Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Next 2012

Javril

Hi

We've lived through Y2K, The Killer Bees, and a bunch of others and we'll live through 2012; so what is next? What will be the next big panic? What will get everyone all hot and bothered? What are they going to change the name of this forum to? Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions or favorites?

I will not debate 2012 with anybody so please don't try; there are more than enough threads about it so don't talk about it here.

Jav

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Javril

• TheSearcher

• SlimJim22

• Mr Meowgi

I would wager that it will be over-population...

But knowing the crazy people they will say something like "there aren't enough souls to go around!"

Most doomsday prophecies have a sliver (like so small you can't even see it) of fact around them (other then 2012) so I am going with over-population.

I would wager that it will be over-population...

But knowing the crazy people they will say something like "there aren't enough souls to go around!"

Most doomsday prophecies have a sliver (like so small you can't even see it) of fact around them (other then 2012) so I am going with over-population.

The maya stated Dec 21/12/2012 would be a triple rebirth of the Sun and this is true. Everything else around it is probably made up but that part is true.

What will be the next? A very rough time and hopefully this will lead to some technoligical advances. I'm hoping for dimensional travel at some point in my lifetime being possible but no doubt there will be an endless supply of doomsday prophecies post 2012. I wouldn't rule out zombies either. :lol:

How did the Mayan calander 2012 thing turn into that Nibiru Planet X and alien bollox anyway?

That would be Immanuel Velikosky. He built the Electric Universe model out of Planet X and drew on many mythological sources. He came to the conclusion Nibiru or Hercolobus or Nemesis was on a 3,600 year orbit with the last passing being around 1588 and this being the basis of the Exodus story. It brings new meaning to Pass Over. I should add that IV changed the orbit length due to an allegeded collision. Who knows but that, I think is why the two get connected so frequently.

I will not debate 2012 with anybody so please don't try; there are more than enough threads about it so don't talk about it here.

Jav

But YOU brought it up......

I think the next big event will be 2033 the 2000th aniversary of the death of Jesus. If any of you who are old enough to recall Y2K many religious zealots jumped on the bandwagon with the claim that it was 2000 years since the birth of Jesus thus the rapture would occure, when nothing happened they immediately flipped stating it would be in 2033 (Jesus was 33 years old at the time of his death). I think that when (not if) nothing happens in 2012 this will become the new doom and gloom bandwagon.

The maya stated Dec 21/12/2012 would be a triple rebirth of the Sun and this is true. Everything else around it is probably made up but that part is true.

What will be the next? A very rough time and hopefully this will lead to some technoligical advances. I'm hoping for dimensional travel at some point in my lifetime being possible but no doubt there will be an endless supply of doomsday prophecies post 2012. I wouldn't rule out zombies either. :lol:

Slim, I'm repeating it again, the Maya said nothing at all about 21/12/2012! It's their calendar that switches cycles. Anything else is speculation by either scientists or fringe idiots.

That would be Immanuel Velikosky. He built the Electric Universe model out of Planet X and drew on many mythological sources. He came to the conclusion Nibiru or Hercolobus or Nemesis was on a 3,600 year orbit with the last passing being around 1588 and this being the basis of the Exodus story. It brings new meaning to Pass Over. I should add that IV changed the orbit length due to an allegeded collision. Who knows but that, I think is why the two get connected so frequently.

Not only Veliksoky, also Sitchin and Von Däniken, and that crazy woman Lieder.

Slim, I'm repeating it again, the Maya said nothing at all about 21/12/2012! It's their calendar that switches cycles. Anything else is speculation by either scientists or fringe idiots.

Not only Veliksoky, also Sitchin and Von Däniken, and that crazy woman Lieder.

I thought we discussed the Chicen Itza ball court before. The 21st is the winter solstice, right? That is all it means but it occurs at in such a way that is rare and this is why it was seen as so sacred.

