Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Using a Ouija board


  • Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#16    Bling

Bling

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for your input! I'm awaiting my ouija board, should be delivered this week.


#17    Tia

Tia

    The Naughty Angel.

  • Member
  • 6,272 posts
  • Joined:25 Mar 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Blue Mountains

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

You don't need an authentic board, I've used them before as well. It's all about the link you achieve.

So we just happened to make up a story all those months ago that happened to come true with correct descriptions?

Anyway, here's a link to some important tips, this guy mentions saying goodbye at the end of use. We do it each time a spirit comes through, and especially if we want to get it to move on because it freely admits it's bad and starts playing up.

http://parabook.word...-a-ouija-board/

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#18    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

Tia, it's called RNG (random number generator) such is life, everthing in your story sounded like coincidental events.

Anyways, "spririt" boards while an old concept are pretty much just a game.  If demonic possession, devil attacks and the like were even SOMEWHAT common, I highly doubt reputeable game companies would produce them and stores like Toys-R-Us would carry them.  (Then again they did carry lawn darts back in the day!)

Edited by CakeOrDeath, 27 September 2012 - 05:54 PM.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#19    Bling

Bling

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostTia, on 27 September 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

You don't need an authentic board, I've used them before as well. It's all about the link you achieve.

So we just happened to make up a story all those months ago that happened to come true with correct descriptions?

Anyway, here's a link to some important tips, this guy mentions saying goodbye at the end of use. We do it each time a spirit comes through, and especially if we want to get it to move on because it freely admits it's bad and starts playing up.

http://parabook.word...-a-ouija-board/

Thanks for that Tia, I've bookmarked it. The Ouija board arrived today and we're thinking of using it this weekend and will record our session on a night vision camcorder.


#20    poetofsheba

poetofsheba

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined:17 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Denmark

  • Non est ad astra mollis e terris via

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

Well I have a board somewhere in the house. I've maybe tried using it once or twice right after I got it but had no response/Ideomotor effect - so kinda put it away and I haven't really thought about it since.

I honestly don't believe all the stories that the board is evil and you could conjure demons with it etc.
To me it's no different than when paranormal investigators/ghost hunters go to allegedly haunted places and ask for spirits to communicate - it's the same questions, the same motives (curiosity as to what lies beyond death and whether or not spirits do exist) it's just different media.
It just seems that looking for EVP in a pseudo scientific way (I'm not saying the field isn't trying to be scientific, but I've done my fair share of work with paranormal groups and at least some of them are distinctly unscientific) is perceived as less dangerous than some mystical "game" with a board and conjuring up all kinds of spirits.

BUT if your the slightest bit worried that something will happen, then why take the chance? If spirits aren't real then most likely nothing will happen or maybe you'll end up being very paranoid because you believe they are real.
If they do exist you either have a nice chat with a couple of them or end up leaving a door open for anything or anyone to walk through. Not really worth it if you just want to have some fun, so unless you are very into trying to communicate with the dead you might want to reconsider.

When people ask me if it's okay to use the board and whether or not it's dangerous I generally tell them not to play with it, the same goes for ghost hunting, EVP sessions etc. Why? Because they mainly end up freaking themselves out and really freaked out people tend to make bad and potentially hazardous decisions for themselves - such as running in an abandoned building with holes in the floors or believing that the board "told" them they were going to die so they simply resign themselves to that "fate".

I'd say that the general rule of thumb when it comes to the paranormal (as with most stuff) is "if in doubt, don't!"

"The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
"The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones." ~ William Shakespeare
"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." ~ Socrates (as stated by Plato)

www.poetofsheba.com

#21    Bling

Bling

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

View Postpoetofsheba, on 28 September 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

Well I have a board somewhere in the house. I've maybe tried using it once or twice right after I got it but had no response/Ideomotor effect - so kinda put it away and I haven't really thought about it since.

I honestly don't believe all the stories that the board is evil and you could conjure demons with it etc.
To me it's no different than when paranormal investigators/ghost hunters go to allegedly haunted places and ask for spirits to communicate - it's the same questions, the same motives (curiosity as to what lies beyond death and whether or not spirits do exist) it's just different media.
It just seems that looking for EVP in a pseudo scientific way (I'm not saying the field isn't trying to be scientific, but I've done my fair share of work with paranormal groups and at least some of them are distinctly unscientific) is perceived as less dangerous than some mystical "game" with a board and conjuring up all kinds of spirits.

BUT if your the slightest bit worried that something will happen, then why take the chance? If spirits aren't real then most likely nothing will happen or maybe you'll end up being very paranoid because you believe they are real.
If they do exist you either have a nice chat with a couple of them or end up leaving a door open for anything or anyone to walk through. Not really worth it if you just want to have some fun, so unless you are very into trying to communicate with the dead you might want to reconsider.

