Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Sites....

Felix1969

Hey out there...

I'm new to the site and- like everyone else here- am interested in more info. In my exploration of this site, and many others, I've been able to put together some interesting facts. Did you know that the pyramids of giza, mirror the consellation Orion? Or that the Ankor pyramids in Cambodia, mirror the consellation Draco? That these two constellations would have been directly above said structures 12,000 to 13,500 years ago? And at the same time period the consellation Leo would have risen between the paws of the great sphinx?

The next time this will occur is at the end of this year. Now, if these stuctures were built later than 12,000 to 13,000 years ago, why do they line up so perfectly? I'm new to this sort of thing, and just looking for more info so I sound less like lunatic fringe.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Harte

• questionmark

• Batfastard

• kmt_sesh

Top Posters In This Topic

All my bones shall say, "Yahweh, who is like you, who delivers the poor from him who is too strong for him; yes, the poor and the needy from him who robs him?" Psalms 35:10 I think there are Rich people against your plan, to know and to live your truth. Jesus said i came to witness for truth.

All my bones shall say, "Yahweh, who is like you, who delivers the poor from him who is too strong for him; yes, the poor and the needy from him who robs him?" Psalms 35:10 I think there are Rich people against your plan, to know and to live your truth. Jesus said i came to witness for truth.

Well that's cleared that up then

The uses of the search function on a forum escapes you?

We know that most of the above is pure bunk.

Welcome to the site where hogwash is met with stiff resistance!

Edited by questionmark

What would have been important about that time period do you think?

I agree they appear to mirror the stars. As above so below.

Do you realize there are theories that there are more and they all connect to form the earth grid?

I also think that the Sphinx is nothing to do with a Lion, and that it is more likely to have the body of a dog and be a representation of Anubis, who was the guardian and protector of Osiris. Osiris is represented by the Great Pyramid of Giza, so it would make sense for the guarding figure to represent Anubis.

I also think that the Sphinx is nothing to do with a Lion, and that it is more likely to have the body of a dog and be a representation of Anubis, who was the guardian and protector of Osiris.

Anubis was not the "guardian and protector of Osiris."

Osiris is represented by the Great Pyramid of Giza, so it would make sense for the guarding figure to represent Anubis.

Osiris is not "represented by the Great Pyramid of Giza."

Harte

Anubis was not the "guardian and protector of Osiris."

Osiris is not "represented by the Great Pyramid of Giza."

Harte

I was referring to the Pyramid texts utterance 600:

'This King is Osiris, this pyramid of the King is Osiris, this construction of his is Osiris...

Also this reference in Book of The Dead:

"I am He of the Djed pillar

the son of He of the Djed pillar

I was conceived in Djedu

I was born in Djedu"

The enclosing of the body of Osiris in a pillar inside the house of the King and his subsequent regeneration is described in the Legend of Osiris and supported by various parts of the the Pyramid Texts. The body of the King, the body of Osiris and the Pyramid of the King were considered by the ancient Egyptians as being synonymous with one another.

It follows that if the King is Osiris and his Pyramid is Osiris, then by constructing the chambers of his pyramid in such a way that they form an image of the resurrected Osiris

'This King is Osiris, this pyramid of the King is Osiris, this construction of his is Osiris...

I was conceived in Djedu

I was born in Djedu"

The enclosing of the body of Osiris in a pillar inside the house of the King and his subsequent regeneration is described in the Legend of Osiris and supported by various parts of the the Pyramid Texts. The body of the King, the body of Osiris and the Pyramid of the King were considered by the ancient Egyptians as being synonymous with one another.

It follows that if the King is Osiris and his Pyramid is Osiris, then by constructing the chambers of his pyramid in such a way that they form an image of the resurrected Osiris

Which were written centuries after the complex in Giza was built...

I was conceived in Djedu

I was born in Djedu"

Every dead king is referred to as "the Osiris" in his pyramid text.

Same is true for anyone with enough status to have the book of the dead in their tomb.

Osiris is not "represented by the Great Pyramid."

