Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

how the spirit world world really works!

Irrelevant

Hi,

This is a invitation to all believers in the Non-Corpereal world to discuss how it works, how it interacts with us and how we as the creations of God interact with it.

I would ask we be respectful to each other.

I'm curious to know what others opinions are on how it works. (I have a reasonable understanding)

What happens when we die?

Where do we go?

What do you think it will be like?

Will you see God or is he invisible both in the Corpereal and noncorpereal worlds?

How can we grow spiritually there or do we grow at all?

How do we receive messages from spirits?

How can we tell if these are divine spirits or Evil spirits? (How can we test them or reasonably know what the level of spirit is trying to connect with us)

Does are emotional state directly influence the type of spirit that is connecting with us?

Why can't we see spirits?

There's many more questions than written here, if you know the answer to one or perhaps more please share what your thoughts are on these.

Edited by Irrelevant
  • Like 2

Ok , I will kick this off.

The Conscience.

What is the purpose of the conscience?

The conscience is a inbuilt moral compass to direct the physical mind to correct its direction towards good.

How can we raise the level of conscience we have at present and is it at the same level of all humans?

The conscience can indeed grow! And some have a very low level of conscience either due to being taught or exposed to negative elements. The conscience can reach a higher level of Love by many means, such as reading scripture that teaches us to do good and love God and those around us in the correct way, or by seeing actions and hearing words of others, even by watching a movie where the characters do good, other ways could be by listening to music that has a message that instils more understanding or allows us to feel more love towards God and our fellow man or greater appreciation for creation.

Likewise we can also destroy our level of conscience by exposing ourselves to spiritually toxic people, images, music , movies or a environment that teach or suggest bad behaviour to God, ourselves, our fellow man, creation.

Please feel free to share your thoughts about your conscience, a true gift from God.

Edited by Irrelevant

Hi,

This is a invitation to all believers in the Non-Corpereal world to discuss how it works, how it interacts with us and how we as the creations of God interact with it.

I would ask we be respectful to each other.

I'm curious to know what others opinions are on how it works. (I have a reasonable understanding)

What happens when we die?

Where do we go?

What do you think it will be like?

Will you see God or is he invisible both in the Corpereal and noncorpereal worlds?

How can we grow spiritually there or do we grow at all?

How do we receive messages from spirits?

How can we tell if these are divine spirits or Evil spirits? (How can we test them or reasonably know what the level of spirit is trying to connect with us)

Does are emotional state directly influence the type of spirit that is connecting with us?

Why can't we see spirits?

There's many more questions than written here, if you know the answer to one or perhaps more please share what your thoughts are on these.

Fun topic.

When die, we encounter a life review. We are greeted upon the transition then we decide what will be next for our existance. At least this is the average theme amoung those with NDEs.

We go to the spirit world of course. But what most don't realize is that we don't have to 'go' anywhere because we are already there.

It will be amazing. Questions will be answered, and truths revealed.

If you want to you can visit god now. When I visit the great spirit, I stand on a beach of a vast concious ocean that radiates only love and surprisingly simplicity. The great spirit is available to the dead and the living.

We are always growing. We are children of god, and children are ment to grow up, but it may just continue on forever exploring existance.

Dreams, snyncronistic events, inner voice, and directly via altered states of conciousness. Spirits occupy higher dimensions of conciousness than we are usually aware of, this makes communication extremely contextual and symbolic. Imagine your I phone trying to communicate with the first computers. Even a YouTube video would overload it. A 3d object being translated in to 2d only comes in slices. The same is true for higher dimentional concepts. We can only understand things through our very limited goggles. We only get bits, pieces, and slices. In altered and expanded states of conciousness we can understand, but we can never translate. Language is very primitive.

There is no need to test anything. The dogmas, ecologys, and duality of the physical world does not exist in the spiritual. 'evil' is a physical world dualistic construct born of evolution and a need to seperate that in which is opposed to your physical self, ego, and anima. Death, pain, negativity. 'evil' spirits are internal constructs in the lower dimensions of your mind. They are controllable and destroyable. There are no higher dimensional evil spirits. Why would there be? 'evil' is a physical trait not a spiritual one.

It certainly does. You cannot connect with higher dimensional beings while wallowing and wrestling with your anima.

We certainly can see them. I have some very good friends and teachers that are spirits. Most of us can't see them in 'normal' states of conciousness because our minds are highly focused on physical life. Evidently it takes a tremendous amount of focus to hold physical awareness. It's a bit like haveing tunnel vision or a twelve year old being addicted to a video game. Dont bug souls when they are awake, we get very cranky when are focused on life.

My take on things anyway. :D based on direct experience.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

I like this, what's your take on learning in the spirit world once we die physically.

Personally I don't believe in God, I believe before we are born for the very first time we are given set lessons to learn in life, as we go through each of our lives we learn more and more of our lessons, once we have learnt all there is to learn our "spirit" if you will moves to a higher place of being a guardian angel of sorts. Each time we die we get to review that life, then if we have learnt the lesson we move onto another life with a new lesson if we didn't learn the lesson we repeat the same fundamentals of the previous life in a new body.

I can give you an example of why I believe this to be true, on my left arm (im purely a lefty as well) I have what appear to be track marks (using a needle for drug use for those who don't know what track marks are). I have never nor will I ever use drugs (maybe the exception of weed to see if it helps my stutter). I do not feel the need to use any drugs at all. I believe in my past life I was a junkie, I got clean and possibly got others off drugs as well. That could have very well been my lesson, now I have moved onto learning to deal with another setback for life, a stutter (believe me I would rather tackle drug use lol).

But this is just what I believe, hope at least some of this makes sense.

we can also destroy our level of conscience by exposing ourselves to spiritually toxic people, images, music , movies or a environment that teach or suggest bad behaviour to God

god still coming down heavy-handed on rock 'n roll then huh?

kinda makes you wonder why he invented it in the first place.....

or did it sneak in behind his back while he was listening to The Osmonds....?

• Like 2

I know you don't believe in God but I pray for your stutter to get better.

My understanding of the spirit world is rather simple regarding reincarnation, in that spirits come back to help the living and this is how they learn. This is a similar teaching to the bible in that Elijah returned and Moses also on the mount of transfiguration. The role of spirits is to return and assist the living. However there are evil spirits that also come back and seek to do harm, and through prayer we pray for protection against temptation. It's my view there is many spirits interacting with us constantly and like a iceberg we can really only see what's on the surface but there are many forces that work to support us or at times even try destroy us, such as satan entering Judas, and Jesus casting out demons in people.

I also here divine spirits when I'm humble enough, at times they ask me to do certain deeds like feed homeless. I have only seen spirits in visions where they have taught me, these include Jesus, meeting some of the disciples and numerous visits from Noah. I have also had visitations from those who have recently passed. However these have not happened for some time now..like spirit writer I to developed friendships..just as close to friendships with living. Often spirits would come to learn aspects of bible teaching.

One visitation was from a KongFu master (at least I believe he was) we were surounded by large cats , this spirit was wise, he told me in our conversation " with life you must be like a leaf instead of a Claw" it took me a long time to figure it out! But I did in the end, he was teaching me that a flexible leaf is strong because its flexible, it can weather the greatest storms, the claw is not flexible, it's very stiff and always on the attack. Life requires flexibility to be really strong. At least this is my current thinking at what this lession was about. I'm still very rigid on many things however.

god still coming down heavy-handed on rock 'n roll then huh?

kinda makes you wonder why he invented it in the first place.....

or did it sneak in behind his back while he was listening to The Osmonds....?

I was more referring to music that teaches Hate towards race, sex,society even God ect. It corrupts children's minds making them hate , thankfully these music types are few and far between these days.

There's more to be said about the Conscience yet. We all have one, we have all heard it speak at times, this is one of the amazing gifts we all have.

I'm agnostic about spirits; never had any reason to think they are real, and have lots of reason to doubt the probity, rationality and/or seriousness of those who do.

None of these things 'make' anyone do anything. It is a conscious choice to do stupid things.

At any rate I do not think there is an afterlife and when we die, we die. End of story.

The only thing that 'matters' is how we treat others while we are here and what sort of environment we leave for the next in line.

As for spirits, I do not think they exist either so this is why we never see them or receive 'messages' from them.

• Like 2

There's atheist spirits to frank, some of them still professing even in the spirit world there's no God, if life itself can't prove it then death brings no more comfort. God is invisible in both worlds but happy to proved wrong.

Please feel free to share your thoughts about your conscience, a true gift from God.

did god use his gift of conscience wisely when he bestowed it upon peter sutcliffe? or harold shipman? or fred west?

or paedophile priests?

were they acting according to his plan when they were raping children? hmm?

or how about the conscience of god itself, when he instilled in his followers his message of intolerance & bigotry?

what does his conscience have to say about the millions who suffer horribly through STD's because of his refusal to allow the use of contraception?

has he been watching too many slasher movies, or listening to too many judas priest records?

seems to me god's conscience isn't really all that great if you ask me.

but who are we to judge him and his mysterious ways eh....?

