Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Atlantis

• Please log in to reply
2242 replies to this topic

#46    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,704 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

View PostAgonaces of Susa, on 16 November 2009 - 09:07 PM, said:

It doesn't really matter what people think.  The historical record says that the Atlantean Empire in Antarctica had subjugated all of North Africa as far East as Egypt and even into Europe.

"... the men of Atlantis [Antarctica] had subjected the parts of Libya within the columns of Heracles as far as Egypt, and of Europe as far as Tyrrhenia." -- Plato, Timaeus, 360 B.C.

Since, it is your interpretation alone for Antartica to be the site for Atlantis, have you ever read about the geological timeline for the ice continent, which has been proved from numerous ice cores samples taken all over the continent.
What makes you think that humans ..to be precise ..hominids had developed even long before 40 million years (which is the time the continent got covered in ice)??

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#47    Agonaces of Susa

Agonaces of Susa

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 November 2009 - 09:08 PM, said:

'Scuse me, what historical record?
Exactly.

"... the Egyptians ... concealed mysteries that were above the common herd under the veil of religious rites and hieroglyphic symbols." -- Isaac Newton, mathematician, 1694

#48    Agonaces of Susa

Agonaces of Susa

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 16 November 2009 - 09:12 PM, said:

And NO historical record talks about Antarctica as an Atlantian Empire.
Are you saying that Plato and Athanasius Kircher were not historical figures and persons of historical record?

Edited by Agonaces of Susa, 16 November 2009 - 09:17 PM.

"... the Egyptians ... concealed mysteries that were above the common herd under the veil of religious rites and hieroglyphic symbols." -- Isaac Newton, mathematician, 1694

#49    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,090 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

View PostAgonaces of Susa, on 16 November 2009 - 09:15 PM, said:

Exactly.

I see, and this record would be contained in...?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#50    Agonaces of Susa

Agonaces of Susa

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:20 PM

View PostThe Spartan, on 16 November 2009 - 09:13 PM, said:

Since, it is your interpretation alone for Antartica to be the site for Atlantis
I wish it were my "interpretation alone."  You must have a very high opinion of me to give me credit for the truth.

What makes you think that humans ..to be precise ..hominids had developed even long before 40 million years (which is the time the continent got covered in ice)??
Archaeological evidence and paleontological data and dating.

View Postquestionmark, on 16 November 2009 - 09:17 PM, said:

Every library on Earth.

Edited by Agonaces of Susa, 16 November 2009 - 09:19 PM.

#51    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,704 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

View Postquestionmark, on 16 November 2009 - 09:17 PM, said:

QM..I think Agonaces of Susa's next answer would be that "these records will be found in the hall of records under the paw of the great shpinx"  :lol:

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

#52    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

View Postlakeview rud, on 16 November 2009 - 09:09 PM, said:

Qoais,  yes that very strange theory suggests that the entire solid portion of the earth (above the liquid iron core) is capable of movement when there are forces great enough to get it started.  I don't have any idea what would be necessary but suggested in another thread that the weight of ice on the North American continent during the last Ice Age might have been enough.  Proponents of this theory suggest that the magnetic north pole has shifted several times over the last 100,000 plus years.  The last location of true North was supposedly the last location of magnetic north supposedly in Hudson Bay.  That would be some 1500 or 2000 miles of distance.  The magnetic north is currently making its way toward our current North Pole and last I heard it was increasing its velocity to something like 25 to 40 km per year.  (Not sure on that figure but it was in a Nat. Geographic magazine)

Come to think of it, I think I read that as well.  The point is of course, that if the crust is going to move, the whole crust is going to move and not just a part of it.  Therefore, neither Greenland nor Antarctica were outside the Pillars of Heracles, except in a time so long in the past as to be when pangea was breaking up.

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Intuitive knowledge is knowledge beyond intellectual reasoning.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."

#53    lakeview rud

lakeview rud

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

Abramelin, yeah the Piri Reis isn't very good but try the Oronteus Fineaeus map.  It appears to show rivers entering the Ross Sea.  Like I said, if ice cores are available from all over Antartcica then likely no way in hominid history was it ice free.

#54    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,704 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:22 PM

View PostAgonaces of Susa, on 16 November 2009 - 09:20 PM, said:

Archaeological evidence and paleontological data and dating.

And pray, tell me more about these "evidence" and "data' & "dating"? Got Milk..ooops a credible source, huh?

#55    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,827 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:28 PM

View PostAgonaces of Susa, on 16 November 2009 - 08:41 PM, said:

If your point is that you have no evidence, I think I get it.
The evidence is all over this board.

Try the Search function.

Try "advanced" and input "Piri Reis" into the search field.

If you want the facts, you should type "Harte" into the field labeled "author."  LOL

There are absolute physical facts that preclude what you claim about this map.

There are also absolute physical and political facts that explain why the map shows only the coastline of South America, albeit bent eastward.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#56    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,090 posts

View PostAgonaces of Susa, on 16 November 2009 - 09:20 PM, said:

Every library on Earth.

