Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

When I was Young, I used to sleep walk...

Diffidentia

When I was young, I used to sleep walk. I was in complete control over what I was doing but I was in an altered state of mind. For instance, I would wake up in the morning thinking that I dreamt something when in reality I was actually doing it. There also seemed to be a common theme of "finding the light" in all of my sleep walking episodes.

Today, I wouldn't say I sleep walk, however I have (what I call) sleep delusions. I will wake up and swear that I am in someone elses house. The other night, I started panicing. My room didnt look like my room. It was completely different. I got up, got dressed and began to play my escape from this strangers house. I was in complete control of my actions however I was in an altered state of mind. One time I almost left the house because I was so sure that I was in someone elses house and that they were going to find me and flip out.

Of course out of all these episodes I have always "came to" asked myself what I am doing, and went back to bed. In the morning I notice things, like clothes on the floor, door unlocked and then I remember that I had a dream that I was trying to escape my house, only I wasn't dreaming it was real.

Any suggestions as to what the hell is happening?

Also there are times where I will sit up in bed and have conversations with people who aren't actually there... I really don't know how to explain it.

Regardless, Thanks for reading my story

Any information will help,

Musically

Ryan

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marby

• Diffidentia

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no expert, though I do have sleep disorder issues and do a lot of reading on stuff like this.

Seems like you are dealing with an extreme form of sonambulism that you should have a professional look into. While you seem to snap out of it before you do anything that could possibly endanger you, I would be wary of the one day that you snap out of it while you're driving around town in your sleep. Seriously.

I can't even really offer up anything more than this. Good luck.