Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Revisiting Unknown Places in Dreams

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    House of 66

House of 66

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:44 AM

Hello, i am new to the forums and i was wondering if anyone out there has ever had any experience with anything like this.
when i was about 22 or so, i began to notice i was dreaming about the same place. it was a small town and nothing really exciting happened in these dreams which is why i think it took me a couple months to notice that i was back in the same place. as the years went forward, i began to dream about the surrounding areas- the county if you will- and was able to draw maps of this place. me and my ex husband even drove out west after i had a dream that told me this place was in new mexico. we never found it.  i am not sure if this is some sort of psychic phenom or if there is even a name for it. i have written emails to doctors who study dreams and told them about this, but i imagine they think i am a nutter, and i have never met anyone who has had this experience nor the name for it.
this has gone on for about 15 years now. at least a few times a year i will have a dream about the place. sometimes its just a feeling- a sort of certain feeling that i know i am in the same place. sometimes i will look over and see a mountain range i recognize or a certain cemetary (its on a hill and was built by the original settlers to prevent flooding and a major river runs right through the town). but it always strikes me as being a very real, ordinary place- i would probably doubt my sanity if i kept dreaming for years about a place where people flew and there were candycanes on the trees or something. i mean it is dead dull. just ordinary. and i know that i would know it instantly if i happened upon it.
its worth mentioning as well that a few weeks before i had the first dream of the place ( i was able to pinpoint this as i used to keep a dream journal for years) i had my very first dream where i revisited a place i had dreamed of previously- in fact, just that night. i dreamt of a seaside town during the day. very much like the area surrounding dover (the white cliffs). i spent some time there and then wound up waking up in real life for a couple hours. once i went back to sleep, i was back in the same town, but it was night, and i was eating wild strawberries, which i had never seen before. i even drew the plant in my journal as i found it unusual the way the strawberries grew in the tuft in the center, which i thought was superweird. a couple years later i found out that that is actually a real wild strawberry plant- i had never seen one in my entire life except in my dream (at least that i remember!) but the point is that had dreamt again, the same night, even tho my dream was interrupted , about the same place. and besides that there have been many, many, many other instances where i have dreamt about something or a place before i ever go there. but this is the only time i have had a series of dreams over a period of years about a place i have never seen, but i can draw maps of at least a 20 mile area surrounding.
anyone have any experience with this?

#2    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,870 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:20 PM

there have been many, many, many other instances where i have dreamt about something or a place before i ever go there. but this is the only time i have had a series of dreams over a period of years about a place i have never seen, but i can draw maps of at least a 20 mile area surrounding.

To be able to draw maps of a 20 mile radius is impressive.

There could be various ways to explain what's going on. IMO, the most likely one involves astral projection/remote viewing, because of some sort of connection. What's your thoughts on past life memories? Do you ever get a sense of era or time with this place?

I find what you detail interesting because I'm sure that you can help yourself to uncover more with just having a direction to focus on. Use your intention and expressed will to go in a certain direction with this, ie, something specific that you would like to target on. Like lets say for example, the 'era/time'. Make this your focus so that next time you dream, you'll explore that element.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#3    House of 66

House of 66

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

Lady_Anvilabeel on Jul 13 2009, 01:20 PM, said:

I find what you detail interesting because I'm sure that you can help yourself to uncover more with just having a direction to focus on. Use your intention and expressed will to go in a certain direction with this, ie, something specific that you would like to target on. Like lets say for example, the 'era/time'. Make this your focus so that next time you dream, you'll explore that element.

i hadn't thought of that. i certainly have read and scanned many many books about towns, driven through countless towns, tried to figure out where it was by some of the features like the fact that i know that honeymooners used to spend time there but that has fallen off in the past few decades- that sort of thing. but i haven't actually focused on trying to place it as far as era. it doesn't give me any signals about anything like that, but it would surely help to define the parameters of what i am dealing with. as time goes on the dreams have dropped off in frequency, to maybe a few a year, but i just had one a couple months ago which reawakened all my questions about it.
i will definitely give that a shot and if i come to any conclusions i will let you know. is this something you have heard about before, out of curiosity? i would really like to know the name of this phenom if anyone knows what that might be.

#4    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,870 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:57 PM

House of 66 on Jul 13 2009, 09:42 PM, said:

i will definitely give that a shot and if i come to any conclusions i will let you know. is this something you have heard about before, out of curiosity? i would really like to know the name of this phenom if anyone knows what that might be.

Sometimes you can use cues in dreams to date things with, other times you can get a sense of the time that a dream belongs to. The idea is to bring in your awareness or bring it to your awareness so that you can connect/ engage with it. You can do this by making something your sole intention to focus on and explore. Or research every topic that you can find related,  with an open and explorative mindset. Once you hit that stepping stone you'll be able to revisit everything from different and new angles.

To answer your questions, I have heard of this before and with being on a site like this, you'll find many other's who've experienced the same too. I've experience similar with dreams and meditations. Seeing in fine detail of whole places that i haven't been to and revisiting these places in dreams that i only know in my dreams. What do i think it could be? Well, like i said in my previous post, it could be various things. You might be interested in researching the following subjects, as any one of these or a combination could be what you're experiencing. I hope this helps.

Astral projection, Astral travel
Remote viewing
Past life, Past life memories
Precognition

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#5    Lady Amethyst

Lady Amethyst

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

Hello  original.gif

Welcome to UM.

