Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Miracle at Hiroshima

markdohle

The documentary trailer opens on Hiroshima, August 6, 1945. The video gives an account of the miraculous survival of Father Hubert Schiffer and other Jesuit missionaries from the atomic explosion at Hiroshima, Japan.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Maloik

• markdohle

• Larving

• Black Hound

Iff tthey were at Ground Zero, and survived, it would truly constitute a miracle. If in 20 mls. of the explosion, and suffered no ill effects from it,I would consider it also a miracle, though otherd did survive at that distance. It would seem "someone" was watching over them through the whole event. Didn't know anything about this info.Thank you for sharing. I will certainlly look it up.

Clearly the other 100.000+ people were unfit for god's mercy.

I guess that's one way to look at it. Though the Americn POWs kept in the city might not agree about being worthy/unworthy to be saved.

I hadn't hear of this either, so I've had a good poke round. The paranoia began to kick in once it became clear that the only correspondents, witnesses or commentators were Churchmen! If there are any comments from the laity, I'd be grateful if somebody would point me in their direction. In the meantime, Fr. Schiffer and his human boron rods will go in the same file as the Angel of Mons and 'St. Eric's toenail clippings cures blindness'.

Clearly the other 100.000+ people were unfit for god's mercy.

I think it is man who has not mercy. If this happen it is a sign of some kind, that perhaps is related to Fatima.

Peace

mark

I hadn't hear of this either, so I've had a good poke round. The paranoia began to kick in once it became clear that the only correspondents, witnesses or commentators were Churchmen! If there are any comments from the laity, I'd be grateful if somebody would point me in their direction. In the meantime, Fr. Schiffer and his human boron rods will go in the same file as the Angel of Mons and 'St. Eric's toenail clippings cures blindness'.

They were close to the blast site, they were the only surviors, yet I understand your being a skeptic, yet their are medical records and the church was there standing when all else was in ruins. Could have a natural explanation.

Peace

mark

I would like to see some documentation to support this video's claims. To my knowledge it's a clip from a DVD "Finding Fatima" produced by some Catholic religious organization concerned with Our Lady of Fatima apparition in Fatima Portugal in 1917.

http://www.zimbio.com/Miracles+of+Faith/articles/qkdtEIqSkmK/Finding+Fatima+Documentary+Miracle+Hiroshima

i saw a special where a woman a quarter of a mile from ground zero survived the hiroshima blast because whe was working in a huge bank and was lucky enough to be in the vault when the shock wave hit her.

she had broken bones and burns,but she survived.i don't know if it were divine intervention that saved her,but she survived.

Edited by JLT63

i saw a special where a woman a quarter of a mile from ground zero survived the hiroshima blast because whe was working in a huge bank and was lucky enough to be in the vault when the shock wave hit her.

she had broken bones and burns,but she survived.i don't know if it were divine intervention that saved her,but she survived.

I think you just stated that being in the vault saved her.

I think you just stated that being in the vault saved her.

that and the fact the building she was in did a great job of handling the shock wave that hit it.

if she were in an all steel or wood building and inside a vault,she would have died.

As I recall, there were a number of people close to the blast site who survived, including a fellow who suffered extreme burns on the side eof his face that was exposed.

As I recall, there were a number of people close to the blast site who survived, including a fellow who suffered extreme burns on the side eof his face that was exposed.

i think that guy in your avatar was one of them! lol

i think that guy in your avatar was one of them! lol

Hey.. my mother loved me.

At a distance.

Upshot is, you save money on night lights.

unless you live with blind people,with a mug like that,she's gonna be about the only person that loves ya other than they do ! lol

I'd like to see evidence. Maybe photos of the church that supposedly survived circa the explosion (and something like a building still standing after the blast is something the Yanks would examine and document, as is survivors that close to a blast they knew should have literally atomised them).

I'd like to see evidence. Maybe photos of the church that supposedly survived circa the explosion (and something like a building still standing after the blast is something the Yanks would examine and document, as is survivors that close to a blast they knew should have literally atomised them).

I second that. How about some proof?

Two ladies survived the blast only 200m (I think) from the blasts centre, they were inside the bank, that had huge granite walls, they survived the blast but one of the ladies died from injuries sustained shortly after, the other lady lived to a ripe old age and was interviewed by the BBC for a special 2 hour documentory that was shown a few years back.

:tu::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:tu:

Agree.:clap::tu: Not a single word I believe in this story. That kind of surviving is a biological impossibility. I'm sure it's an advertisement of church missionaries only.

Just in, another miracle has happened.

Atheists survived the middle ages :whistle: