Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

flowing water on mars

qxcontinuum

To me it looks like a darker mineral sand streaking over the lighter sand... ( the same colour of sand is also in the pic)

Mars has many different shades of sandy soil - depending on the minerals.

But of course due to NASA - there has been evidence of flowing briny water - on higher down hill slopes.

• Like 1

Does anyone else see the little thing sitting on the rock in the upper right? Sorry i couldnt be more specific but it does seem like somethings there almost like a squirrel sitting on a rock. Before anyone goes crazy im just saying it looks different from the rock, not that it is necessarily a squirrel.

Does anyone else see the little thing sitting on the rock in the upper right? Sorry i couldnt be more specific but it does seem like somethings there almost like a squirrel sitting on a rock. Before anyone goes crazy im just saying it looks different from the rock, not that it is necessarily a squirrel.

ha, good catch...

what is interesting , although they are diametral opposed their shape is identical which can't indicate shadowing ...

for those of you not seeing them, here is a zoomed photo

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-27%20at%2012.10.55%20PM_zpsktohyran.png

Edited by qxcontinuum

ha, good catch...

what is interesting , although they are diametral opposed their shape is identical which can't indicate shadowing ...

What are we supposed to see here ?

• Like 1

A petrified head next to a clam of course.

At least that's what I see. Right next to the grinning woman holding a pot of octopi, and just above the hanging scarf with the doodads all over it.

I mean, it's like a Rohrshach, isn't it?

• Like 1

Wut ? you can't see the wee Minion ?

Me thinks somebody needs glasses :D

ha, good catch...

Um.... what?

Identical? Diametrically opposed? Shadowing?

I completely fail to see anything but a couple of very dull rocks which are very much non-identical to each other.

• Like 1

I see the broken tablets with the ten commandments written on them in the lower right.

Lost in the desert? Yes, and a long way from home.

I see the broken tablets with the ten commandments written on them in the lower right.

Lost in the desert? Yes, and a long way from home.

No wonder it took them 40 years....

OK. I'll say it for those thinking it but afraid of getting slammed.

[/Tsoukalos mode on] These are probably definitely ruins. 1. Check out the slightly greenish fountain just above and slightly left of the wet streak. Looks like It's obviously a sink or toilet. 2. Then there're some other cut stones to the right about and halfway up.

3. On the far right you can see some tablets that look like they with rows of writing. 4. Just left of the big (#2) fractured cube is a statue of an Easter Island head. A more human unfinished bust sits below it buried up to it's nose.

Those squirrels look like kind of exactly like braces for that large petrified and eroded fossil behind it. Might be a hitching post too considering there's a martian horse head up by the sink. [/Tsoukalos mode off]

post-107541-0-60309000-1446436129_thumb.

Edited by Varelse

Well I think some little critter is under that rock and the rover scared the pee out of him.

Nope

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-27%20at%2012.10.55%20PM_zpsv6fdpewx.png

• Like 2

RoFL

anomalys_zps8dcyri5e.jpg"]http://anomalys_zps8dcyri5e.jpg[/url]

Ok.. To all you Skeptics..Please explain? I've ringed and numbered the most obvious anomalies that stared me straight in the face .. !

1../ This block of stone seems to be cut with precision ..! Straight 90 degree edges .. must have been some ****ing comet to have caused this anomaly ??

2../ Does this not look like part of a constructed wall..! must have been some ****ing comet to have caused this anomaly ??

3../ Yet again..look at the precision (straight edges) that cut inside this rock..! It has been fabricated.. OR, it must have been some ****ing comet to have caused this anomaly ??

4,,/ Look closely.. the indentations in the rocks are regimented, almost to the point of looking like some strange scripture or hieroglyphic formula ..! it must have been some f888ing comet to have caused this anomaly ??

I'm so glad NASA is releasing images that have not been manipulated or 'airbrushed' and are slowly but surely starting the procedure of disclosure.. People are not feared of aliens..? they're more feared of corrupt deceitful governments..!

• Like 1

http://anomalys_zps8dcyri5e.jpg

Ok.. To all you Skeptics..Please explain? I've ringed and numbered the most obvious anomalies that stared me straight in the face .. !

1../ This block of stone seems to be cut with precision ..! Straight 90 degree edges .. must have been some ****ing comet to have caused this anomaly ??

Maybe it looks like that to you, but that is just natural fracturing. These are natural "precision cut" basalt stones:

7997420_f520.jpg

2../ Does this not look like part of a constructed wall..! must have been some ****ing comet to have caused this anomaly ??

No, it doesn't

3../ Yet again..look at the precision (straight edges) that cut inside this rock..! It has been fabricated.. OR, it must have been some ****ing comet to have caused this anomaly ??

See above.

4,,/ Look closely.. the indentations in the rocks are regimented, almost to the point of looking like some strange scripture or hieroglyphic formula ..! it must have been some f888ing comet to have caused this anomaly ??

No. Your vivid imagination and pareidolia caused this

I'm so glad NASA is releasing images that have not been manipulated or 'airbrushed' and are slowly but surely starting the procedure of disclosure.. People are not feared of aliens..? they're more feared of corrupt deceitful governments..!

They never air brushed.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

Valid point about Basalt and it's fracturing through the natural earth process of quakes .. but this is a solitary block of 'martian sandstone' with it's dimensions almost forming a cube..! but maybe Mars fracturing is slightly more technical and advanced than ours..???

http://no%20fraking%20way_zpsaymz3qwh.jpg

These are right angles of 90 degrees.. it's symmetrical .. !! I would love to dig deeper and see what's underneath the sand..?

Murdison, would you agree that weathering and layering (and I'm just pickin' a couple here.....) can create odd shapes, straight lines, etc?

If not then you need to hand back your $2.50 Online Geology Diploma..

If you *do* accept that, can you tell me how often we *should* see some coincidental shapes of that kind, given the thousands (nay, MILLIONS) of rocks that have been imaged so far on Mars.

Please show your maths - 2 sig figs will be plenty...

And perhaps check out one of dem Logical Fallacies websites to see many more examples of what you are doing.

Murdison, would you agree that weathering and layering (and I'm just pickin' a couple here.....) can create odd shapes, straight lines, etc?

If not then you need to hand back your $2.50 Online Geology Diploma..

If you *do* accept that, can you tell me how often we *should* see some coincidental shapes of that kind, given the thousands (nay, MILLIONS) of rocks that have been imaged so far on Mars.

Please show your maths - 2 sig figs will be plenty...

And perhaps check out one of dem Logical Fallacies websites to see many more examples of what you are doing.

haha.. $2.50 .. that's a bit too pricey for me :D Ok.. I'll add a bit more to the argument to my case. It's quite easy for me to see but not so for you wearing those spangled coloured rose tinted specs of yours that you bought from ebay for $2.50 haha