Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The murder of Cheri Jo Bates

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#136    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:44 PM

Al
Cheri Jo Bates hadblond hair when she was killed, however her natural color was dark brown.
Betty Lou Jensen, Zodiac's first female victim, had dark hair.
Darlene Ferrin, Zodiac's second female victim, had blond hair.
Cecelia Shepard, Zodiac's third female victim, had blond hair.

You have a very interesting theory but i don't think The color of the Hair was very important for Zodiac. But still maybe i'm wrong, we don't know a lot about the killer anyway....Anything is possible.

#137    WORKING CLASS AL

WORKING CLASS AL

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:25 AM

Nah bro.....I don't think he solely picked his victim by hair color, but many criminals have a particular type that seems to call to them.  I thought if the other Zodiac Victims had blonde/light hair , that maybe it would just be another factor that would lend credence to Cheri Jo being a Zodiac victim.  What is the class at U. that you will be talking about all that....Victimology?  It sucks, I went back to college for a minute and my Admin. Of Justice Professor didn't get to Victimology before I had to quit!! --Bummer. <_<

You posted a few back ago about other freaks that were prowling the Riverside area at the time of Cheri Jo's murder huh?

Let’s drink to the causes in your life:
Your Family, your Friends, the Union , your Wife

“ Boys on the dock”
The Dropkick Murphys

#138    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:56 AM

View PostWORKING CLASS AL, on 31 October 2010 - 02:25 AM, said:

Nah bro.....I don't think he solely picked his victim by hair color, but many criminals have a particular type that seems to call to them.  I thought if the other Zodiac Victims had blonde/light hair , that maybe it would just be another factor that would lend credence to Cheri Jo being a Zodiac victim.  What is the class at U. that you will be talking about all that....Victimology?  It sucks, I went back to college for a minute and my Admin. Of Justice Professor didn't get to Victimology before I had to quit!! --Bummer. <_<

You posted a few back ago about other freaks that were prowling the Riverside area at the time of Cheri Jo's murder huh?
Well right now i study in Psychologie sociale, then it's gonna be Criminologie (Criminology.
Sorry for the college class, maybe you will have more chance next time if you go back.

Well Cheri Jo's murder is the most famous and only unsolved murder in the history of Riverside. However there is a case name "The Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murders". Between 1972 and 1973 Santa Rosa, California experienced the killings of seven young women whose murders have never been solved.  An eighth probable victim disappeared and her body has never been located.  All of the victims were known to hitchhike, a popular mode of transportation during that time. Santa Rosa is near Riverside so some people think that maybe Cheri Jo was one of the first victim of the Santa Rosa serial killer, who was never caught. Personnaly i don't think Cheri Jo was killed by the Santa Rosa serial killer, but then again i can be wrong. Some people think that Zodiac was the Santa Rosa killer, some people think Arthur Leigh Allen was the Santa Rosa killer.....Sadly nobody know the answer.

#139    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

a 'zodiac killer' never existed. the whole thing was a cover up by the vallejo PD to hide some sort of drugs ring.

#140    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:18 PM

View Postdekker87, on 01 November 2010 - 02:28 PM, said:

a 'zodiac killer' never existed. the whole thing was a cover up by the vallejo PD to hide some sort of drugs ring.
Yeah i have heard of this theory. I'm sure the murder of Darlene Ferrin was drug related, she was dealing drugs at one point in her life and she wasn't really well liked by some people. However it's only a theory, In my opinion The Zodiac was a serial killer and not a cover up by the police, but it's a very interesting theory.

#141    dekker87

dekker87

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:22 PM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 01 November 2010 - 05:18 PM, said:

Yeah i have heard of this theory. I'm sure the murder of Darlene Ferrin was drug related, she was dealing drugs at one point in her life and she wasn't really well liked by some people. However it's only a theory, In my opinion The Zodiac was a serial killer and not a cover up by the police, but it's a very interesting theory.

the murder at berryessa is the flaw in my theory yet i beleive this was carried out by bruce davis - the manson family fella..

#142    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

View Postdekker87, on 01 November 2010 - 07:22 PM, said:

the murder at berryessa is the flaw in my theory yet i beleive this was carried out by bruce davis - the manson family fella..
It's a possibility my friend, even if after 10 years of research i think Bruce Davis is not the Zodiac, but again i can be wrong. That's what's so fascinating about the Zodiac Killer case, almost everything is a mystery, that's why the case is so popular. I first heard about the case 10 years ago, when i was 15, i have 3 books about the case, have/had many conversations via emails with some ex investigators in the case....It's by far the most fascinating case in the history of the United States, no doubt about that.

