Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Report: Feinstein’s AW ban did not work.

aztek

The nonprofit news organization Pro Publica has a story out Wednesday saying one of Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s first achievements upon taking office more than two decades ago didn’t work.

That’s her assault weapons ban, which passed the Senate by one vote in 1994 during the Clinton administration. The ban expired a decade later, during the George W. Bush administration, and Feinstein has been trying to pass it again ever since.

“A definitive study of the 1994 law — which prohibited the manufacture and sale of semiautomatic guns with ‘military-style features’ such pistol grips or bayonet mounts as well as magazines holding more than 10 bullets — found no evidence that it had reduced overall gun crime or made shootings less lethal,” Pro Publica wrote

http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election/2014/09/24/report-dianne-feinsteins-assault-gun-ban-didnt-work/

• Like 2

They NEVER give up - and we better not either! People who think that the second amendment cannot be neutered are fools.

• Like 1

The woman is a menace to Liberty...

feinstein_zps784e4e9f.jpg

It's apparent that California is going to elect Feinstein and Pelosi until they are corpses...why?...I'll never know...kinda like I don't understand why Arizona continues to elect the dinosaur McCain...when South Carolina continued to elect Strom Thurmond and W.Va. kept electing Robert Byrd.

Some folks don't get the idea that the longer someone holds office...the more likely they are to become corrupted or compromised.

We have a chance to start making changes in just a couple of months...no incumbents!...but I am pretty sure I am just going to be disappointed again...

• Like 1

It's apparent that California is going to elect Feinstein and Pelosi until they are corpses...why?...I'll never know...kinda like I don't understand why Arizona continues to elect the dinosaur McCain...when South Carolina continued to elect Strom Thurmond and W.Va. kept electing Robert Byrd.

yea, I wonder why as well, :whistle:

Huh? A liberal law based on assumptions alone.... Who could have guessed that she would be wrong???

• Like 1

The nonprofit news organization Pro Publica has a story out Wednesday saying one of Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s first achievements upon taking office more than two decades ago didn’t work.

That’s her assault weapons ban, which passed the Senate by one vote in 1994 during the Clinton administration. The ban expired a decade later, during the George W. Bush administration, and Feinstein has been trying to pass it again ever since.

“A definitive study of the 1994 law — which prohibited the manufacture and sale of semiautomatic guns with ‘military-style features’ such pistol grips or bayonet mounts as well as magazines holding more than 10 bullets — found no evidence that it had reduced overall gun crime or made shootings less lethal,” Pro Publica wrote

http://blog.sfgate.c...ban-didnt-work/

Of course it didn't work because these types of weapons aren't really aren't a problem to begin with.

• Like 2