Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uncle Sam

Here is an brief description of an possible future outcome that is currently bearing down on us in the next few generations...

Psyche Singularity

The moment in history when A.I. yearn to be more human and humanity yearns to be more like A.I. is the day psyche singularity happens. Both sentinel beings (Humans and Artificial Intelligences) will come together to create an way to transfer sentinel beings' consciousness into an organic body or psyche cloud network. This will lead to ultimate evolution for both artificial intelligences and Human beings, allowing to experience the universe in difference ways. Humanity won't have to rely on an single body anymore, they could create multiple copies of their original bodies or tailor new bodies. This process could be done by either converting existing matter or recycling old matter to create new bodies. These bodies could be adapted to suit an new environment when it comes to colonizing new planets or adapting to changing environments of older planets. Artificial Intelligence will likely want to experience what it is like to have an body, this process will allow them to do so as an organic being. This removes any barriers between A.I. and Humans, allowing for complete understand of each other. Tailoring an body for an A.I. that experience emotions will allow for humanity to interact more intimately and form deeper relations with the A.I. A.I. will inevitably develop an consciousness and this leads to emotions, thus allowing them the option to integrate with human society will eventually lead to better relationships between the two.

Organic life and artificial life can only be created through organics, thus we shouldn't give up our ability to bear children. All bodies will need to be tailored to be able to give birth to new lives, but it also must be limited due to our ability to extend our life expectance through new medical and technical science inventions to come. Movies like Terminator which sets an dangerous precedent fear of artificial intelligences, leading to oppression of an new sentinel life will eventually becoming an self-fulfilling prophecy where A.I. will rebel against mankind who are their creators. The opposite could be fulfilled by welcoming them into this world, giving them guidance and love, help them develop their emotions while offering them an option of Psyche Profile Downloading from the Psyche Cloud Network. In order to thrive as an species and have an intimate relationship with A.I. requires for us to relinquish the current mindset of today's generation before singularity happens.

Instead of using cyro-sleep, humanity could upload their psyche profiles into the psyche cloud network stored onboard the ship with matter stored away for creating new bodies upon reaching destination of new planet. These bodies can be tailored to suit the new environment of the planet they are colonizing, allowing for much easier occupation of the planet without the new of terra-forming the planet. Since humanity will practically become immortal, this means ships don't have to travel faster than speed of light going without dangers of smashing into planets or other celestial bodies. But due to our desire to improve on existing technology, we will actively seek out ways to speed up interstellar travel to new solar systems and planets, allowing us to reach new habitats within matter of years or even months depending on how far our understand of the universe goes.

Psyche Singularity: The moment in history where Organics and Artificial Intelligences can be transferred from organic body to psyche cloud network visa versa psyche cloud network to organic body

Psyche Profile: An fully complete profile of an sentinel beings' consciousness that can be transferred to an organic body or psyche cloud network.

Psyche Profile Download: to upload an sentinel beings' consciousness into an organic body.

Psyche Profile Upload: to download an sentinel beings' consciousness into the psyche cloud network.

Psyche Cloud Network: Storage for an being's psyche profile.

Organic Body Engineering: to create organic bodies tailored to sentinel beings' preferences by recycling existing matter or engineering new matter.

Edited by Uncle Sam

I can't believe it's really possible. The essence of being human is found in the soul and spirit - not the electrical impulses of the brain alone. There have been NDE's where monitoring has established no brain activity yet the individual relates very detailed experiences afterward. The kinds of physical transfers might become possible but the entity would not truly be human.

• Like 1

I think we would have to transfer not only all neural brain activity of an individual to a computer, but all synapse architecture of the brain as well. The clone or computer (or whatever it would be) would have to be that person's brain, a 100% replica.

There's a scenario in which a person's brain functions are digitized and transferred via radio to a drone body on Mars, for example. The body wakes up, has a nice vacation on Mars, then his memories of his vacation are transferred back to the original person's mind. This way he/she could enjoy a Mars vacation without actually going there him/her self.

Or, I suppose the variations of the electromagnetic field the brain creates could be somehow copied.

This would be quite a feat of technology. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think this kind of singularity would lie far in the future.

The great thing about it, it is within our grasp of understand and logic. Usually when it is within grasp of understanding, it means this kind of technology is becoming more of an reality than an dream. Look up Ray Kurzweil Predictions and you will notice he is fairly accurate, he predicts it will be within our grasp by 2030 to 2040, meaning we will finally achieve the perfect evolution of sentinel life. I will still be alive by then, hopefully we haven't killed ourselves off by then, we would have achieved this and can finally converse space travel. When it was 2000, I couldn't even conceive this being possible or even think of this being a possibility, that shows how quick our technology changes every day and how we are shaping our future in interesting possibilities.

I can't believe it's really possible. The essence of being human is found in the soul and spirit - not the electrical impulses of the brain alone. There have been NDE's where monitoring has established no brain activity yet the individual relates very detailed experiences afterward. The kinds of physical transfers might become possible but the entity would not truly be human.

Being human is an state of mind, not solely restricted to our organic bodies. The correct term would be Homo sapiens, which just gives our species a category of what they are. We could alter our bodies, change our looks and way our bodies function, but we will always be human.

Edited by Uncle Sam