Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony


  • Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#4291    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Can I ask another obvious question?  At 2:04 we see a nice clear zoomed in image of the craft.  If it is an airliner then where is the tail?

Maybe some skeptic would care to answer that one?

Edited by zoser, 17 November 2012 - 07:53 PM.

Posted Image


#4292    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

  • Member
  • 24,549 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Sea of Okhotsk

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 17 November 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

Ah, I see what you're using a time reference now...  the darkening of the footage.  It appears to me as though he changed a setting on the camera to cause it to be darker.  He turned down the brightness and increased the contrast or something like that.
i see where you're coming from, but even if he did do it for Devious and underhand purposes, I'm still not at all sure that it's an aircraft or Airliner seen head on. if it's anything it might be an Helicopter hovering seen side-on, but the lights I really don't think seem compatible with that either.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#4293    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

View Postzoser, on 17 November 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

Can I ask another obvious question?  At 2:04 we see a nice clear zoomed in image of the craft.  If it is an airliner then where is the tail?

Maybe some skeptic would care to answer that one?

The image is far from clear zoser.  It is all blurry and out of focus.  At this point in the footage the aircraft is moving primarily toward the camera, so the tail would be very slender if even visible at all.  For the most part, the brightness of the lights drown out the camera's ability to capture the slender tail.

Plus, the nose appears to be up in relation to the POV of the camera.  Compare to about the mid-point of this video, as the plane is beginning to lift off.



You can't see the tail at all after about the 23 or 24 second mark even though this footage is crystal clear, and that's because the nose and fuselage obstruct our view of it.


#4294    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

View Post747400, on 17 November 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

i see where you're coming from, but even if he did do it for Devious and underhand purposes, I'm still not at all sure that it's an aircraft or Airliner seen head on. if it's anything it might be an Helicopter hovering seen side-on, but the lights I really don't think seem compatible with that either.

I don't think he did it for any kind of nefarious purpose, he was probably hoping that it would make the lights he was filming appear more distinctly.  Although it is also possible that he was simply playing around with settings out of ignorance.  I think we can tell by how erratic the footage is that he isn't very experienced with the camera.

At any rate, the footage on the whole is fully consistent with a plane that had recently taken off, gained altitude, and then banked into a turn toward the left.

It's unfortunate that we don't have an accurate location, date, and time for the footage.  I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that there is probably an airport or landing strip right over the horizon there.


#4295    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 17 November 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

The image is far from clear zoser.  It is all blurry and out of focus.  At this point in the footage the aircraft is moving primarily toward the camera, so the tail would be very slender if even visible at all.  For the most part, the brightness of the lights drown out the camera's ability to capture the slender tail.

Plus, the nose appears to be up in relation to the POV of the camera.  Compare to about the mid-point of this video, as the plane is beginning to lift off.


You can't see the tail at all after about the 23 or 24 second mark even though this footage is crystal clear, and that's because the nose and fuselage obstruct our view of it.

The image is clear enough to discern certain things.  If it is moving away from us then where is the tail?  If i's approaching where is the nose?  Why do we not see a proper tapering of the wings either side?  Instead we see a much larger height throughout the entire section with only a slight tapering on the rhs.

Posted Image

Posted Image


#4296    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

View Postzoser, on 17 November 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

The image is clear enough to discern certain things.  If it is moving away from us then where is the tail?  If i's approaching where is the nose?  Why do we not see a proper tapering of the wings either side?  Instead we see a much larger height throughout the entire section with only a slight tapering on the rhs.

Posted Image

Here's an animated GIF created with every 10th frame leading up to the 'disappearance' at around 2:38.


Posted Image

That is the slow banking maneuver of an aircraft.


#4297    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 17 November 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Here's an animated GIF created with every 10th frame leading up to the 'disappearance' at around 2:38.


Posted Image

That is the slow banking maneuver of an aircraft.

Apart from the simple fact that it doesn't resemble an aircraft.  There is enough detail to see what it isn't.

Posted Image


#4298    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

View Postzoser, on 17 November 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Apart from the simple fact that it doesn't resemble an aircraft.  There is enough detail to see what it isn't.

