Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What would be the last thing you'd think of?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

View PostCuriousGreek, on 10 December 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

I would just think about how bad and unfair this world was almost always standing upon me and i would felt happy for leaving it...

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#17    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'd think about if I could reach my phone to call 911. If I couldn't or knew I was dying for sure I'd just laugh at myself for getting stuck in to that predicament in the first place. I already know my friends and family will be ok without me, I already know that I have/had a good life. Nothing for me to really think of anything but the foolishness of the situation.

#18    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostCuriousGreek, on 10 December 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

I would just think about how bad and unfair this world was upon me and i would felt happy for leaving it...

By the sounds of things I probably couldn't understand what you've been through but there is always something else out there for someone to live for. Don't brood on self destructive thoughts, nor look for anything but don't hide from anything either.

I enjoyed reading the responses so far and they've been very interesting

@braveone2u You died and no doubt brought back to life? That must have been quite the experience

I would also like to add another two questions:

If you had an option to call a loved one, would you?

Would you rather die with excessive wealth and power or die poor but with a love (be it a person/people/activity/hobby/etc)?

And another for some discussion:

For those who only possess wealth and power, what would their final thought be you think?

#19    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,192 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 10 December 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

@braveone2u You died and no doubt brought back to life? That must have been quite the experience
Or like the first ghost ever to use a computer.

Edited by Rlyeh, 10 December 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#20    Full-Time Dreamer

Full-Time Dreamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

• Would you? Could you have trouble falling asleep? If you knew what I'm going through, if I could only switch hearts with you.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Honestly, if I knew I was going to die and that this was it I'd be thinking "So what next?"
I have this huge interest in what happens when you die becase given we are all a bunch of nerve cells, muscles and bones talking to eachother (and think of how amazing that is) then whats waiting for us when we die?
Where do I go? I mean my consciousness exists and what happens to this whole thing that I am, this mind, this personality? I find it hard to believe that It'd just be lost and thats it, ya know?

'I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand. Life is good today' - Country at Heart since '06 ♥

#21    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,759 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 10 December 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Would you rather die with excessive wealth and power or die poor but with a love (be it a person/people/activity/hobby/etc)?

Another question might be: Why does everyone assume that a person with wealth and power has no love in their life - or happiness? Or that a poor person has it?...

#22    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Do be honost I probably wouldnt be thinking about much, as the life seeped out of me, other than that if there is a next life I hope its not any worse than the one im leaving. And thats not to say that I hate life and stuff, but Iv had times where life was just literally kicking me in the ass. But I rose above it.
If I could make one call I dont think I would because I wouldnt want to worry any of my loved ones
Would I want to die as a rich person or a poor person? There both kind of a double edged sword depending on how you look at them I mean sometimes money can be just another form of a sickness if you really think about it because it can bring you more problems than you would have had if you were poor.  So I think Either way it wouldnt mattter.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#23    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostCuriousGreek, on 10 December 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

Death is tragic, but life is miserable.
I hear you, CuriousGreek. I have had my share of the harshness of living in this world. The moment we're born, we get slapped in the buttockal area, and we cried our brains out, normally. A horrible experience will, no doubt, leave a sour note because we have feelings and a memory bank. In most cases, we find the strength to move on and reinvent our lives. We fall in love. We buy a new car. We view the most amazing sunset, yet. We get sick, lose weight, and fit in our kool clothes again. There are many examples to write about. Therefore, in the midst of our suffering, we still have a choice. Choice is the sanctuary from which to rebuild. Why rebuild? Life is not always that bad. I live my life nowadays as seeing my being in everything. The good, the bad, and the ugly (as the expression of my ever-unfolding story) are living and feeling my stories to their fullness. If I choose to act my life in a typical, appropriate manner, that's fine. It's also okay for me to be my indesputable hammy side, wallowing in my misery, until I get tired of it, or be deemed as a "party failure." True, misery loves company, and there's beauty in tragedy, so people say. Nowadays, that's not my style. I've even released CD albums during my "tragic years." Therefore, I did get some milleage out of that. At any rate, I see my being in this world as signing up for the whole shebang. Since our five senses are no longer valid in the afterlife, material plane of existence is the place to be to cavort. It's a perfect place to know our divine nature because it's so in-yer-face. If living were always perfect, we would be bored with it. That will never happen anyway, not in this ephemeral, decay-driven, fleshy world. "There is always something," I always say. Something for everyone? In spite of everything, our spirit or essence is not going to die. Therefore, choice is the key, and life is never over, until it's really over. Thing is, wallowing in misery is a luxury I cannot afford. It is a luxury, but it doesn't last very long, regardless, at least not in Southern California where all the beautiful people live. And, I do have bills to pay, don't we all.

Just sharing.

Peace!

Edited by braveone2u, 11 December 2012 - 12:16 AM.

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist )    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008232820397

According to Gnosticism, Christ came to world to give us a way out; so, why is Gnosticism so secretive and elitist when it comes to salvation??
My Lord is not a judge but a loving Divine Being. Love is our natural state, and it also demands us to grow up. Our conscience tells us when we are not in that state of love.

#24    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostFull-Time Dreamer, on 10 December 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Honestly, if I knew I was going to die and that this was it I'd be thinking "So what next?"
I have this huge interest in what happens when you die becase given we are all a bunch of nerve cells, muscles and bones talking to eachother (and think of how amazing that is) then whats waiting for us when we die?
Where do I go? I mean my consciousness exists and what happens to this whole thing that I am, this mind, this personality? I find it hard to believe that It'd just be lost and thats it, ya know?
agreed.
and btw your profile pic is priceless :tu:

#25    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostTaun, on 10 December 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Another question might be: Why does everyone assume that a person with wealth and power has no love in their life - or happiness? Or that a poor person has it?...

I am referring to those who always hunger for more and are never satisfied. Because how our world is going with those in charge, I'd say it speaks for most of them. Greed and indulgence seemingly at the forefront here.

Maybe when they are dieing they will come to a realisation a to how petty their pursuit really was.

#26    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,666 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

I think many people have a sort of illusionary view on how their last moment fighting for their life would be. Rather than a peaceful, beautiful, painless passing most would be in a state of shock, panic, pain, disbelief, but foremost -a severe death anxiety. People who survive though say that almost their whole life flashes before their eyes. I think it is the brains reaction trying to figure out if anything in your stored memory resembles what you are going through with your body.

Beautiful Hollywood-deaths ala Greta Garbo with the back of her hand on the forehead rarely occurs.
Peaceful deaths are often attributed to older people dying of old age, but even many of them fights it, try to hang on, with the death-anxiety reflected in their scared eyes and face.

To end on a less somber note. When I read:

What would be the last thing you'd think of?

I thought of the story about the fly who dashed in to the windscreen of a speeding car.
"What was the last thing that went through his mind?"

"His @ss"

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#27    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

If I had the ability to still control my thoughts it would depend, if in the middle of an "episode" I would probably feel relieved that it was all ending, if I was more myself in my own mind, then I would think about family and what a beautiful world I was leaving behind.

Honestly, I don't believe we get the chance to think, death might be more of an experience where even our thoughts won't be what we choose but what comes to us and runs through our own minds. A script if you will.

#28    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

I'd be sad that I never got to see interstellar travel and our first contact with other life-forms.

Oh and the film's I would be missing out on.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#29    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

View PostSean93, on 16 December 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

I'd be sad that I never got to see interstellar travel and our first contact with other life-forms.

Oh and the film's I would be missing out on.

Unless of course dying meant you would soon experience interstellar travel and make contact with other life-forms.

#30    Jello

Jello

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

Well I believe that this question is almost impossible to truly answer. We all may have an idea what the last thoughts that may run through our heads (for me, my deceased boyfriend & how we may be reunited) but we cannot truly know until it's too late

Links rechts gradeaus du bist im Labyrinth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users