Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Crystal Skull (Lubaantun)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,214 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 04:23 AM

To date, there hasn't been a single crystal skull that has been able to show signs of construction prior to 150 years ago.  The famous M-H Skull is indeed a fake, not only do they have the purchaser, they also have the builder.  Likewise, several skulls have made their way to museums and, as part of the authentication process, they are scanned with an electron microscope.  There are grooves in the crystal that run parallel with each other, in the way that grooves from a polishing wheel do, as opposed to the random directions that hand polishing would result in.

In short, the crystal skulls are modern, machine made, and wrapped up with neat little mythical stories, as credible as the con-men that created them.

#17    smokejaguar

smokejaguar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(blazer2004 @ Sep 29 2004, 06:36 AM)
these skulls are over 30 thousand years this person i read on a site said 1 of the skulls had a message to us i dont remember the dam site if i find it ill will post it

View Post

First of all quarts can't be dated like organic material.As far as the "stories" of their use go I would say Tourism had a large part of these tales.The tales of the missing eyes,and the mystical powers of all the skulls together has probablely evolved over the years from some vague oral tradition.-usdi Agaluga

#18    smokejaguar

smokejaguar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(aquatus1 @ Sep 30 2004, 05:23 AM)
To date, there hasn't been a single crystal skull that has been able to show signs of construction prior to 150 years ago.  The famous M-H Skull is indeed a fake, not only do they have the purchaser, they also have the builder.  Likewise, several skulls have made their way to museums and, as part of the authentication process, they are scanned with an electron microscope.  There are grooves in the crystal that run parallel with each other, in the way that grooves from a polishing wheel do, as opposed to the random directions that hand polishing would result in.

In short, the crystal skulls are modern, machine made, and wrapped up with neat little mythical stories, as credible as the con-men that created them.

View Post

I don't know where you got your info but its not correct.Ive seen the video of the electron microscope and the other material  related to the studies by Honeywell etc..The M-H skull has no tool marks of any kind.And sinces its impossable to date crystal your 150 yr. date is meaningless.I don't care about any other skulls, but the M-H skull is so different than the others it stand alone.How and where it was found is documented.-usdi Agaluga

#19    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,214 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:48 PM

I don't know where you got your info but its not correct.Ive seen the video of the electron microscope and the other material related to the studies by Honeywell etc..The M-H skull has no tool marks of any kind.And sinces its impossable to date crystal your 150 yr. date is meaningless.I don't care about any other skulls, but the M-H skull is so different than the others it stand alone.How and where it was found is documented.-usdi Agaluga

See now, that is strange because I have also seen pictures from the electron microscope, and I clearly saw the evenly spaced marks of a buffing wheel.  I suppose it is your word against mine.

You did look at the pictures, right?  You didn't just read about it?  You didn't just look at nothing?

Dating crystal?  I'm talking about the receipt of purchase!

The M-H Skull (Skull of Doom) was allegedly discovered by a 17-year old Anna Mitchell-Hedges in 1924 with her adoptive father on an excavation of the ancient Mayan city of Lubaantun in Belize, on a search for Atlantis.   This clear quartz skull is about 5.25 inches high and weighs about 11 pounds. It superficially resembles stone skulls made by the Aztecs. The Aztec skulls are stylized, however.  
The Mitchell-Hedges skull is realistic with a detachable jaw.   Sidney Burney, and those who were on the Lubannatun expedition, denied that Mitchell-Hedges found the skull. Mitchell-Hedges himself never mentioned the skull until just after he bought it in 1943.

Dr. Joe Nickell, on the other hand, has incontravertible evidence which proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Mitchell-Hedges bought the skull at a Sotheby's sale in 1943 for 400.  This is very clearly seen through the receipt of sales, the auction house sales list, the inventory records, and the name and location of the skulls creator.  I am interested in what you refer to as documented when speaking of the skulls origin.    The story of Mitchell-Hedges and his daughter is just a story; in order for it to be documented, there has to be actual evidence that it occured in that manner.

Secrets of the Supernatural

#20    smokejaguar

smokejaguar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(aquatus1 @ Sep 30 2004, 02:48 PM)
I don't know where you got your info but its not correct.Ive seen the video of the electron microscope and the other material related to the studies by Honeywell etc..The M-H skull has no tool marks of any kind.And sinces its impossable to date crystal your 150 yr. date is meaningless.I don't care about any other skulls, but the M-H skull is so different than the others it stand alone.How and where it was found is documented.-usdi Agaluga

See now, that is strange because I have also seen pictures from the electron microscope, and I clearly saw the evenly spaced marks of a buffing wheel.  I suppose it is your word against mine.

You did look at the pictures, right?  You didn't just read about it?  You didn't just look at nothing?

Dating crystal?  I'm talking about the receipt of purchase!