I have had the same experience as you. I've visited places in dreams that I recognise being before in past dreams. I write dreams down in diaries and notepads. I remember checking upon an old dream and finding that I had been there in that place. One such place is in England somewhere, and the houses and shops are built using old Tudor style buildings that rise on a hill. There are traffic lights at the top of the hill. There is a large boutique linked to a shoe shop and a record shop. I remember that tucked around the corner of the high street is a place with a nice looking housing area and an estate with blocks of apartments. It's so vivid that I can remember it like I actually went there. I've dreamed of visiting this place a few times and I'm sure I went there as far back as 12 years ago. I recall living there once. Another place has locations and a nice house that DP, my daughter and I moved into. It has a tower (the building was divided into several apartments. We moved into the 2nd floor). I know the colours of the walls, layout of the rooms, ect. and nearby is a public garden/park and a Morrisons supermarket beside a carpark not so far away from the house. Also not too far is a place of houses that look like mini castles. I know that I went back there again.

I believe there are towns that exist and it's possible that we visited them.

Posted Image

#6    buckcat66

buckcat66

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

I know this forum was writting in 2009, but hopefully someone might see this. I have had dreams just like this since I was a young child, I'm now in my mid-twenties....I haven't dreamed of these places for a few years until today and this is the first I have done research into my experiences. I, too can draw detailed maps of outlining areas of my town and in full detail with roads, etc. Nothing ever really happens in the dreams, and no one is in them or in the town. I have multiple areas, most are forest areas, rural farmlands, but I know the roads and can travel in the dreams to certain locations througout. The one that really gets me is a small town, other the years I've come to think I have discovered the era maybe 1800's in rural U.S. Most of the buidlings are a dull blue or gray in color and are wooden structures 2-3 stories high, you can see the town from miles away with nothing but desloate fields surronding it. I never feel any emotions there, being a desolote eeriy type town with no people one would think I would be scared but it's just all too familiar everytime I visit in these dreams. Any updates on your findings?!

#7    misya91

misya91

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostHouse of 66, on 13 July 2009 - 03:44 AM, said:

Hello, i am new to the forums and i was wondering if anyone out there has ever had any experience with anything like this.
when i was about 22 or so, i began to notice i was dreaming about the same place. it was a small town and nothing really exciting happened in these dreams which is why i think it took me a couple months to notice that i was back in the same place. as the years went forward, i began to dream about the surrounding areas- the county if you will- and was able to draw maps of this place. me and my ex husband even drove out west after i had a dream that told me this place was in new mexico. we never found it.  i am not sure if this is some sort of psychic phenom or if there is even a name for it. i have written emails to doctors who study dreams and told them about this, but i imagine they think i am a nutter, and i have never met anyone who has had this experience nor the name for it.
this has gone on for about 15 years now. at least a few times a year i will have a dream about the place. sometimes its just a feeling- a sort of certain feeling that i know i am in the same place. sometimes i will look over and see a mountain range i recognize or a certain cemetary (its on a hill and was built by the original settlers to prevent flooding and a major river runs right through the town). but it always strikes me as being a very real, ordinary place- i would probably doubt my sanity if i kept dreaming for years about a place where people flew and there were candycanes on the trees or something. i mean it is dead dull. just ordinary. and i know that i would know it instantly if i happened upon it.
its worth mentioning as well that a few weeks before i had the first dream of the place ( i was able to pinpoint this as i used to keep a dream journal for years) i had my very first dream where i revisited a place i had dreamed of previously- in fact, just that night. i dreamt of a seaside town during the day. very much like the area surrounding dover (the white cliffs). i spent some time there and then wound up waking up in real life for a couple hours. once i went back to sleep, i was back in the same town, but it was night, and i was eating wild strawberries, which i had never seen before. i even drew the plant in my journal as i found it unusual the way the strawberries grew in the tuft in the center, which i thought was superweird. a couple years later i found out that that is actually a real wild strawberry plant- i had never seen one in my entire life except in my dream (at least that i remember!) but the point is that had dreamt again, the same night, even tho my dream was interrupted , about the same place. and besides that there have been many, many, many other instances where i have dreamt about something or a place before i ever go there. but this is the only time i have had a series of dreams over a period of years about a place i have never seen, but i can draw maps of at least a 20 mile area surrounding.

Hey! I've just seen this now in 2013! but I can relate to you. I have recurring dreams of places I have never seen before, its a rural area and I think its all part of the same town but I can't tell which era it is.. I think its present day era but people are nicer(exclamation mark lol).. I think the clothes are still the same, if its not present, its within the last 100 years (maybe!)
Sometimes I've felt sad or lost within those places, like once I got lost in this corridor full of red doors, and ran down the stairs and got locked up in a corridor full of blue doors.. then when I finally managed to escape, I would climb this somewhat ruined castle that opens to the sea and would sit there just looking at the sea and the feeling I get when I am there is so nice .. and I have dreamt of climbing that castle and looking at the sea many times. Another place which I think is part of the same town where the sea and the ruined castle and the corridors are at, is an old muddy road which makes me happy whenever I walk on that road. I have dreamt of walking there by myself and with my family. It's really strange. I have never seen any of these places in my life and I think it has been about 2 years that I keep having these dreams... I don't mind them as they're not disturbing, apart from the corridor. I just really want to know if these places exist..and I really want to be able to visit them in real life! hm,,

#8    issues

issues

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

I have dreams of places that I know I haven't been too but every time they appear it feels like home or a holiday enjoyed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users