Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony


  • Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#3376    Hazzard

Hazzard

    Stellar Black Hole

  • Member
  • 11,757 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside Voyager 1.

  • Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 11 October 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

It's filmed by an associate of Jaime Mausson.

Looks like a balloon of some sort.  Not as weird as these http://www.google.se...iw=1920&bih=930 but definitely a balloon.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3377    Hazzard

Hazzard

    Stellar Black Hole

  • Member
  • 11,757 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside Voyager 1.

  • Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

View Postzoser, on 11 October 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

I dunno.  They don't seem to behave like balloons.  Take a quick peek at this:




Good God, dude,... Why go beyond silly when there are genuine cases out there. You are doing UFOology no favors with this drivel.


Those are BALLOONS.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3378    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    “What’s wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 11 October 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

I've seen this one before.  Bizarre.


It's filmed by an associate of Jaime Mausson.

It appears to be changing shape, that is odd same with your video Zoser they also appear to be changing shape

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#3379    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,436 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

LMAO.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#3380    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    “What’s wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 11 October 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

LMAO.

Are you laughing at my comment, I never said they were flying saucers

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#3381    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,436 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 11 October 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

Are you laughing at my comment, I never said they were flying saucers

No, just the back and forth of it all. It gets to be asinine.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#3382    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    “What’s wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 11 October 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:



No, just the back and forth of it all. It gets to be asinine.

Oh I see lol yeah it does tend to go that direction
Hey what do you think of the Dylatlov Pass incident?

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#3383    Hazzard

Hazzard

    Stellar Black Hole

  • Member
  • 11,757 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside Voyager 1.

  • Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 11 October 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

Hey what do you think of the Dylatlov Pass incident?

I never heard of this one,...

From wiki - Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. Access to the area was barred for skiers and other adventurers for three years after the incident. The chronology of the incident remains unclear because of the lack of survivors.

Investigators at the time determined that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot into heavy snow and a temperature of −30 °C (−22 °F). Although the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue. Their clothing, when tested, was found to be highly radioactive.



:unsure2:

Edited by Hazzard, 11 October 2012 - 10:37 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3384    Hazzard

Hazzard

    Stellar Black Hole

  • Member
  • 11,757 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside Voyager 1.

  • Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

    DYATLOV PASS - SOME ANSWERS. http://www.aquiziam....ss_answers.html

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3385    1963

1963

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:BEDLAM

  • When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 11 October 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

It appears to be changing shape, that is odd same with your video Zoser they also appear to be changing shape

Hi R4!

Hope you don't mind me letting you know that this video is actually a bunch of mylar balloons that was fastened together and released discretely for the camera-man [who is a close friend to Jaime Maussan ..and the provider of a large part of the UFO footage on Jaime's show] , to see if they would actually fool Jaime into believing that it was a genuine UFO!...And It Did!...

http://manwolfshowls...01_archive.html


...and as for The Dyatlov Pass Incident...?....Well, I see that Hazzard has already put you on to the best source of information about that 'great tragic mystery' !...I have been fascinated by the story for several years now. And though there were some cursory-mention to some mysterious lights that were witnessed by some people that were tenting miles away...in my opinion, this is not really a UFO mystery at all!...But a mystery that is just as perplexing , and the more that you ruminate the possible scenarios in your mind,...then the more hypnotic the mystery of just what made them go crazy and vitually comit a freezing mass  suicide becomes!...There are many possibilities as to why they sliced open and fled from their tent, that fateful night!...Fear of avalanche seems to be favourite....but personally, i'm not convinced of that?...[the tent's positioning doesn't appear to support that hypothesis in my mind]...but who knows?...and will we ever know..?
But nevertheless, it will always be one of the great mysteries for my money...but , just not a UFO mystery!

What are your thoughts on the matter R4? :unsure2:

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

#3386    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    “What’s wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

View PostHazzard, on 11 October 2012 - 10:31 PM, said:

I never heard of this one,...

From wiki - Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths. Access to the area was barred for skiers and other adventurers for three years after the incident. The chronology of the incident remains unclear because of the lack of survivors.