The M-H Skull (Skull of Doom) was allegedly discovered by a 17-year old Anna Mitchell-Hedges in 1924 with her adoptive father on an excavation of the ancient Mayan city of Lubaantun in Belize, on a search for Atlantis.   This clear quartz skull is about 5.25 inches high and weighs about 11 pounds. It superficially resembles stone skulls made by the Aztecs. The Aztec skulls are stylized, however.  
The Mitchell-Hedges skull is realistic with a detachable jaw.   Sidney Burney, and those who were on the Lubannatun expedition, denied that Mitchell-Hedges found the skull. Mitchell-Hedges himself never mentioned the skull until just after he bought it in 1943.

Dr. Joe Nickell, on the other hand, has incontravertible evidence which proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Mitchell-Hedges bought the skull at a Sotheby's sale in 1943 for 400.  This is very clearly seen through the receipt of sales, the auction house sales list, the inventory records, and the name and location of the skulls creator.  I am interested in what you refer to as documented when speaking of the skulls origin.    The story of Mitchell-Hedges and his daughter is just a story; in order for it to be documented, there has to be actual evidence that it occured in that manner.

Secrets of the Supernatural

View Post

This is fascinating.Two parellel tales, both sounding like a plausable story-lines.I would love to see this info.All I know is what I have seen and heard.Ive seen two interviews with the daughter who found the skull on her 14th birthday.I have seen the microscopic study of the skulls surface, showing no signs of any tool marks.On and on and on....ooohhh to know the truth.-usdi Agaluga

#21    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,214 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:28 PM

I recommend the book in my link.  It goes into excrutiating detail.

Incidentally, I have seen different pictures from the skull.  One shows evenly spaced buff marks, like from a polishing wheel.  The other shows a fine, smooth, finish, without any tool marks at all.  That includes the absence of the irregularly shaped buff marks that hand-polishing would have made.  In other words, either the smooth skull pictures are fake, or the skull grew into that shape without outside assistance.

#22    Mr. Blonde

Mr. Blonde

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:59 PM

These skulls look pretty groovy. I think was an episode on Relic Hunter or some whack show like that, that dedicated the episode to it.

hope you have some fun at UNIT 731

#23    smokejaguar

smokejaguar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE(aquatus1 @ Oct 1 2004, 10:28 PM)
I recommend the book in my link.  It goes into excrutiating detail.

Incidentally, I have seen different pictures from the skull.  One shows evenly spaced buff marks, like from a polishing wheel.  The other shows a fine, smooth, finish, without any tool marks at all.  That includes the absence of the irregularly shaped buff marks that hand-polishing would have made.  In other words, either the smooth skull pictures are fake, or the skull grew into that shape without outside assistance.

View Post

Don't dismiss the abilities of ancient man.With enough warm bodies you can almost do anything.A highly polished surface on crystall is within there abilities.When they opened the tomb of King TUT they found the golden mask was so highly polished that the softest cloth dulled it ,forever altering the quality of surface.Nobody knows how they managed to get it in such a high state ,nor could they duplicate it.-usdi Agaluga

#24    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,266 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:21 AM

Can someone tell me where and when the first Crystal Skull was descovered? and what civilizations were said to be using these skulls? last question.. is there more fact then fiction that these skulls exsisted, because if they did im going to by a book.. and can someone refer me to a good book on Crystal Skulls, telling me all about them, and maybe awnsering all these questions i could have.. thanx UM!

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Anwsers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstien

#25    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,214 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:18 PM

Don't dismiss the abilities of ancient man.With enough warm bodies you can almost do anything.A highly polished surface on crystall is within there abilities.When they opened the tomb of King TUT they found the golden mask was so highly polished that the softest cloth dulled it ,forever altering the quality of surface.Nobody knows how they managed to get it in such a high state ,nor could they duplicate it.-usdi Agaluga

I do not dismiss their abilities.  Nor do I romanticize them.  No matter how many warm bodies you have polishing a crystal for however many hundreds of years you wish, there will always be marks left behind by the polishing cloth.  It is a physical impossibility not to have them.  You will not be able to see them with the naked eye, but they will most definitely and blatantly appear under the eye of an electron microscope.

I have never heard such a claim made about King Tut's mask, nor was I able to find anything even remotely resembling it one the net.  Would you have a source that I can look into?  Everything that I have read indicates that, while it was a magnificent example of gold and inlay, it was no more mysterious in origin than any other gold piece of the time (particularly when one considers that it might well not have been intended for the young pharoah).

and can someone refer me to a good book on Crystal Skulls, telling me all about them, and maybe awnsering all these questions i could have.. thanx UM!

The book I mentioned previously has an excellent chapter on the skulls.  I would not recommend a book focused solely on them, as they tend to do nothing more than repeat the same myths and stories without attempting to corroborate them.

#26    Daniel_Hayes

Daniel_Hayes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 04:11 AM

#27    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,214 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 04:01 PM

Daniel, is there a reason for the past seven posts of yours containing nothing more than three dots?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users