Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#166    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,761 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 03 October 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

You may not watch msm but many do.  I wouldn`t call RP a crackpot. He just doesn`t quit fit the one sided coin the pub vs dem represent.  I`m not rooting for Obama nor Romney.  I`m just basing Obama as the so called winner by how easy american voters get swayed. Nothing more nothing less.

As far as who is best for the job goes, neither.
I don't watch Judge Judy or Jerry Springer either...but many do...but I am extremely confident that they are too lazy to go vote...and besides that...Americans are fed up with Obama...fed up I say!

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#167    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,697 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

View PostTiggs, on 02 October 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Evidence that Obama lied about Fast and Furious, please.
I did not specifically say Obama lied. He only helped cover it up. He let the ATF off the hook and directly caused the Contempt of Congress vote on Holder.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#168    joc

joc

• 12,761 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

Posted ImageTiggs, on 02 October 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:
Evidence that Obama lied about Fast and Furious, please.
He did try and blame it on Bush (like everything else) by saying that Fast and Furious began under Bush's tenor.  It didn't.  Now...was that a truthful statement or was he lying?  Or...are we to believe that he is just plain stupid...neither is a very good recommendation for continuing in the Oval Office. :no:

Edited by joc, 03 October 2012 - 04:07 AM.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#169    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,697 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 03 October 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

You may not watch msm but many do.  I wouldn`t call RP a crackpot. He just doesn`t quit fit the one sided coin the pub vs dem represent.  I`m not rooting for Obama nor Romney.  I`m just basing Obama as the so called winner by how easy american voters get swayed. Nothing more nothing less.

As far as who is best for the job goes, neither.
Personnally, if I'm being offered two turdsandwiches, I'll take the one I've not already taken a bite out of. I KNOW that one sucks because I've already experienced it. So I say let the new guy have a shot.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#170    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,259 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

View Postjoc, on 18 September 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

Most Americans had jobs and were paying their mortgages during the Bush era.  Unemployment was in the 4 and 5 percent range for the majority of his tenor.  
Who was it that said...uh...It's the economy stupid! ?  Well, It's still the economy stupid!  (I am not calling you stupid).   This economy was caused by fear that Obama would do exactly what he has done...and because of that fear, a lot of people pulled out of the stock market...as a result, a lot of corporations had to lay off a lot of people, and this all happened prior to the election.  As soon as the election was a done deal...this fear of Obamanomics went on steroids.   ....and all of Obama's horses and all of Obama's men could not and can not and never will put this economy back together again.

After Bush's reelection to a second term, I made DAMN sure I could pay my mortgage on a near minimum wage job and made sure I was in a position to support myself should I lose my job. I KNEW it was all going to burst. We might have had jobs and were paying our mortgages but only a MORON couldn't have seen that it was all going to come crashing down and that we were living on borrowed time and borrowed money. I did lose my job prior to the 2008 elections (two of them actually!) luckily I did recognize that the house of cards he built couldn't stay standing. I still have my house and I do have a job again (it took a LONG time get one) and my job is at 60% LESS than what I made before. Good thing I chose not to wear the blinders that were handed out from 2000-2008.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#171    joc

joc

• 12,761 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 03 October 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

After Bush's reelection to a second term, I made DAMN sure I could pay my mortgage on a near minimum wage job and made sure I was in a position to support myself should I lose my job. I KNEW it was all going to burst. We might have had jobs and were paying our mortgages but only a MORON couldn't have seen that it was all going to come crashing down and that we were living on borrowed time and borrowed money. I did lose my job prior to the 2008 elections (two of them actually!) luckily I did recognize that the house of cards he built couldn't stay standing. I still have my house and I do have a job again (it took a LONG time get one) and my job is at 60% LESS than what I made before. Good thing I chose not to wear the blinders that were handed out from 2000-2008.
Pray tell...cause I really want to know...how does anyone pay a mortgage with a 'near minimum wage job'.   Your income and everyone else's income has been greatly reduced Miss Wells.  But not because of the Bush era...this economy is Obama's.  Plain and simple.  Are you getting a check from the government?  Just curious how you pay your mortgage and live on 60% less than minimum wage.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#172    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 03 October 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

I did not specifically say Obama lied. He only helped cover it up. He let the ATF off the hook and directly caused the Contempt of Congress vote on Holder.