Can't find the exact site I quoted at the time but I agree that a lot has been added to the Triple Sacred Rebirth without full justification. It's always important to discriminate the wheat from the chaff when researching this stuff. Everyone has a line of ridiculousness, mine just moves around a little bit.

https://webspace.utexas.edu/jgk1102/maya_chichen_itza.html

If anyone wants to understand the more speculative aspects of 2012 the link below should help greatly.

http://www.galactic-centre-2012.com/

I like the point about 2033 and you are probably correct. Before the return of the Christ there must be the reign of the Antichrist. This could mean we are in for a rotten time between then and now. Note, I don't necessarily believe Revelations to be true but I do think thet PTB are clever enoguh to incoporate prophecy into the grand plan, if they have one.

Guys if you want to talk 2012 please take it somewhere else. There are more than enough places to do it.

The 2033 scenario seems like another likely one to catch on. Anybody have any technology based ones that they think will be coming down the tube.

284Dan Read my post; I used more than one event as examples. This is about these events in general, I only use 2012 as an example because it is current. If you have any ideas great but honestly 2012 has been done to death.

Jav

Edited by Javril

Guys if you want to talk 2012 please take it somewhere else. There are more than enough places to do it.

The 2033 scenario seems like another likely one to catch on. Anybody have any technology based ones that they think will be coming down the tube.

284Dan Read my post; I used more than one event as examples. This is about these events in general, I only use 2012 as an example because it is current. If you have any ideas great but honestly 2012 has been done to death.

Jav

And yet so people including yourself fail to understand it. The truth behind 2012 is an event that astronomically only occurs ever 2,100 years or so, so how can there be a next 2012 in our lifetimes? I have tried to participate as I thought you intended but how can you look for the next of something without knowing what the first thing is actually about. You might have been better specifying 2012 as to mean a dommsday scenario as believe it or not a lot of people think the tri sacred rebirth will usher in good aswell as bad times.

2033 is a good shout but are you talking about a connection astronomically or astrologically or just some prophecy that people will jump on. If it is the latter there will probably be plenty, some incoporating aliens but you have honestly left me a little confused by your hostility. Noo beef but that is what I think.

And yet so people including yourself fail to understand it. The truth behind 2012 is an event that astronomically only occurs ever 2,100 years or so, so how can there be a next 2012 in our lifetimes? I have tried to participate as I thought you intended but how can you look for the next of something without knowing what the first thing is actually about. You might have been better specifying 2012 as to mean a dommsday scenario as believe it or not a lot of people think the tri sacred rebirth will usher in good aswell as bad times.

2033 is a good shout but are you talking about a connection astronomically or astrologically or just some prophecy that people will jump on. If it is the latter there will probably be plenty, some incoporating aliens but you have honestly left me a little confused by your hostility. Noo beef but that is what I think.

Maybe I was not clear during my initial post, I should have named this "The Next Big Panic". I'm talking about the panic people got in before Y2K and are getting in about 2012; So after 2012 what will be the next thing people get in a panic about. I am only using 2012 as an example. I understand that there is astronomical significances but I'm talking about those who think this is the end of the world.

I apologize if I appeared to be hostile; It was not my intention, it is easy to mistake intention on the internet. I asked people not to start debating 2012 because it is just an example; it is not the topic of the thread and as I said before there are many places to talk about it.

So to restate my intended initial question

What will be the next panic inducing event that we will all be talking about and debating. Will it be related to medicine, space, technology... ect.

Jav

Edited by Javril

Maybe I was not clear during my initial post, I should have named this "The Next Big Panic". I'm talking about the panic people got in before Y2K and are getting in about 2012; So after 2012 what will be the next thing people get in a panic about. I am only using 2012 as an example.

I apologize if I appeared to be hostile; It was not my intention, it is easy to mistake intention on the internet. I asked people not to start debating 2012 because it is just an example; it is not the topic of the thread and as I said before there are many places to talk about it.

So to restate my intended initial question

What will be the next panic inducing event that we will all be talking about and debating. Will it be related to medicine, space, technology... ect.

Jav

Thanks for clarifying. Misreading comments on the net is all too easy but I understand why you wanted to make the distinction. Truce? :)

Someone has mentioned overpopulation but I think more specifically it will be food shortages. The oil spill and everything will drive up transport costs in the long run and this will knock on to food. Imagine a world where people would mug you for your groceries and there is mass unemployment. I think it will be a combination of factors like bee colony collapse and the threat of bird flu or any other animal transferred virus.

