Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mystery 'primate' spotted in a UK park

terri leigh cox shaun bessant primate park

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

Another case of someone taking a wide picture outside, seeing something odd in it later, zooming in on it 500%, then making an amazing tale about the strange splotch in the photo.

#47    E. L. Wisty

E. L. Wisty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Is it just me, or would other people have failed to guess that the object in this photo was supposed to be a chimpanzee, or even alive, if we hadn't been told in advance? Its legs are oddly stiff, they're all at exactly the same angle, and I can't tell whether or not it has a head. I don't think that's any kind of ape. I think that's most likely a barbecue.

Hey, if you want to see a really, really good photo - well, a much better one than this - of a strange animal loose in the UK, remember the Essex Lion from a few months ago? The one the police sent up helicopters to look for and everything? Here's the kind of stunningly convincing evidence it takes to get British coppers seriously interested:

http://www.dailymail...t.html?ITO=1490

The fact that they are not currently looking for an escaped ape with helicopters speaks volumes...

#48    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,549 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostE. L. Wisty, on 29 March 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

Is it just me, or would other people have failed to guess that the object in this photo was supposed to be a chimpanzee, or even alive, if we hadn't been told in advance? Its legs are oddly stiff, they're all at exactly the same angle, and I can't tell whether or not it has a head. I don't think that's any kind of ape. I think that's most likely a barbecue.

Hey, if you want to see a really, really good photo - well, a much better one than this - of a strange animal loose in the UK, remember the Essex Lion from a few months ago? The one the police sent up helicopters to look for and everything? Here's the kind of stunningly convincing evidence it takes to get British coppers seriously interested:

http://www.dailymail...t.html?ITO=1490

The fact that they are not currently looking for an escaped ape with helicopters speaks volumes...

Lions and tigers and bears! Oh my!
I love really large lion-like long hair housecats. We've had a couple. The one in the photo looks just like my mom's late cat.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#49    JamieSymptom

JamieSymptom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

That picture is most likely a barbeque. They often have three splayed identical length legs and no heads.

Posted Image

#50    Zero2Hero

Zero2Hero

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

As with all of these stories, regardless of the picture, it's a case of whether you believe the story or not.
So, the young lady in question saw the "monkey" climb a tree. Surely the tree's aren't that big that you wouldn't see it sitting in the tree....right?
We need some good old fashioned UM detective work here....anyone know what park this is in Dorset?

#51    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,522 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

This is so funny. You all act like there are no such things as chimps. The asnwer could be as simple as someone illegally owning one and it getting away from them. Instead you act like it's a cryptid and start debunking it.

God, if someone took a picture of an alligator in Florida and it wasn't clear people would make a big deal out of it. :rolleyes:

#52    G Reaper

G Reaper

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

• Believe

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

So i see, i should just take pics with me camera and as soon as i get a blurry photo i can make a story out of it by saying this is the UFO encounter and so forth, man i never thought 15 minutes of fame was that easy.

#53    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Can anyone confirm the whereabouts of Ian Brown when this photo was taken?

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users