Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eli Wright

Rickety

Okay so I went to work the other day and was talking to a friend of mine when he brought up this journal that he had in his possession, we were talking about horror and my new idea for a horror series, and he brings up this journal that he had from one of his ancestors that was written in 1821 and that the things described in it were very strange and very creepy. Well he brough with him today and he let me read some of it and it was very very strange.

The journal starts off by saying something to the effect of "I am to the point where I now require a human host." that in itself is creepy. But the rest of the journal is nothing short of shocking. It goes on to talk about some of his life, and how he required the "red drink" (he goes on to reveal that this is blood) to survive. It speaks of how he once went 65 days without drinking human blood and that he was very weak and disoriented, he could feel pain very very clearly and that he was near the point of death before he partook in blood once again.

There are many different details in the journal, like him talking about the love of his life "Elise" who killed herself at the age of 19 two years after his manor burned down, while reading about his love dying there are droplets of blood all over the pages, we assumed that this was from him crying and that he must have been crying blood, because the pattern of droplets was that of tears. He goes on to talk about many many things, his journey to America and how he came here during the civil war, he speaks about General Lee and his surrender, he says that he wished to meet General Lee because he must have been a man of peace for knowing when to surrender. He also speaks about Abraham Lincolns assassination and that he regrets not being able to meet him in person, because he saw him as a man of great intelligence.

The book also goes on to describe his experience with World War II and how "Those who had left, selflessly sacrificed for those whom they had left behind." speaking, of course, about the Americans fighting with and for the English. He also draws a pictogram of an airplane dropping bombs over England and there are three bubbles underneath the plane, one labeled "America" to the left, "England" in the middle and "Germany" to the right. He also writes swastikas to represent the Nazi regime, and goes on to speak about the Jews being gassed.

He also wrote out little formulas, they were in picture form, but they went something like this:

Blood+Fangs=Invigoration

Fangs-Blood=Weakness

Scent of Blood+Fangs=Frenzy

Fangs+Blood Over 10 Days=Strengthened

Fangs-Blood Over 10 Days=Fatigue

Food+Fangs=Weakness

Blood+Food+Fangs=Strengthened

Broken Bone+10 Days=Healed Bone

There were one or two more but I can't remember them right now. It's all very strange and cryptic. At the end of the journal he writes about life as one of these creatures, speaking how he wasn't like the others and didn't delight, or take pleasure in killing humans for the blood. He speaks about how he has to fake rest around humans because he can't sleep at night, he also talks about how, if he spends too much time in the sun, he will collapse and slowly die, but he can stay out longer right after drinking blood. At the very end of the journal he writes

"See You Soon.

Eli- 1984"

He was speaking to his journal, he does this many times throughout the journal, like it's his best friend, I guess because that's all he has to release his thoughts.

One of the oddest things is how he stays around. He says that he has to take on many identities and start his life over many times, the way he does this is by forcing amnesia upon himself, he explains the process of doing so as draining enough blood to the point that he passes out, then a person has to smother him, putting him into a coma, and when he wakes he remembers very very little of everything beforehand.

The journal is very very old, written on cloth paper, with the ink set in very deeply, as is the blood, it is dried and brown. The leather that makes up the cover of the book is very frayed and torn and extrememly old and the pages are frayed, very wrinkled and extremely aged, there's no doubt that this journal is old.

My question to you is, has anyone ever heard of this Eli Wright? For all intensive purposes this could be documentation of an actual, living vampire, not like the mainstream projection of them, but a real, actual, blood sucking vampire.

My friend wants to see if he can find more journals, there's a reoccuring symbol of a crose, even on all sides, with dots on each extension, and they seem to correspond to locations, he wants to see if there are more journals and he wants me to go with him.

Never heard of Eli Wright. His journal is truly disturbing. I'm wondering if he had an over-active creative imagination, or lived entirely "in his head", or was mentally ill. It's odd that he signed off with 1984. Was he planning to live that long, or reincarnate at that time, or who knows?

Could you scan a page for us?

Never heard of Eli Wright. His journal is truly disturbing. I'm wondering if he had an over-active creative imagination, or lived entirely "in his head", or was mentally ill. It's odd that he signed off with 1984. Was he planning to live that long, or reincarnate at that time, or who knows?

Could you scan a page for us?

My friend has the journal, next time he brings it I can take a picture of it. The oddest part is that he looked up his ancestry and it said "Eli Wright 1804-????" so there's no record of his death at all. I find it very odd that he was born in 1804, started writing the journal in 1821, when he would have been 17 (there is a passage I forgot to mention that said he would forever appear as a 17 year aged male) and it stops at 1984. The last page was ripped out, but there were a couple of words we could make out, it said "I leave this-" and "I hope-" ending with the start of his signature. It is truly disturbing, but also very fascinating that this journal exists.

