Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone seen this picture?

ShadowBoy86x

I agree with most of what you say here except that motion blur is less likely with a shutter speed of 1/1250

Yes, but... a close range bug will traverse quite rapidly - and of course it's angular velocity that will cause the blur. Also, if we were serious about working it out, we'd need to know exactly how that camera/sensor combination implements its shutter speeds - there are issues like the 'rolling shutter' effect that can muddy the waters. I doubt if that would be an issue with this camera, but it's one of the many things that needs to be considered for a genuine analysis. Personally, I just don't think this blob warrants the attention it has already got, let alone more..

Otherwise I agree entirely, and I'll also admit that my knowledge of the S100 was not complete - you're right, it is a bit better then my 130 (even if this image doesn't really show it... :D). Still, I prefer the 130's lens range tho'!

Moral of the story: Next time you see a herd of goats, don't aim the camera at something half a meter away !

At last - sensible recommendations for all ufo-imaging wannabee's!! :P (that's only half tongue in cheek..)

BTW, I just took another look at the ATS thread - some of the later posts are quite hilarious, either by demonstrating how people haven't bothered reading anything except the first post, or by showing how, armed with a copy of any image editor and the ability to adjust sliders and magnify images, anyone can become an eggspert..!

It's just McRom, and he took too much LDS in the Sixties.

He did what to the Mormons in the Sixties?

:P

Yes, I realize you intended to say LSD...

• Like 2

I haven't read all the arguments back and forth but did examine the picture and read the "analysis" on ATS.

It's past four am at the moment so I will contend with posting this pertinent clip...

[media=]

[/media]

And the juries verdict:

megafacepalm.jpg

If there was a video that took the prize for shear stupidity this is it folks. What total cynical empty nonsense.

Edited by zoser

If there was a video that took the prize for shear stupidity this is it folks. What total cynical empty nonsense.

Well at least you are open minded, unlike those dunder headed skeptics.

Well at least you are open minded, unlike those dunder headed skeptics.

If someone is closed minded they shut themselves off from the possibility of new learning. In my experience this tends to be those who have immersed themselves in academy style education and lifestyle. It develops a kind of mental fixing. I'm sure you can work out the ramifications of this for yourself.

If someone is closed minded they shut themselves off from the possibility of new learning. In my experience this tends to be those who have immersed themselves in academy style education and lifestyle. It develops a kind of mental fixing. I'm sure you can work out the ramifications of this for yourself.

That's nice.

It still doesn't change the fact that you've got one of the most closed minds of all, evidenced by your efforts to shoehorn ET into nearly every UFO case ever reported despite the relevance and applicability of any other possibilities. You have blinders on zoser, extremely limiting blinders, and you prefer ET above all other possible explanations. This is known as bias. Confirmation bias to be precise.

That's nice.

It still doesn't change the fact that you've got one of the most closed minds of all, evidenced by your efforts to shoehorn ET into nearly every UFO case ever reported despite the relevance and applicability of any other possibilities. You have blinders on zoser, extremely limiting blinders, and you prefer ET above all other possible explanations. This is known as bias. Confirmation bias to be precise.

Boon really is blowing a fuse today. It must be Miller Time wherever he really is.

That's the famous "monkey from mars" http://www.msnbc.msn...me-lab-display/

lol... thanks for the background on that... :) n nice to meechyuu

It's just McRom, and he took too much LDS in the Sixties.

w000000000t... i wasn't even born back then.... but me travels might have bridged that generational gap... http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/funny-pictures-lord-of-the-rungs-has-now-joined-the-ladder-day-saints.jpg hope all is well with u mcg

He did what to the Mormons in the Sixties?

Yes, I realize you intended to say LSD...

lol... how's it goin boony... i was trying to to post for you the the space recruitment message from kolob, but without any success... can't seem to locate it :/

Boon really is blowing a fuse today. It must be Miller Time wherever he really is.

I'd hardly call it "blowing a fuse." I've had a pretty significant hiatus from this section of the forum, thanks in no small part to your repeated personal attacks against me in the past, but my interest in discussion on this UFO/ET front has been rekindled. I don't know how long it will last, but I'm enjoying it for the time being.

Or maybe I've just been reassigned by my superiors? ;)

• Like 1

That's nice.

Plastic bags Boon? Really? :blush:

w000000000t... i wasn't even born back then.... but me travels might have bridged that generational gap... http://icanhascheezb...-day-saints.jpg hope all is well with u mcg

I was there, but unfortunately I was far from being a hippy--more like a crew cut.

I well remember when my father took me to the barber for the first time and all my hair was buzzed off.

"Now you look like a little gentleman", the barber told me. That's what it was really like.

lol... how's it goin boony... i was trying to to post for you the the space recruitment message from kolob, but without any success... can't seem to locate it :/

Great to see you again mcrom. :)

Those Kolob messages are top secret, we really shouldn't be discussing them in the open like this. :ph34r::P

Edit to clarify... No, I'm not Mormon. And for anyone who is, I fully respect your beliefs, even if I don't agree with them.

Edited by booNyzarC

I'd hardly call it "blowing a fuse." I've had a pretty significant hiatus from this section of the forum, thanks in no small part to your repeated personal attacks against me in the past, but my interest in discussion on this UFO/ET front has been rekindled. I don't know how long it will last, but I'm enjoying it for the time being.

Or maybe I've just been reassigned by my superiors? ;)

All's fun as long as things don't get personal. Don't forget we are all united by a common interest at the end of the day. Welcome back Boon. :tu:

• Like 1

Plastic bags Boon? Really? :blush:

With such a compelling rebuttal as you've provided here, I'm sure everyone will be convinced to discard this mundane potential explanation. :rolleyes:

All's fun as long as things don't get personal. Don't forget we are all united by a common interest at the end of the day. Welcome back Boon. :tu:

Thanks zoser, I appreciate that. :)

Here is a picture from a fisherman back in the 1970s it seems REALLY familar to the object in the OPs photo and it is above the water in both of these photos.

ufo1945.jpg

Here is a picture from a fisherman back in the 1970s it seems REALLY familar to the object in the OPs photo and it is above the water in both of these photos.

ufo1945.jpg

Unfortunately, that picture is about as bad as a picture gets. Either the lens was filthy or the film/print processing went seriously wrong, or a combination of both.

I don't think even a detailed analysis could be done without the original negative.

Unfortunately, that picture is about as bad as a picture gets. Either the lens was filthy or the film/print processing went seriously wrong, or a combination of both.

I don't think even a detailed analysis could be done without the original negative.

Well it is about 60 years old.

Well it is about 60 years old.

The 70's were not 60 years ago......or were they? :unsure2: