Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Jesus' causes uproar at darts contest

Still Waters

When darts fans saw bearded Nathan Grindal at a tournament, they thought they were witnessing not just a double top but a second coming.

‘Jesus, Jesus’ they began to chant… loudly and repeatedly.

Organisers began to worry it would disturb star players Phil Taylor and Kim Huybrechts, so Mr Grindal was taken outside by security.

http://metro.co.uk/2...-crowd-3315106/

• Like 1

I love this quote from the article.

Mr Grindal added: ‘I didn’t go to the darts dressed as Jesus – I went as me.’

• Like 4

He has every right to grow a full beard and have long hair. Just as the many out there who are shaving their heads. And what exactly is a 'real' job? I have seen professionals sporting a beard and pony tail. Judging people by their appearance only is silly. If that is the case all big guys with shaved heads would be considered thugs. Some drunk bozo probably started the whole 'Jesus' chant and the rest of the boozed crowd followed suit.Besides how do we know Jesus looked like that or if he actually existed??

• Like 7

Poor guy was there just to watch the game. I think they threw out the wrong person and they could have stopped it without throwing the guy out. I hope they refunded the guy's money. I guess these idiots don't know Jesus was from the middle east.

Religion breeds religious fanatics...............

More like alcohol causes drunken stupidity.

• Like 3

Wow, could this guy possibly whine more? ‘They were bullying me and picking on me, saying that I was someone else.’ This guy needs to man up, seriously. I hope his delicate feelings didn't get too hurt. If someone calls you Jesus, just roll with it and have fun!

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

Yep, because we know Jesus was fair haired and white! Isn't EVERYONE like that from the Middle East??

Friggen retards.

Wow, could this guy possibly whine more? ‘They were bullying me and picking on me, saying that I was someone else.’ This guy needs to man up, seriously. I hope his delicate feelings didn't get too hurt. If someone calls you Jesus, just roll with it and have fun!

A bit different when it's at an even like that with an alcohol fueled crowd. A lot could happen in a short time.

Plus we all know crowds weren't too friendly to Jesus the first time around, someone was probably already putting together a makeshift cross with broken chairs.

• Like 3

Jesus returns and is mocked. Just like last time...

:D

• Like 2

No one actually knows what Jesus looked like.Every painting I've seen portrays him slightly different,and there were no cameras those days.If he stood in a Police line up for example where people look similar,could anyone pick him out.

Get a haircut anf real JOB

Do you even know what he does for a job? I know a guy who looks vaguely similar and is on his way to becoming a professor at one of the top universities in the country. Do you mind if I ask what you do for a living?

Yes... He should man up and deal with being thrown out of an event he'd paid for just because other people are idiots.

The organisers had better have refunded his ticket is all I can say.

Do you even know what he does for a job? I know a guy who looks vaguely similar and is on his way to becoming a professor at one of the top universities in the country. Do you mind if I ask what you do for a living?

Yes... He should man up and deal with being thrown out of an event he'd paid for just because other people are idiots.

The organisers had better have refunded his ticket is all I can say.

I'm pretty sure that Wolfknight was alluding to a song...the lyrics include the phrase "get a haircut and get a REAL job" IOW - he was j o k i n g :w00t:

I'm pretty sure that Wolfknight was alluding to a song...the lyrics include the phrase "get a haircut and get a REAL job" IOW - he was j o k i n g :w00t:

Maybe I should look into this 'music' thing. I've heard so much about it....

:blush:

• Like 2

this is a warning to all,Jesus lookalike or not,don't go to Somerset