There is also the weakening magnetic field of the Earth and Sun spot cycles that could pose a threat and cause panic. The single most likely event that would cause global terror is Yellowstone eruption. Personally I don't see it happening but with a weakening field of magnetism earth changes may be more likely.

Nuclear war would never be good and I am surprised to hear the UK is considering benching the Trident detterent which I think is a bad idea.

Last one actually falls on the 2012 date but you might want to look up Swansat because I think advanced sattelite technology is going to play a big part in the future post 2012.

Sounds good Slim

Anyways I agree that over crowding will probably be an issue but I'm sure we'll get another pandemic scare sometime before then. It may be the real deal or it may not but disease scares people; you could argue it being a by-product of over crowding.

Jav

I'm working on the next 'panic'...something to cash in on. One of my sayings goes something like this, "if you have no morals or ethics it is incredibly easy to become rich". After reading scams perpetuated by 'experts' regarding future predictions that come and go without notice and seeing the books being sold to those that fall for them I am tempted to give it a shot. The trick would be to make a future prediction based on a tiny bit of actual fact, mix in some psuedo science and archeaology, make it too difficult for the lazy to investigate and sound as though it is difficult to understand but actually say nothing....(if any of that makes sense).

The next big panic? Hell it seems there's dozen each week. Problem is I haven't heard a specific date for most. Heck, 2020 - why? Because its 20 and 20. That's enough for someone to come up with a bunch of bogus crap.

Hi

We've lived through Y2K, The Killer Bees, and a bunch of others and we'll live through 2012; so what is next? What will be the next big panic? What will get everyone all hot and bothered? What are they going to change the name of this forum to? Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions or favorites?

Jav

2199 when we realized that we are in the Matrix.

the next 2012 is when they outlaw alcohol again and then tell everyone that they can only have Marijuana for a mind altering substance. Then they'll outlaw all adult magazines and movies because it destroys society's way of like, then tax everyone for walking because when we breath we exspell carbon dioxide.

Hi

Jav

I met a guy some years back who said that through his and his friend's 'extensive research' he concluded that the year might be off by about 8 years, so 2020 is the real date that Nibiru will be coming by. This guy was heavily into Sitchen and ancient alien theory. Like heavily. He introduced me to the bulk of the ancient alien nonsense actually.

If I remember, his reasoning was that in Planet X's 3600 year orbit the last time that it passed by was evidenced by the sun standing still during the Egyptian plagues or something or other. So I'll play devil's advocate and say 2020.

2030s new 2012 as technically they are 2000 years after Christ's death or something...

Maybe Arnold Schwarzenegger will show up naked in a field of electric impulses and start looking for Sarah Connors. :w00t:

Seriously though, I'd be worried about a new pandemic.

Love your sig gif jesspy. Funny!

What about the solar storms predicted for 2013?

I think that would be the most likeliest scenario.

I'll have my umbrella ready.

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but there is no specific solar storm predicted for 2013. Solar storms can't be predicted more than a few hours in advance. However, the maximum of solar activity in the current solar cycle is predicted for May 2013, but that is just a statistical prediction. The May 2013 maximum is predicted to be quite average really. See this article, from Nasa

The Earth has been subjected to solar storms throughout its history. Granted, we are a bit more vulnerable now than in the past because of our greater dependence on electronics and satellites, but not a single human being throughout history has ever been injured or killed by a solar storm.

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but there is no specific solar storm predicted for 2013. Solar storms can't be predicted more than a few hours in advance. However, the maximum of solar activity in the current solar cycle is predicted for May 2013, but that is just a statistical prediction. The May 2013 maximum is predicted to be quite average really. See this article, from Nasa

The Earth has been subjected to solar storms throughout its history. Granted, we are a bit more vulnerable now than in the past because of our greater dependence on electronics and satellites, but not a single human being throughout history has ever been injured or killed by a solar storm.

Thanks, that's just what I was suggesting as the most likeliest scenario, when compared to most of the other tripe floating around.

I agree, solar storms only threaten our electronics. What concerns me is, how people would react after such an occurance. Worst case scenario, it could get very ugly.