#143    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:54 AM

Soem of them dont have a specific type, they just pick the first thing they see..that happened to me one night, where there was no 'pre-stalking' it was total stranger out of no where, who attacked me while on my walk..so it can be just randomly that you happened to be at the wrong place wrong time haha. But erm I did have dreams over 5 yrs ago of a string of 10 women dead but that was not hte zodiac that was tha NJ killer and he did kill based on blonde hair, though I've seen each one kill for different 'reasons'.  But heck gov't kills more people than any serial killer could dream of

#144    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:32 AM

Thanks for sharing Puri, shame a thing like that happened to you.

Well I don't think Cheri Jo was at the wrong place, wrong time, I still think she knew her killer(s), and i know you agree with that too. As for the Zodiac case...Hard to say. Some people think Zodiac knew Darlene Ferrin, some people think Zodiac knew Paul Stine....Hard to know the truth.
I would love to know more about the NJ serial Killer when you have time, Pur, all of this is very interesting, as always.

#145    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:29 AM

Other thing about the theory that Zodiac was a creation, was a cover up by the vallejo PD to hide some sort of drugs ring. The more i think about it the more i think it can't be true. i mean How do you explain the fact that The writing on Brian Hartnell's car and the writing of the letters were the same ??? How do you explain the killer at Berryessa wearing a hood with the Zodiac symbol on it if the killer nerver really existed ??? How do you explain the fact that Zodiac included a piece of Paul Stine's shirt in the letter he sent shortly after his murder ?? Some eyewitnesses saw the whole thing, there was really a killer that night, and that killer was really Zodiac since he included a piece of the Victim's shirt.

Again the theory is interesting but no evidence back it up. More evidences back the fact it was simply a madman, killing to satisfy a need and killing to be famous. The Zodiac wrote moe than 21 letters/cards over the years, here is the evidence, I know the police could have write them all but i don't think they did.

#146    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,118 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:52 PM

I know this is slightly off-topic but it just crossed my mind and I want to post it before I forget.

Have you ever noticed that the majority of the most infamous and widely reported cases of missing-persons and unsolved murders in Western society have victims who have very distinct things in common?

They are young.
They are female.
They are white.
They are middle-class or rich.

I wonder why? Hmmm?  lol

Edited by Eldorado, 07 November 2010 - 09:53 PM.

#147    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:01 PM

I don't know if you were serious El (The "lol" at the end make me skeptical) but i think you have a great point. Well i think it's safe to say that most Serial Killers are loners who have a hard time finding a girlfriend, having a hard time to have normal sexual intercourse, and have a hard time having a social life...My point is that the Young, attractive, middle-class female is something the loner/killer desire but can't have, so in his mind it's only logical for him to kille her, to kill what he can't have, that way NOBODY will have her and he won't feel rejected or he won't feel alone and like a loser when he see her walking down the street.
Only my point of view. Sound simple but i think i might be right.

Edited by JonathanVonErich, 07 November 2010 - 10:04 PM.

#148    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,118 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:18 PM

I was making the point, JVE that the mass-media are more interested in, and highlight more, cases where the victims tick all the right boxes, i.e. being white, female, young and middle class.

A story of a poor, black boy being missing presumed murdered does not have the same impact, sadly.

Edited by Eldorado, 07 November 2010 - 10:21 PM.

#149    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:29 PM

View PostEldorado, on 07 November 2010 - 10:18 PM, said:

I was making the point, JVE that the mass-media are more interested in, and highlight more, cases where the victims tick all the right boxes, i.e. being white, female, young and middle class.

A story of a poor, black boy being missing presumed murdered does not have the same impact, sadly.
Oh i see El, yeah great point, i read articles and saw some debate about that. Yeah, seems the media are more interested of talking about white, middle class victims than black or latin-american victims who live in poverty. I think you are 200% right and think you have a great point, and you are not off-topic, i think you have a great point my friend.

#150    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,896 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:24 AM

View PostEldorado, on 07 November 2010 - 10:18 PM, said:

That is a very good point Eldorado. It took a very long time and a lot of missing kids before the Atlanta Child Killer was taken seriously. I still wonder if they got the right guy there.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users