Another interesting thing is that he wrote, at one point "It has been over 50 years since the last time I saw Elise." that one was very odd because he never really gave much of a time frame until I that point, and of course the 1984 reference. It's just very odd that he could have described events like the civil war and world war II in such detail as if he was there and experienced these things himself. The blood in the journal is also very disturbing.

My friend has the journal, next time he brings it I can take a picture of it. The oddest part is that he looked up his ancestry and it said "Eli Wright 1804-????" so there's no record of his death at all. I find it very odd that he was born in 1804, started writing the journal in 1821, when he would have been 17 (there is a passage I forgot to mention that said he would forever appear as a 17 year aged male) and it stops at 1984. The last page was ripped out, but there were a couple of words we could make out, it said "I leave this-" and "I hope-" ending with the start of his signature. It is truly disturbing, but also very fascinating that this journal exists.

Another interesting thing is that he wrote, at one point "It has been over 50 years since the last time I saw Elise." that one was very odd because he never really gave much of a time frame until I that point, and of course the 1984 reference. It's just very odd that he could have described events like the civil war and world war II in such detail as if he was there and experienced these things himself. The blood in the journal is also very disturbing.

From your first post:

"There are many different details in the journal, like him talking about the love of his life "Elise" who killed herself at the age of 19 two years after his manor burned down"

+++

Elias Wright

Born 1800 in South Carolina, United States

Son of [father unknown] and [mother unknown]

[sibling(s) unknown]

Husband of Eliza UNKNOWN — married [date unknown] [location unknown]

Father of Isham Wright

Died [date unknown] [location unknown]

http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Wright-6151

http://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/WRIGHT

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

must be a big journal if its from those dates lol, i have friends who fill up book sized journals up in a year. still cool story but cant believe it till you scan some pages for authenticity. (not that you have to prove anything to me)

very interested and hope your not trolling lol

From your first post:

"There are many different details in the journal, like him talking about the love of his life "Elise" who killed herself at the age of 19 two years after his manor burned down"

+++

Elias Wright

Born 1800 in South Carolina, United States

Son of [father unknown] and [mother unknown]

[sibling(s) unknown]

Husband of Eliza UNKNOWN — married [date unknown] [location unknown]

Father of Isham Wright

Died [date unknown] [location unknown]

http://www.wikitree....iki/Wright-6151

http://www.wikitree....enealogy/WRIGHT

I think you may have the wrong Eli Wright lol this Eli Wright was born in Liverpool, England in 1804 and writes about "Elise" not "Eliza" the similarities between the two Eli Wrights are very interesting but this is a different Eli Wright. He did go to Fort Sumter, SC when he first came to the states, but it seems like he came here between 1850 and 1880 because he speaks about the civil war, General Lee and Abraham Lincoln. I go back to work tommorrow, I'm not sure if my friend will be working or not, the best I can do is take some pictures of the journal, unless he lets me scan some pages in, it's not mine so I can't really take it and he's kind of secretive about it so I doubt he'll let me take it and scan it, but he might allow me to take a couple of pictures of it, don't worry, I have a camera that can take some pretty good, detailed pictures, so you'll be able to see some pretty clear features of the journal. I will ask him if I can scan it though, just in case he'll allow it.

Trust me lol I am not trolling about this, when he told me about it I was like "Do you really expect me to believe this?" but then when he brought it in and I read the pages for myself I was dumbfounded at the contents.

must be a big journal if its from those dates lol, i have friends who fill up book sized journals up in a year. still cool story but cant believe it till you scan some pages for authenticity. (not that you have to prove anything to me)

very interested and hope your not trolling lol

It's actually not very big, I haven't counted the pages yet but I would imagine that it's around 50-75 pages long. He seemed to have only written in it when something important to him happened, or when he found out something new about his condition. Also historic things like the Civil War and World War II.

But that's why we think there are more journals, maybe he wrote down more important things in other journals, or maybe he continues on about some of the things in the journal.

We've noticed that one of the symbols seems to be drawn on a mosuleum, I looked up London Cemeteries and it seems like he was drawing the mosuleums in Highgate Cemetery. I think that's our best lead.

• 2 weeks later...

does he go into any details of the Civil War etc that might make you think that he was experiencing those events and not inserting himslef into them?

Angels Shadow,

Please don't abandon this thread.

He left, and also left no copies of that journal.

Either there's nothing left to post, or this whole thing was pulled from a tall black hat.

Edited by Abramelin

And there was me eagerly reading though post eagerly expecting to see the top of a photo emerge as I scrolled down. If this thing was real I sure would have liked to have those pictures Shame.

In my opinion the journal would have been easy to forge and easier for someone to make up a story about it. There is a near unlimited amount of Lore on Vampires as well as history on both the American Civil War and WW2, it would be child's play to insert yourself or a character into those situations.

Would love to see pictures to better make a judgement, lets hope he returns.

He left, and also left no copies of that journal.

