Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stem cells and human cloning

UM-Bot

Stem cells and human cloning

linked-image

Click here to watch video - 08:52

Dr andrew corbett presents the Stem Cell and Human Cloning Debate from an ethical perspective.

hey pal, what is it that you've primarily started this thread for? If the topic is not yet decided, then I'd lieke to add something to be discussed regarding the title :Stem Cells and Human Cloning.

Somewhat recently, there have been news of Scientists having succesfully made the first human hybrid clone, with the facial features of a dog. My question to the members is: do you think that HUMAN CLONING OF SUCH SORTS IS REALLY WANTED?

it is not merely a science versus ethics discussion. what I mean to discuss is that though Human Cloning is a very ambitious Genetics project, but how important can a hybrid clone be? Its possibility has been certain since ages, and now it has even been practically achieved. But where is the utility of such research, if it leave two unrelated species ina mixed-identity situation?

Shouldn't cloning have some ground rules set befor it is followed so very enthusuatically?

well i think by doing such experiments we are only trying to prove that we can be gods.

why dont we respect the nature and let things be in their natural state,experimenting is in human nature but playing with life and trying to be god ,now thats wrong!

clonning is disguised as an experiment for the sake of betterment of humanity ,a step ahead in science,but in my opinion their are better and more critical issues on which scientists should put their creativity and brains to,,,the most important issue is 'saving the earth from humans and pollution'

• 8 years later...

Stem cells are good for cell regeneration as well. Outside the United States stem cell science along with other youth rejuvenation techniques like HgH and gene splicing are used within high circles.