Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I want more than to just believe

I want to see

Howdy all. First post me for me after being a member for a couple of years and generally a consistent reader of the forums most evenings in bed for those 15-30 minutes before it's lights out while my wife reads.

I'm in my 40s and have always been a believer in the Paranormal, the posibilities of extraterrestrial life and particularly the spirit world and things that go bump in the night. Trouble is, nothing ever has gone bump in the night - well, nothing of a spirit nature anyway! I have studied the skys, enjoyed astronomy, sat in my pool on hot summers evenings in the dark and observed what are most likely satelites and 'shooting stars' dancing across the sky but that elusive 'peak' at something just plain out abnormal or remotely 'alien' just has never come.

I live not far from an airbase (in NZ) and are fairly use to the comings and goings of planes and how they can appear at night and the noises they make, but still i can't even be remotely 'fooled' into seeing something in the distance that could be more UFO than not.

To say I am disappointed is somewhat of an understatement. I believe so strongly yet have never recieved any real validation of the paranormal. I read the stories, sightings, opinions and discussions often with some jealousy that it seems everyone else gets their share of the 'action' but never myself. Having said that, there is plenty of experiences i hear of via the forums that make me thankful that i don't have to experience those.

Of amusement, i was diagnosed as short sighted aged 7 and have since either worn glasses or contact lenses and the funny thing is without those i am fair blind as a bat...it's all a little fuzzy! I have always figured that if something ghost/ hatman /shadow person etc appeared at night in front of a waking me, I'd likely see nothing and still miss out!

I know it is raised often but it still never fails to amuse me that with the majority of us having cellphones, likely mostly with cameras and a good number of them being Smartphones with great cameras/video, then how do we collectively fail to gain better evidence of such things, especially the likes of the worldwide incidences of the flying tirangles? We are pretty much glued to our phones, yet any footage taken digitally is mostly (majority conclusion) doctored and yet you'd think there would be many, many chances to capture the paranormal.

Like I say, I'm disappointed. Doesn't mean my faith is wavering but gimme my share, throw me a bone, just a wee one. No demons please...

• Like 2

Do yourself a favour, it's really best not to look for supernatural stuff, because once you open your mind to them, they become like pests. Once they know that you can see them and sense them, They will constantly harrass you, especially when you are trying to sleep. Really not worth it.

Here's a video of a bar with security footage. Watch the entity fly out the window

these creatures are out there, it's just aswell you don't see or sense them. Be grateful for that. Normality is a good thing.

P.S I moved into a haunted house a long time ago, and I heard the footsteps at night. The clanging of pots and pans. The opening of a door and close. I eventually had enough of it, and i told the entity to p*** off, as i went back to bed, the b****** shook my bed like an earth quake. Thank fully my lease ended soon and I moved out of there. So trust me these things exists. And they are a PITA.

this is what i should of done!

http://www.wavy.com/dpps/news/strange_news/renters-sue-over-haunted-house_4141336

but i just put up with the hauntings until the lease ran out

Edited by pitchp
  • Like 2

I once believed in every aspect of the paranormal, the subject really excited me. But over my many years I have come to my own personal conclusion that it's all a fantasy. I have nothing to show for my years of blind belief.

I do miss the excitment.

• Like 3

Howdy all. First post me for me after being a member for a couple of years and generally a consistent reader of the forums most evenings in bed for those 15-30 minutes before it's lights out while my wife reads.

I'm in my 40s and have always been a believer in the Paranormal, the posibilities of extraterrestrial life and particularly the spirit world and things that go bump in the night. Trouble is, nothing ever has gone bump in the night - well, nothing of a spirit nature anyway! I have studied the skys, enjoyed astronomy, sat in my pool on hot summers evenings in the dark and observed what are most likely satelites and 'shooting stars' dancing across the sky but that elusive 'peak' at something just plain out abnormal or remotely 'alien' just has never come.

I live not far from an airbase (in NZ) and are fairly use to the comings and goings of planes and how they can appear at night and the noises they make, but still i can't even be remotely 'fooled' into seeing something in the distance that could be more UFO than not.

To say I am disappointed is somewhat of an understatement. I believe so strongly yet have never recieved any real validation of the paranormal. I read the stories, sightings, opinions and discussions often with some jealousy that it seems everyone else gets their share of the 'action' but never myself. Having said that, there is plenty of experiences i hear of via the forums that make me thankful that i don't have to experience those.

Of amusement, i was diagnosed as short sighted aged 7 and have since either worn glasses or contact lenses and the funny thing is without those i am fair blind as a bat...it's all a little fuzzy! I have always figured that if something ghost/ hatman /shadow person etc appeared at night in front of a waking me, I'd likely see nothing and still miss out!

I know it is raised often but it still never fails to amuse me that with the majority of us having cellphones, likely mostly with cameras and a good number of them being Smartphones with great cameras/video, then how do we collectively fail to gain better evidence of such things, especially the likes of the worldwide incidences of the flying tirangles? We are pretty much glued to our phones, yet any footage taken digitally is mostly (majority conclusion) doctored and yet you'd think there would be many, many chances to capture the paranormal.