Either there's nothing left to post, or this whole thing was pulled from a tall black hat.

Must be that time of the year when the sock puppets come out, pity as this one was vaguely interesting,

I think you may have the wrong Eli Wright lol this Eli Wright was born in Liverpool, England in 1804 and writes about "Elise" not "Eliza" the similarities between the two Eli Wrights are very interesting but this is a different Eli Wright.

As someone that plays around with Ancestory.com quite a bit, I can say that the difference between Elise and Eliza is very slight. The rules were not so firm on names back then and so someone could easily be called Eliza (For Elizabeth), by one family member and Elise (Again for Elizabeth) (There were a lot of Elisabeths back then). One could even be her Official government (Taxes/Census) name and the other her Pet/Husband name.

Interestingly, when I put Eli Wright 1804, Liverpool England into the Ancestory engine, it returned zero hit. So I went more generic and opened it up to All England for 1799 to 1809 birth year, and still got zero hits. So, your Eli Wright either did not exist, was "off the books" for Taxes and Census, or cleared up all his past records after... dun, dun, duuuuuuuhhhh... becoming a Vampire.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3

Must be that time of the year when the sock puppets come out, pity as this one was vaguely interesting,

Let's be charitable and hope the Boojun got 'im.

Besides, any self-respecting real vampire's journal would fantasize about tying Anne Rice to a kitchen chair and talking at her for 350 hours nonstop.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

i am hoping he comes back with some report or pics.....i am really interested to see this for myself .......................

come back please lol

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone!! I know it has been quite some time since I've posted on this, a lot has happened and my life was filled with many different things that turned out amazing and then crashed and burned... Anyway... What I wanted to do was let you guys know that I have the pictures that I promised from two years ago and here they are villainzero.tumblr.com if you go to that address then there are 12 pictures posted of Eli Wright's Diary.

I've read a lot of 19th century letters and diaries, and have tried imitating a few different period handwriting styles. I've also seen quite a few attempts to do the same by many people, in living-history situations.

For modern people, one of the hardest parts of imitating 19th century handwriting is getting the lower-case p's right.

Just saying. :whistle:

Trust me, had you known the person who in possession of this book, you would know that he would have no problem replicating something as simple as a "19th century lower case p" he's had the diary tested and the blood came back with mixed results, it was identified as blood, but they said there was something "odd" about the DNA structure of it. The age of the book has been authenticated as a self woven diary from the 1800s.

I also fail to see what a fictional character page that was made last year has to do with this diary, the name is the same but this book is much older, even if it was a fabrication of this guys own design, I saw it and read it two years ago, that page is only one year old.

how was the diary authenticated?

who authenticated it?

was the blood tested?

for DNA?

there lot of geneticists in this forum..show them the DNA report.

my 2 cents - i doubt that this diary is a product of the 19th century. the English usage is very modern. the ink has not faded off though the paper looks faded as in when treated to look old.

and the vampire character i linked has lot matching with the stuff you wrote about eli wright.

Me thinks there is product placement in here!! :yes:

• Like 2

I already said the blood was tested, actually READ my posts and you'll see that. The DNA result came back as "abnormal" I've had my fair share of dealing with geneticists, I have a rare genetic condition, I'm missing a protein in my DNA so my DNA results are considered "abnormal" the age was authenticated through a study of the age of the leather and parchment, he sent it to Texas A&M and they tested the fibers of the pages and the skin used in the leather.

I honestly don't think the fact that the ink hasn't faded has anything to do with trying to debunk this thing, look up any diary from the 1800s and you'll see about the same thing as far as the ink. Look, you want to say "I've done my research" and me and this guy are kind of like "That's cute" because we've been doing our research on this thing for quite some time. We even had a man with a masters degree in language arts take a look at it, he told us that the serifs in the handwriting were consistent with what you would have seen in a 17 year olds handwritting in the 19th century.

Looks like an authentic book that has had added to it (written on blank pages that were not previously) other material. I've been translating my wife's G-G-G grandfathers journal dated from 1836 these past few years and find the India ink and paper less vivid than what is shown but I'm not an expert in such things.

Edited by Hanslune

Trust me, had you known the person who in possession of this book, you would know that he would have no problem replicating something as simple as a "19th century lower case p"

Maybe I expressed it a bit too subtly. Just noticed the writer had a little trouble, that would be typical of someone who learned to write in the 20th or early 21st century. That's all.

The age of the book has been authenticated as a self woven diary from the 1800s.

Self-woven? Most diaries of that period were written on linen paper though of course cloth wouldn't be out of the question, and original blank pieces of both are still fairly available today for someone to write on and create their own period-testing diary--though my feeling is that's not the level of detail attempted here. But "self-woven" is not a phrase I'd expect to see from someone who tests the age of paper or cloth. Could you explain what it means?

Example of writing from 1836 India ink bleeding through

rn547260c1.png