What do you mean it doesn't resemble an aircraft?  It looks exactly like an aircraft flying generally toward the camera and banking to its right (to the left from the camera's POV).


#4299    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 17 November 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

What do you mean it doesn't resemble an aircraft?  It looks exactly like an aircraft flying generally toward the camera and banking to its right (to the left from the camera's POV).

No tail, no nose, unexplained lights, unexplained hovering, insufficient banking time, incorrect cross section............. :blush:

Is the camera lying?

Posted Image


#4300    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 6,810 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

  • If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

View Postzoser, on 16 June 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

Another classic UFO case from 1964: Police officer Lonnie Zamora is pursuing a speeding car when he encounters a craft that lands.  The craft leaves landing marks and an investigation is ordered.


Isn`t that the voice of Joey grego from Cheaters?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4301    synchronomy

synchronomy

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • Joined:05 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario Canada

  • Facinating

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

View Postzoser, on 17 November 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

The image is clear enough to discern certain things.  If it is moving away from us then where is the tail?  If i's approaching where is the nose?  Why do we not see a proper tapering of the wings either side?  Instead we see a much larger height throughout the entire section with only a slight tapering on the rhs.

Posted Image
This image isn't worth beans.  The video camera is already digitally zoomed in to a great extent, then it has been blown up again in this view.
All it shows is a big mess of distortion.

Aircraft landing lights have narrow beams.  In this video you are seeing an aircraft heading almost straight towards the camera...actually slightly to the right, which is why the image moves slowly to the right.  It's not stationary at all.  Look at the background clouds.  When the aircraft begins to turn to it's right (our left) the landing lights quickly fade because they are no longer pointing at the camera.  The aircraft then passes perpendicular to the camera's view from left to right.
There's only one object here and it's a plane.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#4302    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

View Postzoser, on 17 November 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

No tail, no nose, unexplained lights, unexplained hovering, insufficient banking time, incorrect cross section............. :blush:

With so much blur in this crappy footage, you're not going to see a lot of detail and what is there is going to blend together an awful lot.  There is absolutely no hovering in this footage, the aircraft is constantly in motion, and there was more than sufficient time for the banking maneuver to complete.


View Postzoser, on 17 November 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

Is the camera lying?

No the camera isn't lying, you are just clueless when it comes to understanding what you're seeing in the footage.  I'm sorry, but there is no better way to state it.


#4303    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    “What’s wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Zoser lines them up and Boon knocks them down

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 17 November 2012 - 10:47 PM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#4304    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

  • Member
  • 24,549 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Sea of Okhotsk

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 17 November 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Here's an animated GIF created with every 10th frame leading up to the 'disappearance' at around 2:38.


Posted Image

That is the slow banking maneuver of an aircraft.
What kind of aircraft, though? That seems to have a very wide chord wing, no discernible fuselage and no vertical Tail. The only aircraft that could look remotely anything like that might be a B-2, or perhaps one of those secret Flying WIngs that we see about so much*. A high wing aircraft like a C-130? The wings look very much like they're swept. A B-52, then?  It doesn't looks much like any regular kind of commercial aircraft, that makes it very clear.

Here's a B-2 from pretty much the same angle which gives a good view of the lights:





* :innocent:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


Posted Image


#4305    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 17 November 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

Zoser lines them up and Boon knocks them down

No at best he does 1 in 5.  He still has Fraserburgh, Denbigh, Myrtle Beach and Yuma to solve.  4 out of 5 cases still unexplained where the footage has close similarities.

Stan Freidman himself says that he is happy with every 90% of sightings being hoaxes or misidentifications.  He only needs 5-10% of unexplained to validate the phenomena.

PS I'm still not convinced about Okeechobee.  Just saying that the footage is crappy solves nothing and is just a peg to hang one's coat on.  It's just a get out clause.  Even when not zoomed in fully the outline is discernable as something other than a plane.  

The debate still rages and there is still much to discuss if anyone's up for it.

I'm enjoying it if everyone else is.

Edited by zoser, 18 November 2012 - 08:22 AM.

Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users