Harte

I was conceived in Djedu

I was born in Djedu"

This is a skillful use of ancient religious texts, but remember that no known context for the Pyramid Texts exists from Dynasty 4. Likewise, there is no known context for Osiris in Dynasty 4. I'm not saying he couldn't have been a known deity in pharaonic culture at that time, but if he was, Osiris was still of such minor status that he had yet to be incorporated into royal cults. It's telling that no extant tomb, offering chapel, stela, statue, or other monument prior to late Dynasty 5 in date, even mentions Osiris.

In light of this, it's clear Osiris was not a deity of note when Giza was functioning as the royal necropolis during most of Dynasty 4. He is not represented in any tomb or monument at Giza for the reigns of Khufu, Khafre, and Menkaure; Osiris is also absent from the pyramid complex of Djedefre and other royal funerary complexes for the monarchs of Dynasty 4. More important deities of this period were the Memphite gods Sokar and Ptah, as well as the Abydos jackal Anubis. They, among others, are represented in Dynasty 4 tombs.

Osiris does not appear on the scene until late in Dynasty 5, specifically in the reign of Isesi. His veneration and cult are not elaborated until the appearance of the Pyramid Texts within the passages and chambers of Unis' pyramid at Saqqara.

Spells from the Book of the Dead do not appear in any recognizable context prior to Dynasty 13, and the Book of the Dead did become commonly used till Dynasty 18. References to Djed pillars, such as in your excerpt, reflect changes in pharaonic religion. For example, it was only later that the Djed came to be associated with Osiris; through most of the Old Kingdom it was originally associated with the gods Ptah and Sokar.

Hey out there...

I'm new to the site and- like everyone else here- am interested in more info. In my exploration of this site, and many others, I've been able to put together some interesting facts. Did you know that the pyramids of giza, mirror the consellation Orion? Or that the Ankor pyramids in Cambodia, mirror the consellation Draco? That these two constellations would have been directly above said structures 12,000 to 13,500 years ago? And at the same time period the consellation Leo would have risen between the paws of the great sphinx?

The next time this will occur is at the end of this year. Now, if these stuctures were built later than 12,000 to 13,000 years ago, why do they line up so perfectly? I'm new to this sort of thing, and just looking for more info so I sound less like lunatic fringe.

Welcome to UM, Felix1969. ;)

I can't speak for the monuments of Cambodia because the ancient Far East is not in my purview of interest, but I can exercise more confidence with pharaonic Egypt. Whether the Giza pyramids "mirror" Orion is, in fact, not at all certain. I'm perfectly aware of fringe literature that states this alignment emphatically, but it's not corroborated by professional academic research. I certainly favor the conclusions of the latter. This issue has been debated in depth right here at UM, and in my opinion UM posters arguing in favor of the alignment have always fallen short on presenting convincing evidence—and trust me, they have tried very hard to do so.

Consider, for example, that the constellation Leo comes down to us through the Greeks. It is not a constellation of any import to ancient Egypt. Of more importance, can you provide a reference to the research of a real scientist, professional historian, or Egyptologist which corroborates this alignment? I'd be tremendously wary of most websites and books written by the likes of Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval, which do not reflect professional research.

Dating the Giza pyramids or the Sphinx to 12,000 years ago is not tenable. Extensive carbon dating of the Giza pyramids has established that they were built in the early to mid-third millennium BCE. This is hard science. Dating of the Great Pyramid alone involved two rounds of testing in which more than 40 samples of mortar were extracted from all over the pyramid. This means the C14 dating basically corroborates the conventional relative date for the Great Pyramid, which has long been put at 2500 BCE. And on archaeological grounds it's been established that the Great Sphinx was built during the reign of Khafre and was an integral part of his own pyramid complex (review especially the relevant pages here).

His claim about Leo rising in the east makes perfect sense, though.

But it's not like anything rises in the west, is it?

Harte

His claim about Leo rising in the east makes perfect sense, though.

But it's not like anything rises in the west, is it?

Harte

I believe certain species called phoenix imbecilus raises there, but I could be wrong :w00t: