Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jeb Bush: U.S. economy needs immigrants

questionmark

Former Florida governor Jeb Bush ® argued Wednesday that the United States should pass immigration reform because the U.S. economy needs the labor of young immigrants, and immigrants are “more fertile.”

“Immigrants create far more businesses than native-born Americans,” Bush said at the Faith and Freedom Coalition’s Road to the Majority conference. “Immigrants are more fertile, and they love families, and they have more intact families, and they bring a younger population. Immigrants create an engine of economic prosperity.”

Bush said immigrants are an advantage that the United States has over China, Europe and Japan, which don’t have the same immigrant tradition and are struggling to find young laborers.

Read more

Don't bother fixing the economy - just import cheaper labour for the jobs that Americans can't afford to do. Nice one Jeb :tu:

Br Cornelius

QUOTE-

Bush said immigrants are an

advantage that the United States

has over China, Europe and Japan,

which don’t have the same

immigrant tradition and are

struggling to find young laborers.

europe doesn't have the same immigrant tradition??

struggling to find youn labourers?!

does 'goddamn ****ed in the headness' run in the bush family or something?

europe's the world's biggest game of musical chairs when it comes to immigration, and we've a glut of labour, not a paucity.

dummy needs to stop eating cheese before bedtime if you ask me.....

• Like 4

I bet his daddy has to tell him to come in out of the rain.

• Like 4

"more fertile"

no kidding, they are breeding like rabbits in England!

• Like 4

world population 1999-

six billion.

world population 2011-

seven billion.

I blame all them illegal immigrants.....

:-)

• Like 1

I bet his daddy has to tell him to come in out of the rain.

Yep, looks like all the brain for the Bush family was given to Grampa and Papa....

• Like 2

economy needs jobs, needs pro corporation laws, that encurage corporations to stay here, not tax the hell out of them, so they leave. no amount immigrants legal or not, can change that. or improve economy by themselves.

• Like 1

What's more pro-corporation than an infinite supply of minimum wage workers?

especially if they are qualified minimum wage earners who don't know the system yet.

• Like 1

This is sickening but hardly surprising, the corporatists have been singing from the same hymn sheet for over half a century. If you take it far enough back it was the same justification for slavery.

The rich have never had much of a use for the average citizen.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

I'll take all the immigrants we can handle so long as they're legal. If they're not dont let the door hit them on the way out.

• Like 3

I'll take all the immigrants we can handle so long as they're legal. If they're not dont let the door hit them on the way out.

It seems Jeb would make them legal and open that door and pat them on the back on the way in :tu:

Good to know he's looking out for you.

Br Cornelius

It seems Jeb would make them legal and open that door and pat them on the back on the way in :tu:

Good to know he's looking out for you.

Br Cornelius

Please don't mistake my right leaning views as an acceptance of all things republicans and Bush's say. This is the first significant thing I've ever heard Jeb say or at least the only thing I have and will remember and that's unfortunate for him.

• Like 1

Please don't mistake my right leaning views as an acceptance of all things republicans and Bush's say.

it never ceases to amaze me how people seem to equate a right of centre viewpoint with fascism.

like because you don't want to see your country swamped by an influx of immigrants you're suddenly gonna shave off all your hair, don the old jackboots, and start waving swastika's in people's faces.

putting your fellow countrymen first, in your own country, during a time of global economic crisis?

when did that suddenly become reprehensible?

when did it become a crime? morally offensive?

charity begins at home, remember, and looking out for you & yours isn't, nor will it ever be, a sin.

• Like 3

Jeb is typical of his party and typical of a corporatist outlook. When you vote Republican remember who's interests you are voting for.

Where the idea that any comment so far is equating anyone to a fascist is beyond me.

Br Cornelius

180275_393072520758826_1685352196_n.jpg

well ... i guess we can hardly expect anything else but ... can we ?

~

• Like 1

Disgusting. Jeb is making noises about running for president in 2016 . I thought the democrats would hold the white house just long enough , for the extremely short sighted, to blame everything on "Them".

According to the news the 'economy' has been improving for years now... uh... ya , for some.

• Like 1

No Bush's, no McCains, no Clinton's, no Clinton's, no Clinton's, no Romneys, no Bidens, no Palins, no Clinton's, no Clinton's, no Santorums, and absolutely NOBODY who's a friend of the sack in the White House now in 2016.

• Like 1