There's still an active operation in play. Would you rather that he got the people still in the field killed to satisfy Congress' curiosity?

View Postjoc, on 03 October 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

He did try and blame it on Bush (like everything else) by saying that Fast and Furious began under Bush's tenor.  It didn't.  Now...was that a truthful statement or was he lying?  Or...are we to believe that he is just plain stupid...neither is a very good recommendation for continuing in the Oval Office. :no:

Unless you're privvy to the active operation that's still in play - then you have no idea when the operation started.

#173    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,143 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

View Postjoc, on 03 October 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

Your income and everyone else's income has been greatly reduced Miss Wells.  But not because of the Bush era...this economy is Obama's.  Plain and simple.

You don't get to almost crash the entire world's economy and then blame it on the guy who get's the job of fixing it.

#174    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostTiggs, on 03 October 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

You don't get to almost crash the entire world's economy and then blame it on the guy who get's the job of fixing it.

Oh sure we do

*fights the urge of putting up the Bush poster again*

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#175    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,920 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 03 October 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

Personnally, if I'm being offered two turdsandwiches, I'll take the one I've not already taken a bite out of. I KNOW that one sucks because I've already experienced it. So I say let the new guy have a shot.

Why? The ingrediance are written right on the wrapper. Its the exact same sandwhich.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#176    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,920 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostTiggs, on 03 October 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

But he claimed he would fix it. Was hired to fix it. Sure he cant be blamed for breaking it originaly,( though he did support everything that helped cause it) but he sure can be blamed for not doing what he said he would do.

#177    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 03 October 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

But he claimed he would fix it. Was hired to fix it. Sure he cant be blamed for breaking it originaly,( though he did support everything that helped cause it) but he sure can be blamed for not doing what he said he would do.

As long as he had a large enough majority on the hill he actually was making steps in the right direction. Which is something that has to be said too. Those efforts stopped when do-nothing-Boehner started to be speaker of the house. And that has also to be said.

Whether I always agreed on how it was done may be a different story.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#178    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,920 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 October 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

As long as he had a large enough majority on the hill he actually was making steps in the right direction. Which is something that has to be said too. Those efforts stopped when do-nothing-Boehner started to be speaker of the house. And that has also to be said.

Whether I always agreed on how it was done may be a different story.

I guess some might see it that way. Personaly I dont see any steps in the right direction. In fact once he reapointed Ben Bernanky it became official that he never had any intention of fixing anything. At this point its obvious his global agenda and his desire to make his rich buddies een richer takes top shelf. At our expense.

#179    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Thought I saw something about the DOW being at a four year high and that while unemployment is still high Obama is at the point where more jobs have been created than lost since he's been in office. So while he hasn't be great at fixing the economy it doesn't look like he's been horrible either.

Besides the GOP campaign has been nothing but a train wreck. I can understand not liking Obama but I can't see how Romney would do any better. Unless Romney can do great in the debates I can't see how he can pull out a victory.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#180    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

View PostCorp, on 03 October 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Thought I saw something about the DOW being at a four year high and that while unemployment is still high Obama is at the point where more jobs have been created than lost since he's been in office. So while he hasn't be great at fixing the economy it doesn't look like he's been horrible either.

Besides the GOP campaign has been nothing but a train wreck. I can understand not liking Obama but I can't see how Romney would do any better. Unless Romney can do great in the debates I can't see how he can pull out a victory.

Even the debates won't help him, won't take a week before caught with his foot in his mouth again.

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users