Like I say, I'm disappointed. Doesn't mean my faith is wavering but gimme my share, throw me a bone, just a wee one. No demons please...

Your best bet of haveing an experience is through meditation.

This is something you can accomplish and is proactive.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&st=0

• Like 1

Pitchp, no doubting what you say. I'm all keen on an experience or two, but when you read over what some people go through, it sure does send a shiver up ones spine.

I've had mild family stories about ghosts etc but to actually experience something would rubber stamp everything.

Do yourself a favour, it's really best not to look for supernatural stuff, because once you open your mind to them, they become like pests. Once they know that you can see them and sense them, They will constantly harrass you, especially when you are trying to sleep. Really not worth it.

Here's a video of a bar with security footage. Watch the entity fly out the window

these creatures are out there, it's just aswell you don't see or sense them. Be grateful for that. Normality is a good thing.

P.S I moved into a haunted house a long time ago, and I heard the footsteps at night. The clanging of pots and pans. The opening of a door and close. I eventually had enough of it, and i told the entity to p*** off, as i went back to bed, the b****** shook my bed like an earth quake. Thank fully my lease ended soon and I moved out of there. So trust me these things exists. And they are a PITA.

this is what i should of done!

http://www.wavy.com/...d-house_4141336

but i just put up with the hauntings until the lease ran out

That's really creepy! I used to see "paranormal" stuff, then i asked that I see it only in my mind's eye, and life got a lot better.

Hello from Northern California. Just signed up yesterday. Glad to find this site.

Here's my first post for reference of "where I'm coming from".

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=241169

In my experience, after apparently being tagged by whatever beings were flying a craft I sighted one night, it was not until fourteen years later that I

was contacted again, and it was as you all have been saying. I had recently become very interested in revisting that experience, which for a long time I had been not necessarily trying to forget, but just leave be.

When I focused on it for a prolonged period, especially at night when I could really focus, my ears would began ringing, increasingly steadier and stronger, until finally there was contact. Both times this happened, I could not stop my brain from relentless questioning of them, of myself because of all the possibliites that seemed to open up. To clarify, no they don't talk to me per se, I sensed I needed to remain as calm as possible and be receptive to whatever it was. But it soon becomes impossible to maintain that clarity, and the noise of many questions and straining to sense some kind of answer is exhausing, resulting in just wanting to leave well enough alone again,.. until the next time.

As far as how to make contact, what apparently worked for me was to be the only human out and about in a suburban playing field late on a week night. lol.

RIght, If you relate an experience, you have no proof, and if you do get a picture/movie, it can be dismissed as doctored. Damned either way.

Seems to me all you can really do is read and sift for what resonates as true for you. And of course try and put yourself in a situation where it can happen.

I've gone back to that school's athletic field several times since over the years, but never had the same luck.

Regardless, it's an immensely worthy subject to ponder, and if be your desire, hopefully experience.

I cannot speak to the ghosts a poster above referred to that were able to become "pests", but the sphere/globes I encountered didn't ask or say anything. But their mere appearance definitely pestered me ask myself and get reaquainted with many questions about humanity, mortality, morality etc. until I was exhausted initially and I needed to step away. Not that I got any definitive answers to my questions by the way. Questions you can ask and ponder with or without a globe sphere as an audience. But it helps. ;)

Edited by LucasValley

• 2 months later...

Yes I have even asked so-called mediums to put a spiritual curse on me or ask to be possessed by demons just to validate my paranormal beliefs, but I have not seen a single shred of evidence that indicates the existence of the supernatural. All I see and read are photos and stories that have no way to be proven true.

They don't seek out skeptics for a reason.. it's easier to go for open or naïve minds than a closed one.

You need to work on your perceptions and awareness and learn to tune into the subtle levels of the non physical, that is where it all is. You yourself have to be able to 'receive' and interpret what you are perceiving neutrally - not with your 2 physical eyes - but your third eye and higher sensory perceptions. If you are not functioning as a receiver then you are never going to get any signals or comprehension of the subtle levels.

It's nothing to do with believing, but more to do with removing the belief structures that shape and hinder your perceptions because they are utterly biased. Like seeker said, meditation is the tool for learning how to do this.

We are pretty much glued to our phones, yet any footage taken digitally is mostly (majority conclusion) doctored and yet you'd think there would be many, many chances to capture the paranormal.

That's part of the problem. Too many people are 'glued' to their phones and not paying attention to what's going on around them. Just don't stop looking. You may get lucky sometime. I did.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to advertise that you're seeking a paranormal experience, since most of the people I know who have asked for one had some very negative experiences.

I'm really not sure why some people experience the paranormal while others do not. In my immediate family there seem to be as many of us who have had experiences--and even seem to do so regularly--while others either never have, or somehow failed to realize they were having one. My father, sister, son, wife, one of my brothers, and I have had different experiences, while my mother, other brother, daughter, newphews and nieces and in-laws have never had one.