If you are talking about Plato's Atlantis, that is an allegorical story. And see that last word?

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#57    Agonaces of Susa

Agonaces of Susa

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

View PostThe Spartan, on 16 November 2009 - 09:22 PM, said:

And pray, tell me more about these "evidence" and "data' & "dating"? Got Milk..ooops a credible source, huh?
It would take an entire server farm to catalogue it all but I'll just say a couple things.

To begin with, you have to multiply all of your conventional dates by 6.

http://www.scienceda...91110135411.htm

In other words, a biological specimen determined by traditional DNA testing to be 100,000 years old may actually be 200,000 to 600,000 years old

http://www.nature.co...ature04425.html

Here we show by 40Ar/39Ar dating and corroborating palaeomagnetic data that the basaltic tuff on which the purported footprints are found is 1.30 +/- 0.03 million years old.

"The fact that some prehistoric man made a pictograph of a dinosaur on the walls of this canyon [Havasupai Canyon, Arizona] upsets completely all of our theories regarding the antiquity of man. Facts are stubborn and immutable things. If theories do not square with the facts then the theories must change, the facts remain." -- Samuel Hubbard, paleoanthropologist, November 1924

"In Pershing County, Nevada, a shoe print was found in Triassic limestone, strata indicative of 400 million years, in which the fossilized evidence clearly revealed finely wrought double-stitching in the seams." -- Brad Steiger, author, October 1978

"...the suggestion of sentient humans walking about writing on North American walls during the Carboniferous Era, 250 million years ago, simply subjects the orthodox thinking apparatus to more shocks than may be comfortably sustained." -- Brad Steiger, author, October 1978

"I determined fission-track ages on zircons from two of the tephra units overlying the artifacted beds. The Hueyatlaco ash yielded a zircon fission-track age of 370,000+/-200,000 years, and the Tetela brown mud yielded an age of 600,000+/-340,000 years. There is a 96 percent chance that the true age of these tephras lie within the range defined by the age and the plus or minus value. Now, there were four different geological dating techniques that suggested a far greater antiquity to the artifacts than anyone in the archaeological community wanted to admit." -- Charles W. Naeser, chemist, April 2007

"... we could also consider the shoe print, you know, that was found near Antelope Springs Utah by William Meister. And he found that in the year 1968. He was a researcher, a collector of fossils, and he was breaking open pieces of slate rock at this place Antelope Springs and when he broke open one piece of rock he found a shoe print. You know, my coauthor Richard Thompson went to visit William Meister in Utah and he was able to see this specimen, he was able to take photographs of it, and we did a computer analysis, and we showed that the shape of this impression in the rock is exactly like that of a shoe print. And if you look at your shoe, at the bottom of your shoe, you can usually see where your heel is worn down in a certain place, so this print had that same feature in it and also crushed in the middle of the foot print was the fossil of a trilobyte. Now a trilobyte is a shellfish that existed about 500 million years ago in what's called the Cambrian Period." -- Michael A. Cremo, author, March 19th 2008

"Scientists have recently announced the discovery in Kenya of some interesting footprints, found in layers of rock about 1.5 million years old. Researchers describe them as anatomically modern. That is to say, the foot structure is the same as in human beings like us. But most scientists today would never even dream of suggesting that the footprints were made by humans like us. According to their understandings, humans like us did not exist 1.5 million years ago. We had not evolved yet. Most scientists now believe the first humans like us came into existence about 150,000 years ago. So the Kenya footprints are ten times too old for modern humans. So the scientists attributed the footprints to the apeman called Homo ergaster, which some scientists believe to be a kind of Homo erectus. The problem is that we do not know what the Homo erectus foot structure was really like. No one has ever found a foot skeleton of Homo erectus. So at the present moment, the only creature known to science that has a foot just like that of a modern human being is in fact a modern human being, like us. Maybe in the future someone will find a foot skeleton of Homo erectus (or Homo ergaster) that is fully modern in it’s anatomy. But that has not been done yet. So if we are going to stick to the facts, to the evidence that we really have, then the most reasonable thing we can say is that the scientists in Kenya have found evidence that humans like us existed 1.5 million yeas ago. And this contradicts the current evolutionary accounts of human origins." -- Michael A. Cremo, author, February 2009

Edited by Agonaces of Susa, 16 November 2009 - 09:31 PM.

#58    Agonaces of Susa

Agonaces of Susa

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 16 November 2009 - 09:28 PM, said:

If you are talking about Plato's Atlantis, that is an allegorical story. And see that last word?
There is nothing allegorical about the existence of Antarctica.  Antarctica is real.

#59    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,704 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

All that is correct, what is mentioned above.
I never brought up the question of DNA testing for age or anything.

My question is geological timescale, proved by ice core samples.

Any words about it?

#60    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,090 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

View PostAgonaces of Susa, on 16 November 2009 - 09:31 PM, said:

There is nothing allegorical about the existence of Antarctica.  Antarctica is real.

I see, so that includes Red Riding Hood and Cinderella?

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users