I was more referring to music that teaches Hate towards race, sex,society

as opposed to god's message that teaches hate towards race, sex, society etc.

Edited by shrooma

I have wondered how a pedophile can become convinced they have a Calling to be a priest. I really think such priests are extremely rare, but the Hell they must go through (assuming they aren't just sociopaths -- something that has occurred to me but that I doubt) but be something else. It is for this reason that sometimes I sympathize with their superiors who think maybe counseling and so on are what is needed and don't go to the authorities. They understand the priestly calling.

There's atheist spirits to frank, some of them still professing even in the spirit world there's no God, if life itself can't prove it then death brings no more comfort. God is invisible in both worlds but happy to proved wrong.

Are you saying that there are spirits that don't believe in God?That's a new one to me; I always sorta assumed that if we ever have contact with aliens, that they will find our notions of God primitive and quaint, but maybe there are spirits who already know the score.

• Like 1

They understand the priestly calling.

usually, the priests are calling 'hey, little boy, just come over here in this nice, dark cloister, i've got something to show you.....'

i've always wondered why paedophiles seem to gravitate towards the church, in the same way **********cs always seem to end up as undertakers, or pedophiles (podophiles to our american cousins) get jobs in shoe stores.....

Edited by shrooma

I like this, what's your take on learning in the spirit world once we die physically.

It continues of course. Potentially comeing back as human or moving on to some other form of existence.

usually, the priests are calling 'hey, little boy, just come over here in this nice, dark cloister, i've got something to show you.....'

i've always wondered why paedophiles seem to gravitate towards the church, in the same way **********cs always seem to end up as undertakers, or pedophiles (podophiles to our american cousins) get jobs in shoe stores.....

There are pedophils everywhere. Firemen, police officers etc etc. There is not an over representation in religous organizations they just get more press.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

It continues of course. Potentially comeing back as human or moving on to some other form of existence.

How can you be so sure?

I'm agnostic about spirits; never had any reason to think they are real, and have lots of reason to doubt the probity, rationality and/or seriousness of those who do.

Oh I'm very serious. Im not going to try to convince you of their existance, but I have close relationships with a few and have met many face to face, so rest assured that they are more real to me than you are. The tradition of the native shaman has a long history of working closely with spirits for the betterment of the people in his imeadiate surroundings. Being a modern shamanic practitioner myself, I have seen what my ancestors have seen. It's not just raddles and drumming. Those things are important tools for altering concious enough to become aware of the spirit world.

How can you be so sure?

Because I have met spirits that used to be human, and now do other things. Would you like an example? But no I cant be sure. I might just be nuts. But I have to call it how I see it to be honest with myself.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 2

Are you saying that there are spirits that don't believe in God?That's a new one to me; I always sorta assumed that if we ever have contact with aliens, that they will find our notions of God primitive and quaint, but maybe there are spirits who already know the score.

More advanced aliens will learn to use their minds to travel distances instead of spaceships. There is no need to use the resources to travel great distances when you understand that their are folded dimensions that out number the unfolded ones. No need to go anywhere, because in stirng theory anyway you are already there in seven dimensions. It's merely a matter of tuning your mind into the available information that's right here with you at all times. I suspect many 'spirit' encounters are also extraterrestrial. It sounds a little tin hat like. But the physics is there.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 2

With a Buddhist upbringing I naturally have most of my life believed in some sort of re-birth process, although not that it is a good thing, but a process somehow to be sidestepped so as to enter Nirvana.

Nowadays I tend to think that happens but that is just an automatic thing of no significance, since the personality and memories are destroyed with the death of the body and all you have left is a disembodied life spirit. The person dies; any rebirth is a new person.

This is the key point; whether or not the personality and memories are preserved, and the evidence from aging and certain diseases fairly clearly shows that these are dependent on healthy brain.

• Like 1

Why do we insist on applying physical human beliefs to everything? Why must spirits believe in anything and why is there this concept that they somehow 'know' the so-called 'truth'? All of this is subjective and relative. (assuming for the moment that spirits exist, of course).

I think we anthropomorphize because if we don't we have nothing more to say. If they are so different then they are different and that's all we can say, and the conversation is over.