My wife had not had any excperiences before we met. She listened to my accounts and the accounts of my father and sister and believed we were telling the truth, but just could not understand how they could be real until she had her own experience and it was a very negative one.

everything i say is a lie.... i am lieing .

the simple true answer is the hardest to understand , smart people can find a good explanation for what they know is not real .

you have to have the kind of mind that does not leap to explanation ... but see what you are seeing , not what you-think you are seeing or can beleive you are seeing .

when you see with a critical eye , that sees data , not explanations .. you will see alot of things that do not fit well .

frankly speaking , most people do not have time to figure out "what that was" they just saw , most people can be counted on to not be counted ... and honestly , all you have to do to not see something , is to be late for some very common event.

it takes a very very un-remarkable person to see a paranormal event ... it takes a very remarkable person to stop , and take notice of it .

that you want it to happen means that you sign'd up for being remarkable

• Like 1

Keep believing, be vigilant, pray for revelation, in time, usually trying times, you should witness something from above. Good luck and my God bless!

Re the OP:

Well, here’s my penny’s worth: leave well alone. All that stuff is actually what might be called ‘psychotic’. Psychotic symptoms include hallucinations (which can be visual, oral, purely tactile or involve any of the senses in any combination, and can seem to emanate from outside the person, or even appear to originate within the person’s head), hearing voices, delusions, feeling that you are someone else, possession and about any ‘abnormal’ mental state.

But having called these things ‘psychotic’ symptoms makes it all sound rather dire and un-natural. Actually, however, psychosis is just dreaming while awake. So these things are all just dreams that are experienced while a person is awake. Nevertheless, while the odd hallucination or whatever is perfectly fine and normal (you have probably had one but did not realize it was a hallucination; hallucinations can be of perfectly ordinary things, like a chair, or a wasp, and you would only know that is had been a hallucination if you had tried to sit on the chair, or catch the wasp).

It is, as someone else has said, perfectly easy to bring on these experiences: meditation can do it, or ‘vision quests’ as practiced by Native North Americans, or if you play with ouija boards and other such ‘paranormal’ phenomena, or, you could take to Antarctic Exploration --- Ernest Shackleton, the Antarctic Explorer, after two years stranded with the crew of his ship on an Antarctic Island, starved and exhausted, rowed 200 miles to a whaling station on another island. He and his two companions landed on the other side of the island from the station and had to cross some mountains to reach their goal. They got lost, but then someone appeared to them, an apparition, and led them over the mountains and once they were within sight of the station it disappeared. Lots of explorers and mountaineers and the like experience this sort of thing when they run into difficulties and are pushed to the limits of endurance. So, perhaps when I said it is ‘easy’ to bring these things on I was understating things a bit!

In everyday life stress and emotionalism can bring these things on. Emotions are the danger, really. These things can generate fear, and the fear actually sustains them, sort of acts like psychological ‘glue’, but any strong emotion, positive as well as negative, acts like psychological ‘glue’. The other side of that coin is that they are also easy to get rid of – I say ‘easy’, but though that is true, it can take a very long time: you get rid of all those sorts of phenomena by calming down, by not being afraid of them, or responding to them emotionally in any way at all. There are some meditation techniques which can help here, but, also, relaxation therapy, and then just doing simple things like reciting a mantra whenever you see or even think of a troublesome ‘phenomenon’: say something like, “This cannot hurt me. It is not real. It is only a dream.” Or, when you feel fear or anger or other emotion, you can say something like, “I don’t care. It is only fear. Fear cannot hurt me.” The ‘I don’t care’ phrase is a particularly effective one, and persistence WILL pay.

I am talking from experience. I have had my share of these things, from seeing a ghost at the age of 5, through the ouija boards and vision quests when I was older. I even saw a ‘possession’: it was a little boy, and when one time he did not get what he wanted, even when he had persisted with his demands for some time, he turned his face away from everyone and it transformed, distorted into a demonic mask. I caught a glimpse as he turned away, but then I also caught his reflection in a window. I could hardly believe my eyes, but his face became truly demonic, so distorted that you would not have recognized him. I did see a man’s face get distorted in the same sort of way, but not nearly as bad as that little boy, not that truly demonic quality.

I may seem a bit of a party-pooper to dismiss all this paranormal stuff as just being dreams, may seem to be taking the mystery out of life and leaving a rather dry, banal sort of existence behind. Actually, I do think life can be magical, but that is just not the place to look for the magic……but that’s another subject.

Wait a minute……I’ve just noticed you’re from New Zealand. Is that not the home of Extreme Sports? There’s your answer then: get out of your nice relaxing pool and get the fear running through your veins with one of those ‘jumping off cliffs’ things……keep that up for a while, till your stressed out and can’t stop shaking, and that should do the trick.

Supernatural entities attack people that have something they want. You are VERY blessed that nothing is after you in that way. As for wishing to come across something more 'spiritual' or from outside earth, are you religious? Do you believe in God?