Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ancient gold necklace worn by shop assistant

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Owlscrying

Owlscrying

• 13,909 posts

•    

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:22 AM

August 2
Archaeologists have found a valuable ancient gold necklace being worn by a cashier in a Bulgarian grocery after it was dug up by her husband.

Boris Todorov, 43, from Karlovo in Bulgaria dug up hundreds of fine gold rings from a field on his farm and put them together to make a gift for his wife.

But it was spotted by a group of archaeologists from the Bulgarian National Museum of History who were passing through - and went into her shop to buy provisions.

They immediately identified the necklace as extremely valuable and now say it dates back to 3,000 years BC.

The Director of the Bulgarian National Museum of History, said: "They almost passed out when they saw what the woman was wearing. It is a stunning discovery."

Experts believe a local civilisation buried jewels in fields as part of an elaborate prayer ritual.
go

#2    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,749 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:31 AM

August 2
Archaeologists have found a valuable ancient gold necklace being worn by a cashier in a Bulgarian grocery after it was dug up by her husband.

Boris Todorov, 43, from Karlovo in Bulgaria dug up hundreds of fine gold rings from a field on his farm and put them together to make a gift for his wife.

But it was spotted by a group of archaeologists from the Bulgarian National Museum of History who were passing through - and went into her shop to buy provisions.

They immediately identified the necklace as extremely valuable and now say it dates back to 3,000 years BC.

The Director of the Bulgarian National Museum of History, said: "They almost passed out when they saw what the woman was wearing. It is a stunning discovery."

Experts believe a local civilisation buried jewels in fields as part of an elaborate prayer ritual.
go

Wow, I hope he didn't actually cut them to get them all together.  I bet she almost fell over once they explained how old they were.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#3    Themis

Themis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:38 AM

I was hoping there would be pictures!

The hoard would have been about 1'000BC... I'll have to check my timelines but that would make it borderline Bronze Age/Iron Age... What a find... that kind of thing is really rare...

Must have been amazing to wear it even for a short time!

Stand up and be counted. Sit down and be applauded. But don't, whatever you do, lie down and let someone walk all over you :)

Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world; all knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

CLICK HERE TO follow me to the Paranormal Border's

#4    swtp

swtp

Alien Abducter

• 4,702 posts

• It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:44 AM

Wow, I hope he didn't actually cut them to get them all together.  I bet she almost fell over once they explained how old they were.

Exactly what i was thinking! I,d love to see the  pics if anyone finds them!

#5    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,749 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:52 PM

Exactly what i was thinking! I,d love to see the  pics if anyone finds them!

Me, too!  It makes you wonder what else the man dug up.  There could be some really cool things, I hope they keep coming out with articles on it.

#6    Legatus Legionis

Legatus Legionis

Bellcross

• 3,177 posts

• Everything that the human race has done and thought is concerned with the satisfaction of deeply felt needs and the assuagement of pain

Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:25 PM

STUNNING DISCOVERY INDEED! who would have thought that while your shopping you accidentally " discovered " an ancient artifact wore by a sales lady.

#7    Elyn

Elyn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

• Knowledge is power-
    Open your mind

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:39 PM

I don't know Bulgarian law, but do you think she got to keep anything?  I think I would want to give or loan pieces to a museum.

#8    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,749 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

I don't know Bulgarian law, but do you think she got to keep anything?  I think I would want to give or loan pieces to a museum.

In the very least, her and her husband should get a finders fee of a fee hundred thousand if not in the millions if they can't keep the items.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users