Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Things can get worse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,802 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:29 PM

www.msnbc.msn.com said:

By Joshua Schneyer

updated 12:46 p.m. ET, Sun., May 16, 2010
NEW YORK - BP's oil spill could make for one of the highest-stakes U.S. Gulf hurricane seasons on record.

Storms could scuttle cleanup efforts, force containment vessels to retreat, or propel spilled crude and tar balls over vast expanses of sea and beach.

Meteorologists say that climate conditions are ripe for an unusually destructive hurricane season, the storm-prone period that runs from June 1 to the end of November in the Gulf. Oceanographers say that could hurt the clean-up.

Posted Image Read more...
We start Hurricane season in two weeks. I don't what to think about what is going to happen if hurricane enters in the mix.  :blink:

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#2    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

✻ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ Eʟsᴀ

• 8,397 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

Well it could with the oil spill. But we'll have to see. My state hasn't gotten hit since that one hurricane flooded Baltimore City. (I don't recall the name of it. Though I do miss the hurricanes.) *Shrugs*

#3    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,802 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:16 PM

View PostMoon Princess, on 16 May 2010 - 09:02 PM, said:

Well it could with the oil spill. But we'll have to see. My state hasn't gotten hit since that one hurricane flooded Baltimore City. (I don't recall the name of it. Though I do miss the hurricanes.) *Shrugs*
Tropical Storm Isabel 2003?  I don't know I could skip hurricane season. I don't mind the thunderstorms, but I'll pass on the hurricanes.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#4    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

✻ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ Eʟsᴀ

• 8,397 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:23 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 16 May 2010 - 09:16 PM, said:

Tropical Storm Isabel 2003?  I don't know I could skip hurricane season. I don't mind the thunderstorms, but I'll pass on the hurricanes.

I think so. I don't remember a hurricane hitting my state after that. Though the flooding of the Inner Harbor and the Eastern Shore was pretty cool. Because I've never seen the Inner Harbor flood like that before. It wasn't that much water though. A restaurant on the Eastern Shore has a mark where the water came up to the stairs.

I don't mind the storm all together. I just don't like the power going out.

Edited by Moon Princess, 19 May 2010 - 03:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users