When people ask me if it's okay to use the board and whether or not it's dangerous I generally tell them not to play with it, the same goes for ghost hunting, EVP sessions etc. Why? Because they mainly end up freaking themselves out and really freaked out people tend to make bad and potentially hazardous decisions for themselves - such as running in an abandoned building with holes in the floors or believing that the board "told" them they were going to die so they simply resign themselves to that "fate".

I'd say that the general rule of thumb when it comes to the paranormal (as with most stuff) is "if in doubt, don't!"

Thanks and welcome to UM! I'm not scared about summoning anything evil as I don't believe those things exist, but I am interested in others views and experiences of using a Ouija board. I'm not easliy spooked so I think I'll be okay.


#22    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,465 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

Hi Bling,

Years ago when I was about 12-13 a friend and I made a board and had a go at summoning someone/anyone..
It was very freaky because it worked basically strait away. My finger was on the glass, so was his, and we ended up calling his dead father who conveyed things that I didn't know, and only my friend could make sense of..

Things got very emotional after that. My friend got very upset and accused me of moving the glass and spelling out the words. And when I say upset, I mean very upset. The thing is, I know it wasnt me moving the glass. I know he wouldn't do it either to purposely get himself in such an emotional state..

It took me more than half an hour to calm him down and get him back to the board to close the session..

I havn't touched anything like that since..

If you do have any sucess.. Just remember, that invitations for visitors to come into your home are fine, but when done, you must tell them to leave... Dont leave doors open.

Edited by Professor T, 28 September 2012 - 08:42 PM.


#23    Bling

Bling

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 28 September 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

Hi Bling,

Years ago when I was about 12-13 a friend and I made a board and had a go at summoning someone/anyone..
It was very freaky because it worked basically strait away. My finger was on the glass, so was his, and we ended up calling his dead father who conveyed things that I didn't know, and only my friend could make sense of..

Things got very emotional after that. My friend got very upset and accused me of moving the glass and spelling out the words. And when I say upset, I mean very upset. The thing is, I know it wasnt me moving the glass. I know he wouldn't do it either to purposely get himself in such an emotional state..

It took me more than half an hour to calm him down and get him back to the board to close the session..

I havn't touched anything like that since..

If you do have any sucess.. Just remember, that invitations for visitors to come into your home are fine, but when done, you must tell them to leave... Dont leave doors open.

Thanks! I'm going to read more about the closing thingy before I do anything. I'm open minded enough to believe anything could happen as I've heard plenty of stories from people where they have experienced something during a ouija board session.


#24    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ, 2222

  • Member
  • 2,465 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostBling, on 28 September 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Thanks! I'm going to read more about the closing thingy before I do anything. I'm open minded enough to believe anything could happen as I've heard plenty of stories from people where they have experienced something during a ouija board session.
As far as I can remember, I just said "leave you are no longer welcome here in this house." and then moved the glass to "goodbye"
But yes, do some research first..
I dunno about a brought board though? Is just a thought, but I think one that isn't made or crafted by the user would have the same effect or potency?


#25    candidpets

candidpets

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined:13 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Eastern Ontario

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

i never tried it as an adult i think its very hard to get workin for real without someone that has some real powerful energy


#26    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Joined:16 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Kish, Sumer

  • Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

So Bling, have you had your Ouija board session yet?? What were the results?? ;)

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#27    GhostHunterChickx

GhostHunterChickx

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined:10 Oct 2012

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostBling, on 21 September 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

Have you ever used a Ouija board? If so what were your experiences? Would you recommend using a Ouija board to try to communicate with the spirit world or is it a definate 'no no'? Can any harm or good come from a novice experimenting with a Ouija board?

I have had no problems using a Ouija board at all....the spirits you contact sometimes say silly things like die etc and tell you a whole load of drivel sometimes. It's only a piece of card or board with letters on it as far as I am concerned,just an aid to communicating with spirits.
As long as you treat it and the spirits with respect, open and close them correctly, you should be fine....although I will not use one on my own or in my house, I use it when with other investigators just in case ;-)


#28    GhostHunterChickx

GhostHunterChickx

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined:10 Oct 2012

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

We did once get a spirit who tried to scare us by saying it was legion.....we just laughed it off, the site we investigated was pretty good tho, Nenthead Mines in Cumbria....well worth a visit on a ghost hunt, just very dangerous!!! people have died previously by falling down mine shafts :-(


#29    Bling

Bling

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostNinhursag, on 15 October 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

So Bling, have you had your Ouija board session yet?? What were the results?? ;)

No we haven't, we keep forgetting! We're dumb like that. It's sitting on the shelf just waiting to be used.....right that's it....I'm gonna do it this week. :devil:


#30    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostBling, on 23 September 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

Well I'm sorry that as a relatively new member I wanted to ask my own questions about this subject and not just rake up old threads. Just because something has been discussed in the past does not mean it can never be discussed again!
but it's the same questions with the same answers. The only difference is the avatars and members names.

It's a loop, there's no new data to change any thing unless some one haves an over active imagination who likes to look important by making fictious claims.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users