Monday.

Mr Obama will take his official oath in the White House's Blue Room.

The public ceremony with pomp and circumstance will follow a day later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-21106159

Posted Image

#2    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,478 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

BOOOOO!!!!

Posted Image

#3    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

The best part is when he swears to protect the Constitution.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#4    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

View Postacidhead, on 20 January 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

Yeah.... which is a bold face lie from where I am standing. He swears to protect it, when he is currently trying to take away some parts of it. There needs to be meaning and an punishment if it is broken.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,537 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

We've just seen pictures of Washington bedecked in flags etc.
Umm is this pomp usual for an inauguration? Because our reaction here is something to the tune of "deutchland deutchland ich bin ober alles"

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#6    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Why do people act surprised when politicians lie and do hypocritical things? That's like complaining that jumping into the ocean made you wet. You know it's going to happen.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#7    David-C

David-C

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

View Postacidhead, on 20 January 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

How do we know what he really swears to do or what book he swears on in the private ceremony he's having today? Tomorrow's public ceremony is just an act.

#8    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

He has been a great leader and the American majority saw fit to re elect him.  

Congratulations Mr president!  Well deserved.

#9    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,478 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

Yes, a nation divided with no sign of unity to come is an example of great leadership. All hail the Divider in Chief.

Posted Image

#10    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

What divide?  Should we go over the election results yet again?

#11    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,478 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

View Postsupervike, on 21 January 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

What divide?  Should we go over the election results yet again?
Yea Ok, I'd love to. The election results are one way to look at the divide. He had a victory but it wasn't crushing, it was average. 7 million votes sounds like a lot but out of around 110 million voters representing 310 million citizens it's only a slight majority. After four years a president who is a good, no wait you said great, leader gains support. If he was great he'd have had an electoral and popular blowout like FDR or Reagan to name a couple. Both sides lost a few million votes since 2008, they certainly didn't gain any. Washington sucks and many people said screw it this election. Great leadership historically sways the nation. His policies don't gain support either. He is scornful and divisive towards anyone who disagrees with him. He uses rhetoric carefully and by design to get one group of people angry against another. He flat out said he wants to fundamentally transform the nation when a true American leader would say we need a fundamental restoration instead. Blame which ever side you want for anything you like but real leadership can bring opposition together. Real leadership doesn't publicly scorn the representation of nearly half the country. Real leaders handle that sht behind closed doors like professionals and keep the people calm yet he does the complete opposite. You scour these forums. Do you see unity?

Posted Image

#12    HoboMoo

HoboMoo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Eewwwww

#13    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,611 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostSean93, on 21 January 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

Why do people act surprised when politicians lie and do hypocritical things? That's like complaining that jumping into the ocean made you wet. You know it's going to happen.
They're not surprised so much as delighted to expose a politician they politically disagree with, so they can feel more false confidence that their politics are right in the quiet interlude between the lies and hypocrisy from their own kind.  I don't see any surprise at all.  I see Obama's political enemies shoveling blame like coal into a furnace and Obama's political allies making every excuse in the book.    Same old situation.  Partisan politics - game on.    And it's a complete waste of time because when it comes down to making the tough decisions for the country the two parties agree on everything.  It's just two different rhetorical paths to get to the same destination.  

The problem isn't surprise so much as it's blind faith.   He's got his hand on that bible, so help him God.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#14    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,033 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

View Postsupervike, on 21 January 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

He has been a great leader
In that case, then Carter must have been greater than Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln.

and the American majority saw fit to re elect him.
That's the "Extremes of Democracy" that our Founding Fathers warned us about.

Congratulations Mr president!  Well deserved.
I guess you could call it that.  When you get away with it, I guess you deserve some congratulations.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#15    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Obama was alraedy sworn in a family ceremony in the White House. The public one will be done Monday. Biden was sworn by Justice Sotomayer at his home as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users