Investigators at the time determined that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot into heavy snow and a temperature of −30 °C (−22 °F). Although the corpses showed no signs of struggle, two victims had fractured skulls, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue. Their clothing, when tested, was found to be highly radioactive.



:unsure2:
I read through that whole link, I  was greatly disinformed and Iv read numerous things about this incident. But I guess mystery solved??

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#3387    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    “What’s wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

View Post1963, on 12 October 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

Hi R4!

Hope you don't mind me letting you know that this video is actually a bunch of mylar balloons that was fastened together and released discretely for the camera-man [who is a close friend to Jaime Maussan ..and the provider of a large part of the UFO footage on Jaime's show] , to see if they would actually fool Jaime into believing that it was a genuine UFO!...And It Did!...

http://manwolfshowls...01_archive.html


...and as for The Dyatlov Pass Incident...?....Well, I see that Hazzard has already put you on to the best source of information about that 'great tragic mystery' !...I have been fascinated by the story for several years now. And though there were some cursory-mention to some mysterious lights that were witnessed by some people that were tenting miles away...in my opinion, this is not really a UFO mystery at all!...But a mystery that is just as perplexing , and the more that you ruminate the possible scenarios in your mind,...then the more hypnotic the mystery of just what made them go crazy and vitually comit a freezing mass  suicide becomes!...There are many possibilities as to why they sliced open and fled from their tent, that fateful night!...Fear of avalanche seems to be favourite....but personally, i'm not convinced of that?...[the tent's positioning doesn't appear to support that hypothesis in my mind]...but who knows?...and will we ever know..?
But nevertheless, it will always be one of the great mysteries for my money...but , just not a UFO mystery!

What are your thoughts on the matter R4? :unsure2:

Cheers.

Yeah thanks and like I pointed out earlier I never said those things were UFO's I just said that they appeared to be changing there shape. But thanks for giving me the info on that :tu:

Now as for the Dyatlov Pass incident I guess that mysteries as solved as its ever going to be, Iv also read a ton of information on that incident and was greatly confounded by what I had read. For instance I read somewhere ( I cant recall the article ) that the bodies had been crushed with all of the internal organs ruined yet no traces of foul play were found on the skin. I found this case interesting and like they said in the link Hazzard supplied What would cause experianced hikers to just bail out of there tents in the middle of a hostile storm..???

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#3388    synchronomy

synchronomy

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • Joined:05 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario Canada

  • Facinating

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 12 October 2012 - 03:06 AM, said:


What would cause experianced hikers to just bail out of there tents in the middle of a hostile storm..???

Россия стрелков водки! :tu:

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#3389    bmk1245

bmk1245

    puny village idiot

  • Member
  • 3,989 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vilnius, Lithuania

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

View Postquillius, on 10 October 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

ok
see-saw is the case
weight on one side (i.e. you and a biased stance)
so now I cannot do the case justice by sitting in the middle of seesaw as the bias that you entered with means it needs re-balancing, hence I take the opposite biased stance.....if you are not there I sit in the middle with no bias. Its basically to counter balance your bias.
:innocent:
[...]
My "request" was rhetorical... Thanks, anyway.

View Postquillius, on 10 October 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

[...]
thats one way of avoiding the question......though the question still stands, straight answer would be nice :alien:
[...]
How much of op. mockingbird - UFO connection factual, and how much is based on conjecture/speculations/fiction? When you answer this to yourself, you'll have my answer.


View Postquillius, on 10 October 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

[...]what about those with beliefs as opposed to claims?
Blind belief and wanting to know aren't on the same page, nor book, not even in the same universe.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#3390    quillius

quillius

    52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

  • Member
  • 4,983 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 12 October 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

My "request" was rhetorical... Thanks, anyway.

:santa:  

View Postbmk1245, on 12 October 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:


How much of op. mockingbird - UFO connection factual, and how much is based on conjecture/speculations/fiction? When you answer this to yourself, you'll have my answer.
shall we go for a third attempt at a straight answer, or are we going to dance all night???


View Postbmk1245, on 12 October 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:



Blind belief and wanting to know aren't on the same page, nor book, not even in the same universe.

wanting to know isnt the point being discussed, the difference is between claims and belief.......how did wanting know enter the equation? :alien:





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users